Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Country's Best Cup of Coffee?

Re: Country's Best Cup of Coffee?

All coffee tastes the same to me, I'll just pick the cheapest
    Last edited by KronoRed; 04-22-2005 at 02:14 PM.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

If I have a headache because of a lack of caffeine, there is no such thing as a bad cup of coffee.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Post To Contact

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    One that I have always liked. They seem to make it strong and that is okay by me. I usually drink only the McD's, UDF, Dairy Mart type of coffees. I will not "buy into" the ridiculous prices of the Starbuck's thing. I find it amazing that so many others have. I have tried Starbuck's. No way is the price worth the taste. It must be the Economics degree in me.

If I am not driving to work and stopping at a convenience store, I prefer fresh brewed coffee at home on the weekend. I will buy Guatamalan (sp?) from the coffee store at the local Mall.
    Amen to that, brother. I NEVER could understand the fascination with Starbuck's. I tried it one day when going out for lunch with a friend, and not only is it ridiculously priced, it tasted like someone put their sweat socks in it after running for five straight days throughout the streets of Calcutta. And then left the same brew sitting in the pot for five days.

I also have been partial, as simple as it may seem, to the McDonald's coffee all these years, and UDF and Dairy Mart and Speedway are all ok to me too.

That is, if I am not making the coffee myself. Mine's still the best.
    “[He] called me a ‘rapist’ and a ‘recluse.’ I’m not a recluse.” - Mike Tyson

it tasted like someone put their sweat socks in it after running for five straight days throughout the streets of Calcutta. And then left the same brew sitting in the pot for five days.
    That's what real coffe taste like, the coffee you've been drinking are medium roasts, not dark so there is the main difference.

I find Starbucks too weak for my taste, I get it with at least 1 shot of espresso.

Lifes too short for bad coffee IMO.

McDonald's does have pretty good coffee, as does Waffle House. Once drank 24 cups one night at a Waffle House before they cut me off. The menu said bottomless cup of coffee...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Depends on your coffee purpose.

Road trip/Long drive coffee - McDonalds or BP

Hoity Toity coffee - not an expert. I like the coffee at Borders .... but it just goes along with the atmosphere.

Here's the real question: what coffee do you buy for home use?

If you care about my retirement, you'll say Folger's or Millstone.

(I'll understand if you choose Maxwell House though. )

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    Here's the real question: what coffee do you buy for home use?

If you care about my retirement, you'll say Folger's or Millstone.

(I'll understand if you choose Maxwell House though. )
    Peets

I have Folger's at home
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Post To Contact

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    McDonald's does have pretty good coffee, as does Waffle House. Once drank 24 cups one night at a Waffle House before they cut me off. The menu said bottomless cup of coffee...
    savafan, I'm a big Waffle House fan as well, I can't believe their coffee slipped my mind. I see Miamisburg next to your name, do you frequent the WH on 725?
    “[He] called me a ‘rapist’ and a ‘recluse.’ I’m not a recluse.” - Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Big Donkey
    savafan, I'm a big Waffle House fan as well, I can't believe their coffee slipped my mind. I see Miamisburg next to your name, do you frequent the WH on 725?
    I've been there a couple times, once things get squared away with a new job I'll have more time to myself again for the House.

Not crazy about Peet's, too bitter. Its hard to find the real strong coffee without the bitterness and, no, they aren't the same thing.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

Not crazy about Peet's, too bitter.
    Not as bitter as Royal Coffee in Oakland though.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    That's what real coffe taste like, the coffee you've been drinking are medium roasts, not dark so there is the main difference.

I find Starbucks too weak for my taste, I get it with at least 1 shot of espresso.

Lifes too short for bad coffee IMO.
    Years ago there was a coffee house I used to go to in the Mission district, can not remember the name now, that made a coffee called a hammerheard. It was a pint glass filled about 3/4 full of dark roast coffee then added a shot of espresso in it, I swear after drinkin that I would have quite the buzz. Now I get my coffee from a little local shop called deafdog I love it strong flavor and not too bitter.

I think there's a place called "Muddy Waters" in the Mission. Could that be it?

And, WOY, Royal Coffee isn't my cup of tea either.

Lappert's, primarily an ice cream company makes pretty good coffee. Most of the hotels in SF serve it.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

Turn Off Ads?