Re: NFL Draft thread

Bengals 7th round pick: Jonathan Fanene 6-3 290 DE Utah

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    Bengals 6th round pick:

Tab Perry WR UCLA
    Heres parts of an interview from Bengals.com

Q: What does it feel like to be picked by the Bengals in the sixth round?
    “I was very excited. All of my family is from Cincinnati. I had the chance to work out with Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh. I know it’s going to be fun playing with the Bengals. They are definitely a program on the rise.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q: Who are the family members you have in Cincinnati?
    “Everybody. I have everyone from my mom and dad to aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews and everybody."

Q: Where were you born?
    “I was born in Pennsylvania. I think my mom was transferred there for a job and then moved back to Cincinnati. We lived in Avondale.”

Q: Do you feel the Bengals are getting a steal in the sixth round?
    “Definitely. I’m going to make all 30-plus teams pay for not picking me. I’m excited about the Bengals picking me. I think I’m going to fit well in their system. I think we’re going to have a great receiving corps.”

On a side note, the Patriots took Matt Cassel, the BACKUP QB to Matt Leinart at USC.

I know Belicheck has his players, but between this pick and Logan Mankins(OL projected to go 3rd round but NE took in the first), this is pretty comical.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I like the Bengals draft in total.

I think Pollack and Thurman will turn into solid players.

Not sold on Henry, but maybe Marvin can control him. If he can watch out.

As far as picks 4,5,6,7 go, I like using the later rounds for role players. It looks like both the O-linemen can contribute as subs and spot starters this season, and Perry can return kicks. And, another warm body on the D-line is always a plus.

I give the draft an A!

i don't know anything about the Bengals, but I saw Pollack play in the Orange Bowl and he was absolutely terrific. I can't remember the last time I saw one player have that big an impact on a game. I was wondering who would draft him.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    On a side note, the Patriots took Matt Cassel, the BACKUP QB to Matt Leinart at USC.
    I have been pondering this. I am wonding if Belicheck made this pick for Cassel's usefulness on the scout team. The guy probably ran every offense known to man at USC. He might just have some value by giving "good looks" to the Pat's D.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    i don't know anything about the Bengals, but I saw Pollack play in the Orange Bowl and he was absolutely terrific. I can't remember the last time I saw one player have that big an impact on a game. I was wondering who would draft him.
    That's what I like to hear

Sorry to all the Minnesota fans, but I see all this smoke about the Vikings having the best draft and a great offseason, yada, yada. I don't see any of it.

Williamson has bust written all over him. He is a combine monster who didn't have the college numbers because of SC's offense. Combine monsters are the ones who burn teams (hello Mike Mamula).

Ersamus James - not impressed. Wisconsin players tend not to produce at the next level, plus his numbers don't jump out at you either. He showed up big in some games, and not at all in others. That raises a flag to me.

Then, losing Moss is gonna effect them way more than people are saying. I know when the Giants played the Vikes last year without Moss their offense scared me not one bit, and it showed when the Giants spanked them pretty good in the dome.

Now Dallas - Dallas had a great draft in my opinion.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    Williamson has bust written all over him. He is a combine monster who didn't have the college numbers because of SC's offense. Combine monsters are the ones who burn teams (hello Mike Mamula).

That brings back some bad memories. The mas was a god in Madden '99, yet so horrible in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie
    That brings back some bad memories. The mas was a god in Madden '99, yet so horrible in real life.
    Sorry Stewie!

If it makes you feel any better Ernie Accorsi drafts a workout monster every year and he never works out (Shiancoe, Sean Bennett, Brian Alford, Joe Montgomery, Jeff Hatch).
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Bengals signed Undrafted Free Agents:

Patrick Body-S-Toledo 6'1" 200 lbs(4.25 - 40, 42-1/2" vertical jump)
    Ben Wilkerson-C-LSU 6'3" 300 lbs
    Andrew Bulman-DT-Kansas State 6'3" 285 lbs
    Steve Vieira-OT-UCLA 6'6" 318 lbs
    Sale`Key-WR-Idaho State 6'5" 216 lbs
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Sorry Stewie!

If it makes you feel any better Ernie Accorsi drafts a workout monster every year and he never works out (Shiancoe, Sean Bennett, Brian Alford, Joe Montgomery, Jeff Hatch).
    It's cool. Once Ray Rhodes left, the bad drafts went with him. I still remember when he took Jon Harris in the first round in '97 because he was a tall d-lineman. Shortly after the draft Harris said he was shocked he was drafted so high. Always good when your first rounder didn't think he was good enough to be a first rounder. Shockingly, he was a bust. The Andy Reid era has seen better usage of draft picks. Reid makes some mistakes (#cough#Freddie Mitchell#cough#), but he at least learns from them.

But anyways, I agree with you in that I'm not so sure about all they hype that Minnesota has been getting. I like Mike Williams a lot more than Williamson, even if Williamson is supposedly a better fit in their offense. They had a decent draft, but they could have done better.

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    Bengals signed Undrafted Free Agents:

Patrick Body-S-Toledo 6'1" 200 lbs(4.25 - 40, 42-1/2" vertical jump)
    Ben Wilkerson-C-LSU 6'3" 300 lbs
    Andrew Bulman-DT-Kansas State 6'3" 285 lbs
    Steve Vieira-OT-UCLA 6'6" 318 lbs
    Sale`Key-WR-Idaho State 6'5" 216 lbs
    Ben Wilkerson injured his achilles and probably won't play all year.

Having said that, if he heals properly, what a pick up. He was a first rounder before the injury and is a top notch linemen. Could turn out great for the Bengals.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Having said that, if he heals properly, what a pick up. He was a first rounder before the injury and is a top notch linemen. Could turn out great for the Bengals.
    I like the Body and Wilkerson pickups. I figure Wilkerson will be on the injured or practice squad and tucked away for the following season.

There's a certain Safety from Georgia Tech that I hope the Bengals sign.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

I was wondering why he wasn't drafted. Nice work getting him in the fold.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    There's a certain Safety from Georgia Tech that I hope the Bengals sign.
    There's a certain hard hitting cornerback / safety from Michigan that declared early and, to my amazement, no one drafted, that I would like the Bengals to pick up as well.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?