Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37

Thread: Revenge of the Sith gets PG-13 rating, tickets available online

  1. #16
    Joe Oliver love-child Blimpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    4,890

    Re: Revenge of the Sith gets PG-13 rating, tickets available online

    PG-13 isn't like R. Theatres don't prohibit children under the age of 13 from seeing the movie, and they don't have to be accompanied by an adult or guardian. Lucas will still make his half-billion dollars.
    Theatres may not prohibit kids under 13 from viewing, but many parents will....

    Actually, I think PG-13 is a smart move. The last three SW movies (including Return of the Jedi) pandered too heavily to children and suffered because of it. The original Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back were darker and edgier (prior to the "Special Edition" re-releases), and far superior films.
    I actually thought Lucas would really try to "bridge the gap" with this film. Meaning, he would go out of his way to pander to the young audience. Why not make it PG? It's not like it would actually PREVENT the dude in his late 30's-early 40's dressing up like Bobba Fett and camping out for his tickets one opening night/week.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Where's my chair? REDREAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    20,897

    Re: Revenge of the Sith gets PG-13 rating, tickets available online

    IMO, "Attack of the Clones" was more adult oriented than "Return of Jedi" and "Phantom Menance".. The latter two were clearly targeted at very young kids, and the overall stories were lame.

    "Attack of the Clones" had a more complex story and was overall less goofy. I think Lucas is starting to relize that his real audience is adults who enjoyed star wars as kids.

    I don't think the PG13 rating is going to hurt it at all. I think most adults will say "It's only Star Wars". I'm going to take my young kids to see it. In fact, I think the PG13 will help it, as adults are less apt to assume it's an Ewok/Jar Jar lovefest..

  4. #18
    Churlish Johnny Footstool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    13,782

    Re: Revenge of the Sith gets PG-13 rating, tickets available online

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Ya think?

    Yub nub ... eee chop yub nub.
    Ah toe meet toe pee chee kene g'noop dock fling oh-ah.

    Yahwa ... moe whip yahwa.
    Ah toe meet toe pee chee kene g'noop dock fling oh-ah.

    Coatee-cha tu yub nub.
    Coatee-cha tu yahwa.
    Coatee-cha tu glowah.
    Allayloo ta nuv.

    Glowah, eee chop glowah.
    Yawah pee chu knee foom.
    Ah toot dee awe goon-da.

    Coatee-cha tu goo ... Yub nub.
    Coatee-cha tu doo ... Yahwa.
    Coatee-cha tu too ... Ya-chaa.

    Allayloo ta nuv.
    Allayloo ta nuv.
    Allayloo ta nuv.

    Glowah, eee chop glowah.
    Yawah pee chu knee foom.
    Ah toot dee awe goon-da.

    Coatee-cha tu goo ... Yub nub.
    Coatee-cha tu goo!


    http://www.starwarsdotcom.com/_languages/ewoksong.html

    Still not as catchy as "Lapti Nek."
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 04-25-2005 at 03:58 PM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

  5. #19
    Joe Oliver love-child Blimpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    4,890

    Re: Revenge of the Sith gets PG-13 rating, tickets available online

    Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    IMO, "Attack of the Clones" was more adult oriented than "Return of Jedi" and "Phantom Menance".. The latter two were clearly targeted at very young kids, and the overall stories were lame.

    "Attack of the Clones" had a more complex story and was overall less goofy. I think Lucas is starting to relize that his real audience is adults who enjoyed star wars as kids.

    I don't think the PG13 rating is going to hurt it at all. I think most adults will say "It's only Star Wars". I'm going to take my young kids to see it. In fact, I think the PG13 will help it, as adults are less apt to assume it's an Ewok/Jar Jar lovefest..
    I don't think PG-13 will hurt the box office either. Its just that my wife thinks she's Tipper Gore these days and relies WAY TOO MUCH on the ratings for my taste. I've got three children under age thirteen who all want to see the movie with me...I guess we'll need to go covert to elude the betrothed...
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

  6. #20
    Where's my chair? REDREAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    20,897

    Re: Revenge of the Sith gets PG-13 rating, tickets available online

    Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    I guess we'll need to go covert to elude the betrothed...


