Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Question for Mods of the redzone site

Re: Question for Mods of the redzone site

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    Getting shafted? You've been here less than a month and I'd imagine nearly half of your posts have just been complaints about the way things are run here.

If the quality of posts was not a problem, we never would have made the move we did. Unfortunately, it was and overmoderation was definitely not the solution.
    Well the truth has finally come out from Big Boss!! Im one of the reasons why all of this happened .Im really glad you stood up and told the truth about this!! So in other words I will never get to go back to the main boards?? You forgot to mention why me and some other posters were complaining so much.It was b/c of your stupid changes to the board trying to get us to pay just to talk on the boards(remember)??

Now its time for me to tell the truth Bigg Boss I joined this site thinking I was going to be able to talk Reds baseball with other great fans.I have to be honest with you,,you and the rest that are Mods on here have done nothing but put us threw hell and treat us like dirt.Now that we won't pay you take off the main board and not let us post there anymore b/c we an't good enough for your board.Give be a break thats nothing but BS and you know it!!

I have never been on a site like yours thats so strict about your posters and not let them post what they want.You an't running a message board your running a prison more likely.Boss just tell me and the others that an't allowed to post on the main board if we are just wasting our time here and will not ever be able to post on the main board??

2. Turn Off Ads?

"You've been here less than a month and I'd imagine nearly half of your posts have just been complaints about the way things are run here."

It's like the old joke. Guy joins a monastary that has a vow of silence. You can only say 2 words a year. After first year Head Monk says "Anything to say?" Young Monk says "Food Bad"

After second year Head Monk says "Anything to say?" Young Monk says "Beds hard".

After third year Head Monk says "Anything to Say"? Young Monk says "I quit".

Head Monk says, "Doesn't suprise me, You've done nothing but complain ever since you got here".
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Im not saying nothing else HE took three points off me Its ashame to I was almost to 200.

Back to your cage WVPacman!!!!!!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman
    Well the truth has finally come out from Big Boss!! Im one of the reasons why all of this happened .Im really glad you stood up and told the truth about this!! So in other words I will never get to go back to the main boards?? You forgot to mention why me and some other posters were complaining so much.It was b/c of your stupid changes to the board trying to get us to pay just to talk on the boards(remember)??

Now its time for me to tell the truth Bigg Boss I joined this site thinking I was going to be able to talk Reds baseball with other great fans.I have to be honest with you,,you and the rest that are Mods on here have done nothing but put us threw hell and treat us like dirt.Now that we won't pay you take off the main board and not let us post there anymore b/c we an't good enough for your board.Give be a break thats nothing but BS and you know it!!

I have never been on a site like yours thats so strict about your posters and not let them post what they want.You an't running a message board your running a prison more likely.Boss just tell me and the others that an't allowed to post on the main board if we are just wasting our time here and will not ever be able to post on the main board??
    I just don't get this attitude.

This new "Reds Live" board is every bit as good as the old Reds Talk board that we all used to post on. There's good discussion on just about every major Reds topic, a great mix of the old guard from RedsZone and a lot of new people that I haven't seen post a ton in the time I've been here. You are getting to talk Reds baseball with fans...I mean, last I checked everyone around here were Reds fans!

And all of this is achieved without the truly draconian measures like post-limiting for people who weren't subscribers! I mean, you think this is bad...

Everyone treats the other Reds Chat board like it's Shangri-La or something like that. It's got great content, but it's got the same content as this board. There are discussions going on both ends, and both have an exponentially higher level of discourse than what you'll find on the ESPN boards or the MLB.com boards.

Like I said on the front page of this thread, I think people are missing the point. This new "reputation" system isn't supposed to be some kind of contest to see who can make it to the other board and leave this one behind. It's a way of keeping idiots and mindless trolls off a message board, as well as cutting down on repetitive discussion and stupid comments like "I hate X player." Over and over again.

And, compared to the post limit we all had for about 24 hours a few weeks back, this is a remarkably non-intrusive method of moderation!
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I did have a good attitude before Boss called me out!! When I wrote that I thought some of us was getting shafted I did'nt call out his or anybody elses name.Yet when I respond to his comments I get points taken away!! that an't right he is just as much at blame than I am.Yes I lost my temper but he had no right to call me out b/c I never called him out when I wrote my first post.

Its over with so im moving on!!

In the interests of trying to help you out (honestly), let me point out a recent thread:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...t=34207&page=1

The thread starter (GOOCH) has 22 posts. He joined in 2004. It's safe to say that virtually no one knows him from Adam. Why then has his rating been almost double his post count throughout today then?

He's a member of no "clique" or "group". I've never received a PM from the guy. He's never asked for rating points and I've never seen the guy complain about being able to post...or not...on any board. And I gave the guy positive points even though I didn't really agree with a conclusion or two from his thread-starting post there.

So why does his rating continue to go up?

