Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Superman Returns Cast

Re: Superman Returns Cast

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    looks retro(ish) to me. Sort of George Reeve colorized by TBS'esque
    exactly what I was thinking
    This is the Cal Ripkin Jr. of typos.

If you ask me to join your fantasy baseball league and I select Legolas in the first round, don't be angry at me. It's not my fault I've read up on the players and you haven't.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    Marlon Brando is dead.

He was original Jor El.
    I'm aware of both those facts pedro, but if you look at the cast list it says that they are using archived footage of Brando for Jor El.
    This is the Cal Ripkin Jr. of typos.

If you ask me to join your fantasy baseball league and I select Legolas in the first round, don't be angry at me. It's not my fault I've read up on the players and you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    I'm aware of both those facts pedro, but if you look at the cast list it says that they are using archived footage of Brando for Jor El.
    Rumor is, the Brando footage is the stuff originally intended to be used in "Superman II" but he later refused to have it included due to the ridiculous crap that went on during production.

I think the new Superman looks a little off...kind of like Superman III, after Richard Pryor gave him the synthesized kryptonite laced with tar.

Either the suit is padded in all the wrong places or the actor has fantastic quad/deltoid development and no pectorals whatsoever. His thighs and shoulders are all completely out of proportion with his torso. I can understand going for the 'washboard stomach' look, but the only comic book characters with a 'washboard chest' are dorky guys getting sand kicked in their face in the old Charles Atlas advertisements.

As far as the 'look' of the suit goes, I like it. It reminds me of the old school suit George Reeves used to wear in 'Adventures of Superman'.

http://www.celebhost.net/georgereeves/superman1.html
    Last edited by Steve4192; 04-22-2005 at 09:51 PM.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192
    Either the suit is padded in all the wrong places or the actor has fantastic quad/deltoid development and no pectorals whatsoever. His thighs and shoulders are all completely out of proportion with his torso. I can understand going for the 'washboard stomach' look, but the only comic book characters with a 'washboard chest' are dorky guys getting sand kicked in their face in the old Charles Atlas advertisements.

As far as the 'look' of the suit goes, I like it. It reminds me of the old school suit George Reeves used to wear in 'Adventures of Superman'.

http://www.celebhost.net/georgereeves/superman1.html
    Exactly. The suit is similar to the one George Reeves wore in 1954-55 except for the belt.

Surprisingly, no one has mentioned the cast list. Among those on the cast is Noel Neill who played Lois Lane from (I think) 1954- the end of the show on TV. She must be (she is) 85 years old! No name is given her character. I also looked her up and found she's been quite active in movies, even doing a 2004 film. I hope she doesn't get cut. I see an opening for some good lines.

I first saw Superman in 1955 on our old black and white TV. I've been fascinated since. I once attempted to tape all the shows, but failed miserably when Nick or someone were showing them. I thought George Reeves was the perfect Superman and the other character actors did their parts well including Noel Neill. So, I'm old...
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

As a kid I loved Superman w/ George Reeves. Have 3 video tapes of most of the episodes.

I didn't really care for the Superman w/ Christopher Reeves- too campy for my tastes.

Turn Off Ads?