Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 90 days in jail or lose your Packer tickets

90 days in jail or lose your Packer tickets

This reminds me of the old Jack Benny bit where a mugger said to him, "Your money or your life!" Benny said, "I'm thinking it over."

http://www.wisinfo.com/northwestern/...20749687.shtml

Posted Apr. 24, 2005

Jail or Packer tickets for theft convict

Woman could avoid 90-day sentence by donating season passes

By Jim Collar
    of The Northwestern

Just what would a Green Bay Packer fan go through for tickets to get into Lambeau Field?

It's a question that's no longer hypothetical for one Winnebago County criminal defendant.

Sharon E. Rosenthal, 59, of Appleton will decide whether to donate her family's Packer tickets for the next season to charity or serve 90 days in jail as part of her sentence for one felony count of theft. She was sentenced in Winnebago County Circuit Court Friday.

The criminal complaint states that Rosenthal had taken money totaling more than $3,000 from labor union accounts prior to leaving the organization's membership. The check transactions were later discovered. When interviewed by police, Rosenthal said the money was taken and later reimbursed from her husband's retirement fund. She withdrew money from the union in order to help pay household bills, according to the complaint.

While Rosenthal told police financial hardship was an issue, she and her husband managed to maintain the cost of four tickets to the Packers' three-game season package.

Rosenthal argued that the tickets were her husband's rather than hers. Judge Scott Woldt nonetheless offered her the decision to either serve the jail time or donate the 12 tickets for the upcoming season to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

With the cheapest seats in Lambeau Field costing $54 apiece, the season package is worth at least $648.

The jail time — or the ticket donation — will occur as part of an overall two-year period of probation.
    Jim Collar: (920) 426-6676 or jcollar@thenorthwestern.com.
    Last edited by Chip R; 04-27-2005 at 11:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 90 days in jail or lose your Packer tickets

Knowing packer fans...they would take jail 80% of the time
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Knowing packer fans...they would take jail 80% of the time
    I wonder if Browns fans would know the difference? :
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Time is the Revelator.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Lets ask GAC
    Go Gators!

The last time I went to a Packer game (the Superbowl year against the Lions), I paid $400 for a seat on the 10 yard line. Everybody told me i got a bargain. I thought it was money well spent. Could use it now though, post 4/15.

Turn Off Ads?