    IMO, the ratings system is very inconsistent anyhow. Although at least now in the video store, on some movies they at least give you a few words on why it is a particular rating (violence or whatever)

    I have a hard time believing this movie would be any more tramuatic to kids than "Raiders of the Lost Ark". It's just not Lucas' style. He certainly doesn't want a buzz generated that this movie is inappropriate for kids. That would kill DVD sales later.

    I'm guessing it's a very light PG13.

  7. #21
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,212

    Re: Revenge of the Sith gets PG-13 rating, tickets available online

    Ah toe meet toe pee chee kene g'noop dock fling oh-ah
    Silly me... all this time I've been singing:

    Ah toe meet JOE pee LEE kene g'noop dock fling oh-HA

  8. #22
    Puffy's Daddy Red Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Centerville, OH
    Posts
    20,422

    Re: Revenge of the Sith gets PG-13 rating, tickets available online

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Silly me... all this time I've been singing:

    Ah toe meet JOE pee LEE kene g'noop dock fling oh-HA
    Hey, this is a family board!
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

    Your Mom is happy.

  9. #23
    Churlish Johnny Footstool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    13,782

    Re: Revenge of the Sith gets PG-13 rating, tickets available online

    Friggin' "Yub Nub"...
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

  10. #24
    Hey Cubs Fans RFS62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,601

    Re: Revenge of the Sith gets PG-13 rating, tickets available online

    Ewok burgers, I'm tellin' you.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

  11. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    376

    Re: Revenge of the Sith gets PG-13 rating, tickets available online

    Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD


    IMO, the ratings system is very inconsistent anyhow. Although at least now in the video store, on some movies they at least give you a few words on why it is a particular rating (violence or whatever)

    I have a hard time believing this movie would be any more tramuatic to kids than "Raiders of the Lost Ark". It's just not Lucas' style. He certainly doesn't want a buzz generated that this movie is inappropriate for kids. That would kill DVD sales later.

    I'm guessing it's a very light PG13.
    As I've basically spoiled myself on everything "Sith" related from reading the book to checking out dozens and dozens of pics from the film, the new SW flick will definitely NOT be "light" in any way.

  12. #26
    post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    10,771

    Re: Revenge of the Sith gets PG-13 rating, tickets available online

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Yub nub ... eee chop yub nub.
    Ah toe meet toe pee chee kene g'noop dock fling oh-ah.

    Yahwa ... moe whip yahwa.
    Ah toe meet toe pee chee kene g'noop dock fling oh-ah.

    Coatee-cha tu yub nub.
    Coatee-cha tu yahwa.
    Coatee-cha tu glowah.
    Allayloo ta nuv.

    Glowah, eee chop glowah.
    Yawah pee chu knee foom.
    Ah toot dee awe goon-da.

    Coatee-cha tu goo ... Yub nub.
    Coatee-cha tu doo ... Yahwa.
    Coatee-cha tu too ... Ya-chaa.

    Allayloo ta nuv.
    Allayloo ta nuv.
    Allayloo ta nuv.

    Glowah, eee chop glowah.
    Yawah pee chu knee foom.
    Ah toot dee awe goon-da.

    Coatee-cha tu goo ... Yub nub.
    Coatee-cha tu goo!
    Gotta friend who swears that he had to learn this in junior high chorus back in the 80s.

    Great thread. Jar Jar smack never ever gets tired.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

  13. #27
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,070

    Re: Revenge of the Sith gets PG-13 rating, tickets available online

    Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    Gotta friend who swears that he had to learn this in junior high chorus back in the 80s.

    .

    I did, I swear to Lucas I did.

    We sang it in 7th grade.

    I'm not kidding. I know all the words.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  14. #28
    Hey Cubs Fans RFS62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,601

    Re: Revenge of the Sith gets PG-13 rating, tickets available online

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    I did, I swear to Lucas I did.

    We sang it in 7th grade.

    I'm not kidding. I know all the words.


    You probably talked the teacher into it.

    :
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

  15. #29
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,070

    Re: Revenge of the Sith gets PG-13 rating, tickets available online

    Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    You probably talked the teacher into it.

    :
    ummmmmm...

    no comment
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  16. #30
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,070

    Re: Revenge of the Sith gets PG-13 rating, tickets available online

    actually, now that I think of it, it was fifth grade.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25