Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question for Mods of the redzone site

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question for Mods of the redzone site

No disrespect here but how long do we non members have to show you guys that we are respected enough by you guys so that we can post on the main board.

Im just wondering??

Re: Question for Mods of the redzone site

wv check your private message

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman
    No disrespect here but how long do we non members have to show you guys that we are respected enough by you guys so that we can post on the main board.

Im just wondering??
    Hehehe, come on...enjoy and revel in the fun that is Minor League Baseball! The posters you see on here today could very well be the future stars of the Reds Chat board!

I think it's wrong to think of this whole thing as just "Make posts to prove I'm intelligent" just to go talk on the other board. The minor league board here is as fully functional as anything happening on the other side, same issues getting kicked around, same hatred of Danny Graves. Still a great place to talk Reds baseball.

Not to speak on behalf of the mods, but relax and enjoy things. You'll get a call up when you're ready...

...or when princeton or westofyou pulls a hammy legging out a grounder and gets put on the DL.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 05-04-2005 at 02:13 AM.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    Hehehe, come on...enjoy and revel in the fun that is Minor League Baseball! The posters you see on here today could very well be the future stars of the Reds Chat board!

I think it's wrong to think of this whole thing as just "Make posts to prove I'm intelligent" just to go talk on the other board. The minor league board here is as fully functional as anything happening on the other side, same issues getting kicked around, same hatred of Danny Graves. Still a great place to talk Reds baseball.

Not to speak on behalf of the mods, but relax and enjoy things. You'll get a call up when you're ready...

...or when princeton or westofyou pulls a hammy legging out a grounder and gets put on the DL.
    LMAO,bud I know what your saying and yes I will have fun in the minors b/c I'll have too.

They call me "chef"

How do we know the amount of points we have?

N/M just noticed they added it below your post count.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer
    How do we know the amount of points we have?

N/M just noticed they added it below your post count.
    Were it says Reputation at and I think theres clouds or something you click on as well under your name.

Were it says Reputation at and I think theres clouds or something you click on as well under your name.
    The icon is a little blurry, and does look a little like a cloud. Anyways, it's actually a scale, and will appear in the bottom left hand corner of one of your own posts. You can click on the scales icon in any of your posts to see what your reputation rating is for that particular post.

Your reputation rating will rise or fall depending on the quality of the posts you make. It's - supposedly - not a popularity contest, and as everyone gets over the "newness" of this system, I believe things will shake themselves out, the cream should rise to the top, the chaff... well, you know.

In the meantime, as you've already noticed, the Reds Live forum has the same functionality as the Reds Talk, or "Big Show," forum does, so there's no reason that you can't enjoy yourseves here.

A hint: I believe the new system was instituted to cut down on the number of "this player sucks" threads. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with "this player sucks," but it's better received if you have something to back your opinion up with... and no, "he's fat" isn't a good reason. Just talk baseball, have a good time, stay away from grinding axes and getting into member vs. member squabbles, and you'll find yourself with full forum access.

Act petulant, and you'll find yourself staying here. Not that it's a bad place to be, but realize that not everybody wants to see eighteen different threads on why Rich Aurilia walks like a duck or somesuch when they log in in the morning.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    Your reputation rating will rise or fall depending on the quality of the posts you make. It's - supposedly - not a popularity contest, and as everyone gets over the "newness" of this system, I believe things will shake themselves out, the cream should rise to the top, the chaff... well, you know.
    The only problem with that theroy is those of us who are more casual posters, who did little other than comment on occasion, will never progress very high.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75
    The only problem with that theroy is those of us who are more casual posters, who did little other than comment on occasion, will never progress very high.
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by 2844
    Amen.
    If that's the case, perhaps a change will be considered.

I think in Japan, young people tend to start "at the top" and if they mess up, their status drops. This always makes me sad when I see a 30 year old busboy over there. The owners of this site will no doubt adjust if there is something unfair for the not-often poster (like me).

Until then, try to hang in - the creme always rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75
    EXACTLY,I have posted atleast 15 times or so and have brung up some great things about the team.Yet im still 10!!

EXACTLY,I have posted atleast 15 times or so and have brung up some great things about the team.Yet im still 10!!
    The problem that us in CRT have is that we only can give out 5 points in 24 hours. Everytime I see a good post I want to give points but I can't... There have been a lot of good posts today and I've already used up all my points...
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    The problem that us in CRT have is that we only can give out 5 points in 24 hours. Everytime I see a good post I want to give points but I can't... There have been a lot of good posts today and I've already used up all my points...
    Ditto!

All of the people that "want" in the CRT forum will earn the points...it is just going to take some time.

Not Laughing

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    Same here, maybe we could tweak that GIK/Boss?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    ~Oscar Wilde

Turn Off Ads?