Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft thread

Cruisin' for trouble

Re: NFL Draft thread

I expect Miami to be a player for Travis Henry, unless the Cardinals break down and offer more than LJ Shelton in trade. If Miami DOES trade down to 7 and they STILL get Henry, then they could trade down again and grab a couple more picks, which would suit Saban.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Trade Talk There is talk of the Fish trading their 1st pick to the Vikes
    If the Vikings do that deal it would be one of the biggest draft day robberies I can remember. Although we are talking about the Vikings here, so anything is possible. I'm not big on Edwards really, not crazy about the attitude and didn't the Vikes just deal away a WR who would occasionally lose focus? Doesn't make sense and I have to believe this is just pre-draft speculation and posturing.

To me, there is no player worth trading up from #7 for. I would be more than happy to stay put and take BPA at that spot. I can see trading down and grabbing an extra pick somewhere, which is fine by me. Trade down a few from 7, get an extra pick and take Williamson there and Spears at 18.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Now the Redskins are trying to trade up for Braylon Edwards.

I saw a mock draft on GBNReport where the Bengals ended up trading with the Eagles for their 1st rounder and the Dolphins second rounder. With the first and two second round picks, they took Dan Cody(DE-Oklahoma), Channing Crowder(LB-Florida) and Luis Castillo(DT-Northwestern)

Not bad, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed

I saw a mock draft on GBNReport where the Bengals ended up trading with the Eagles for their 1st rounder and the Dolphins second rounder. With the first and two second round picks, they took Dan Cody(DE-Oklahoma), Channing Crowder(LB-Florida) and Luis Castillo(DT-Northwestern)

Not bad, IMO.
    That's bad, IMO. Of course, I'm looking at it from a different angle. I hope the Eagles don''t give up that much to go up and get Khalif Barnes. I'd be annoyed if they gave up more than their 1st and later 2nd. That would be a good deal for the Bengals.

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Trade Talk There is talk of the Fish trading their 1st pick to the Vikes
    Chris Mortenson was on Mike and Mike this morning and said he has checked out the Viking/Dolphin trade rumors and thinks they are false. He doesn't think the Vikes will trade up and wouldn't be surprised if they traded down.

<sigh of relief>
    Never overlook the obvious

Quote Originally Posted by gm
    Hopefully, Packer fans will be saying that for years to come re: this Saturday. The Christmas Eve result was painful, but payback's been sweet ever since...
    And the ViQueeens have won how many championships? And the ViQueens won how many games in the playoffs last year? And the ViQueeens finished where in the division last year? And who is coming back to play quarterback for Pack this year? And Randy will be playing where next year?

That Kampman offer was a typical cheap little ViQueeen trick, but I expect there will be some payback. Hope Daren stays healthy for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    And the ViQueens won how many games in the playoffs last year?
    Minnesota 31, Green Bay 17. January 10, 2005 at Lambeau Field.

Best of luck next fall, you and BF are gonna need it.

Cheeseheads

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    And the ViQueeens have won how many championships? And the ViQueens won how many games in the playoffs last year? And the ViQueeens finished where in the division last year? And who is coming back to play quarterback for Pack this year? And Randy will be playing where next year?

That Kampman offer was a typical cheap little ViQueeen trick, but I expect there will be some payback. Hope Daren stays healthy for you guys.
    Let's take these one at a time:

1. I'll admit, they've won more than the Vikings. Ok, so you get that one.

2. Um, more than the Packers, though it's likely you wouldn't remember since the media forgot who won the game and instead fixated on the Moss mooning incident (which was great by the way).

3. Second, though if you go back and look at the film from those games, you'll see that the Vikes should have won both, but the refs don't like to see Favre lose, so they do what they can to help him out. You may be able to make a case that the Packers won the second game, but the first matchup in Lambeau was an absolute joke. No way did the Packers recover that fumble on the kickoff return. No matter though, because it made the playoff game beat-down that much sweeter.

4. Sure #4 will be back, but who cares? He flat out lost the playoff game for your team last year whether Packer fans want to admit it or not. He's still a good QB, but not good enough anymore to overcome the other deficiencies that team has. Don't worry though I'm sure he's settled comfortably into his role as the second best QB in the NFC North.

5. Oakland. Sure, they'll miss him, though I doubt the Packer secondary will look much better now that he's out of the division. I'll miss seeing Moss smoke Packer CB's twice a game, but I'll live. Besides, our defense will be way better so we won't need to score quite as much. Even so, I don't anticipate a huge dropoff. Let's just say that the Vikings will be just fine without Moss, but will you be able to say the same thing about the Packers when Favre retires next year? Not a chance.

Oh, and on Kampman: not the Vikings fault that the Packers tried to lowball him. He's a solid player and deserves to be paid as such. Too bad he has to go back to Green Bay, he could have been on a good team in 2005.

typical cheap little ViQueeen trick
    It's appropriate that you bring up cheap tricks, since I'm sure you have plenty of experience with them considering who your QB is. Don't think the Vikings don't remember the Willie Offord eye-poke incident from last year. Paybacks can be quite unpleasant.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Wanna hear the funny part?

The Redskins are looking at Jason Campbell(QB-Auburn) with that pick, and Campbell is projected to be a second rounder.

Can you say REACH? I guess they didnt learn from Ramsey.
    Got to believe Joe Gibbs wants some muscle on the offensive line so he can turn Portis loose.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Cruisin' for trouble

Chiefs traded their 2nd and 5th round picks to the Dolphins for CB Patrick Surtain and the Dolphins 5th round pick.

Looks like the Dolphins may be positioning themselves to trade out of the 2 spot in the draft. Minnesota is a prime candidate as they would like to get Braylon Edwards. The Dolphins would get additional picks and still be able to address the CB position (Rogers/Jones).

Talk about revisionist history. All I know is I visited the Packer Hall of Fame recently and saw Three Lombardi trophys there. How many you got in the twin cities? Are there any trophys named after Bud Grant? And I hate to break it to you guys but even though I know you live for playing the Packers, you're not even our biggest rival- we'd much rather beat the Bears. In any event talk is cheap this time of the year. See you in the fall. Good luck without Randy.

Quote Originally Posted by gm
    Chris Mortenson was on Mike and Mike this morning and said he has checked out the Viking/Dolphin trade rumors and thinks they are false. He doesn't think the Vikes will trade up and wouldn't be surprised if they traded down.

<sigh of relief>
    I heard that this morning and it sounded like Mortenson was pulling things out of his . He'd say "I'm being told <something>, but I think <the opposite> will happen." He did that several times. Methinks he's like the rest of us and doesn't have a clue.
    Sabermetrics can be boiled down to this simple truism: A batter's goal is to extend the inning. Extend enough innings and you're going to score runs. Extend more innings than your opponent and you're going to score more runs than him.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds
    Minnesota is a prime candidate as they would like to get Braylon Edwards. The Dolphins would get additional picks.
    Long press conference with Tice and Studwell, yesterday. While they could be blowing smoke they basically shot down this scenario. No way Miami/Cleveland will be getting Minnesota's #7 and #18 for #2 or #3

Packers = circling the drain. You can always tell when all the cheeseheads want to talk about are the glory days. Bret will feel the difference in GB's pass protection with 2 new guards...
    Last edited by gm; 04-22-2005 at 04:47 PM.

Cruisin' for trouble

I don't see Miami getting 2 #1 picks from Minnesota. But I can see them getting #7 and a third round pick from the Vikings.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds
    I don't see Miami getting 2 #1 picks from Minnesota. But I can see them getting #7 and a third round pick from the Vikings.
    7 and a 2nd rounder is more realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?