Substance.

And why am I (a Star-Bellied Sneech I guess) posting here in the "minors" (an incorrect characterization)? Because it isn't the "minors". It's just a different board on this website. And if there's substance, I like reading it and responding to it regardless of who's writing what where. I sure as heck don't feel like I'm "slumming". Heck, I'm reading heads-ups on things like potential trades and good analysis and commentary on this board.

And GOOCH's rating keeps going up and it'll eventually take him to where you want to be while you're here complaining about where you're not.

C'mon, man. Think. Substance= Contribution. Contribution= Reputation. Add substance. Increase positive contribution (you can do that by critiquing the team or a player, BTW). Build reputation.

If you're not getting positive points for what you're writing, that's not an attack on your person. That's a commentary on your content- a critique if you will. If you post substance (stats or no stats...just good well-reasoned thoughts) and forget about where you're not, you'll get to where you want to be soon enough.

If what you're doing ain't working, change what you're doing.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

very well said, Steel.

The whining about the board and the board rules is pretty boring. I mean get over it and post what you believe and people will either like it or they won't. I'm not gonna whine because of my rep points and I'm not gonna suck up for points.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I'll try harder guys!!!
    Last edited by WVPacman; 05-05-2005 at 02:38 AM.

If you have a problem with me, you can send me a private message about it instead of flooding the forum with ~5 messages about the exact same thing.

I've been to many many Non Cardinal team forums in the past such as some Astros boards (watched as a civil war broke out and the board split), Cubs (been banned 3 times for doing absolutely nothing), Diamondbacks, Giants, and several others. The mods at this board have been some of the more professional mods that I've seen. This board has grown a lot (too much actually), and has been a great place to talk baseball. I don't understand what Boss or any other mod has done that's so wrong. I just don' see it. Like they say... you can't make everybody happy, but I think the new format for Redszone will make most of the members happy.
    Last edited by MattyHo4Life; 05-05-2005 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    In the interests of trying to help you out (honestly), let me point out a recent thread:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...t=34207&page=1

The thread starter (GOOCH) has 22 posts. He joined in 2004. It's safe to say that virtually no one knows him from Adam. Why then has his rating been almost double his post count throughout today then?

He's a member of no "clique" or "group". I've never received a PM from the guy. He's never asked for rating points and I've never seen the guy complain about being able to post...or not...on any board. And I gave the guy positive points even though I didn't really agree with a conclusion or two from his thread-starting post there.

So why does his rating continue to go up?

Substance.

And why am I (a Star-Bellied Sneech I guess) posting here in the "minors" (an incorrect characterization)? Because it isn't the "minors". It's just a different board on this website. And if there's substance, I like reading it and responding to it regardless of who's writing what where. I sure as heck don't feel like I'm "slumming". Heck, I'm reading heads-ups on things like potential trades and good analysis and commentary on this board.

And GOOCH's rating keeps going up and it'll eventually take him to where you want to be while you're here complaining about where you're not.

C'mon, man. Think. Substance= Contribution. Contribution= Reputation. Add substance. Increase positive contribution (you can do that by critiquing the team or a player, BTW). Build reputation.

If you're not getting positive points for what you're writing, that's not an attack on your person. That's a commentary on your content- a critique if you will. If you post substance (stats or no stats...just good well-reasoned thoughts) and forget about where you're not, you'll get to where you want to be soon enough.

If what you're doing ain't working, change what you're doing.
    BTW, GOOCH (IIRC) and MattyMo are Cards fans. AND as of right now MattyMo has 192 points. So even rival fans coming on this board can get rep points by posting quality material.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

I did have a good attitude before Boss called me out!! When I wrote that I thought some of us was getting shafted I did'nt call out his or anybody elses name.Yet when I respond to his comments I get points taken away!! that an't right he is just as much at blame than I am.Yes I lost my temper but he had no right to call me out b/c I never called him out when I wrote my first post.

Its over with so im moving on!!
    You should because before long, your name will be equated to a pain in the butt and a whiner. If I were you, I would do more contributing and less whining about the policy. You know its the best Reds discussion site out there, make the most of it. As you can see, there is plenty of CRT members reading your posts so your comment about talking to "great reds fans" (which I can only assume you believe the Live boardisnt?) is still holding true.

I have missed a few days posting due to the fact that I started building a house a couple of weeks ago. I came to the site yesterday and was all ready to post and of course couldn't. For awhile I was a little ill about it since I have read this site almost every day for 2 years and to be honest thought that a select few were wanting to rid themselves of occassional posters like me. Then I saw this thread and well...I totally get it. Not to mention any names or anything but I guess now I see why you went to this new system. I'm not going to say that I like it because I probably won't be on the big board for at least a year, but I understand.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Storm

Has anyone noticed that Reds Live is busier than CRT?

Why would anyone want to move up when all the action is here?

Turn Off Ads?