Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The television movie "Locusts"

ws1990reds

The television movie "Locusts"

Absolutely pathetic. :thumbdown It has Generation 1990's written all over it. It's a sad, sad state of affairs when movies center around cellular phone conversations and horribly-scripted acting. I had to throw the covers of the blanket over my head while laughing, when the scene where the community event is evacuated by some chick in really tight pants (her breasts looked pretty good in that tight shirt) who is flashing a federal authority badge and running around asking people "Do you work here?". My wife made me leave the room.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The television movie "Locusts"

You were surprised by this?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

ws1990reds

Sadly, I was. I keep trying to hold some faith in today's television, that we'll see a television movie of substance (hell, it's hard to find that in the theatres, what with all the PG-13 movies coming out [as an attempt to cast as wide a net as possible]). That movies was just awful. :thumbdown

Four words:

Spring Break Shark Attack.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450326/
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Four words:

Spring Break Shark Attack.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450326/
    I love the internet movie database. One can learn so much. For example, I just learned that Mr. T. was voted the fourth most influential American in history, "behind Homer Simpson, Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King Jnr."
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by ws1990reds
    Sadly, I was. I keep trying to hold some faith in today's television, that we'll see a television movie of substance (hell, it's hard to find that in the theatres, what with all the PG-13 movies coming out [as an attempt to cast as wide a net as possible]). That movies was just awful. :thumbdown
    Yeah, it's a drag. Unfortunately, it's just like the music industry- if you want good music you have to ignore the major radio outlets.
    Speaking of which, anyone listen to Little Stephen's show? I catch it on an Indianapolis station (WTTS) on Sunday nights. It's wicked cool. Great music.

Quote Originally Posted by ws1990reds
    Absolutely pathetic. :thumbdown It has Generation 1990's written all over it. It's a sad, sad state of affairs when movies center around cellular phone conversations and horribly-scripted acting. I had to throw the covers of the blanket over my head while laughing, when the scene where the community event is evacuated by some chick in really tight pants (her breasts looked pretty good in that tight shirt) who is flashing a federal authority badge and running around asking people "Do you work here?". My wife made me leave the room.
    As long as her breasts looked pretty good....
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    As long as her breasts looked pretty good....

Yeah, I don't see the problem here.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Network TV, the McDonalds of Entertainment, empty calories and sugar to mask the real taste. (or lack of taste)

You don't go to a ***** for love...

ws1990reds

Where is the best place to find alternative sources of music and movies? I'm quickly tiring of the lack of creativity in "majority consumption" entertainiment.

I listen to these. I'm more into roots stuff, which is what you get with these two. Iy don't know if that's alternative or not, but you don't hear these folks playing the same stuff that you'll hear on Clearchannel stations.

wnku.org
    wxpn.org

ws1990reds

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck
    I listen to these. I'm more into roots stuff, which is what you get with these two. Iy don't know if that's alternative or not, but you don't hear these folks playing the same stuff that you'll hear on Clearchannel stations.

wnku.org
    wxpn.org
    What I meant was that I am looking for some good sources music and movies alternative to the crap that is pushed on the majority consumer space. Thank you for the links.

Turn Off Ads?