Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Tooth Fairy visit at age 4??!!

Future Reds All Star

Tooth Fairy visit at age 4??!!

Ok...here is the situation!

My son is 4 (4 and 7 months to be exact). A couple of days ago I was giving him a bath and while talking to him I noticed something in his mouth. I was shocked to see a tooth that had grown in on the bottom behind his others ! It looks like it could be one of his adult teeth! I brush his teeth everyday and never saw it until then (which I can't figure out why). Trying not to stress about it and worry him I didn't make a big deal and am looking around for a place to take him to his first dentist visit (I know, bad mommy! He should have gone before now ). Well today, he comes running out of his room telling me one of his teeth moves!! Sure enough, he has a loose tooth right in front of the one that just grew in !! He's not real thrilled about it BTW! Never thought I needed to give the "tooth fairy talk" to my 4 year old .

Anyone out there have this happen to you, your child or any child you know at this young of an age?? Is it normal? I did come across one website that said the average age for a child to start loosing teeth is 6 to 7 but a year or two earlier may be normal for your child. Granted, he is as tall as a 5 or 6 year old but in mind and body he is 4!

if you have any.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tooth Fairy visit at age 4??!!

Relax. this is pretty normal. My son lost 4 teath by age 4 accidentally. 2 accidents actually like a month apart, and a couple more naturally.

My little girl is six and has lost 5 teeth at least over the course of the last 2 years.

You should pay attention to how the new teeth come in, and because they are larger, they may push other teeth out of the way. Our kid's dentist actuall pulled to of my little girl's teeth last year (she was 5) to make room for new front bottom teeth.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Believe it or not, but I was actually BORN with a tooth (according to the moms). It had not yet pierced the gums, but was just visible beneath the skin. The pediatrician that delivered me said that he had never seen this before (in 1967).

My kids' teeth "trends" are all over the place:

My oldest (almost 9) has already lost ten of her baby teeth beginning around age 5.

My middle child (almost 7) has just recently discovered his first loose tooth.

My youngest (almost 6) doesn't have any loose-tooth activity yet, whatsoever.

Weird-o-rama, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    Believe it or not, but I was actually BORN with a tooth (according to the moms). It had not yet pierced the gums, but was just visible beneath the skin. The pediatrician that delivered me said that he had never seen this before (in 1967).

Egg tooth? You don't have any feathers, do you?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

My son lost his bottom front teeth at age four.

He's seven now and he's lost eight teeth in all (four top, four bottom).

But don't worry about teeth. Supposedly these kids are going to hit puberty earlier than preceeding generations.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

ws1990reds

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie

My kids' teeth "trends" are all over the place:

My oldest (almost 9) has already lost ten of her baby teeth beginning around age 5.

My middle child (almost 7) has just recently discovered his first loose tooth.

My youngest (almost 6) doesn't have any loose-tooth activity yet, whatsoever.

Do you still have your teeth?

Quote Originally Posted by ws1990reds
    Do you still have your teeth?
    Sure. They just so happen to be at home on my nightstand... Hey...wait a minute. Was that a Kentucky "blast" or something?

Future Reds All Star

Thanks all!! Feeling better now

My oldest lost a tooth a four.. My wife brushes their teeth.. Anyhow, we didn't suspect anything was loose, until I saw him missing a tooth. I asked him what happened. He calmly said that one of his teeth fell out, so he threw it in the trash can At least he wasn't scared or stressed over it.

Future Reds All Star

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    My oldest lost a tooth a four.. My wife brushes their teeth.. Anyhow, we didn't suspect anything was loose, until I saw him missing a tooth. I asked him what happened. He calmly said that one of his teeth fell out, so he threw it in the trash can At least he wasn't scared or stressed over it.
    He is OK with it now that we have talked to him about it. Come to find out he pretty much knew all about the tooth fairy. Said he saw her on TV I think the fear part came because...well, brushing his teeth has always been a fight with him! I have told him for years now that he has to brush them or his teeth were going to fall out of his head! I know...good going mommy

i lost 6 teeth when i was 7 or 8...i lost my last baby tooth when i was 14.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Turn Off Ads?