Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Question for Mods of the redzone site

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Re: Question for Mods of the redzone site

Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    Has anyone noticed that Reds Live is busier than CRT?

Why would anyone want to move up when all the action is here?
    I agree there is alot more action here. Busier wasnt the goal for the CRT board though...it was less meaningless chatter.

I think both boards have been MUCH better in regards to this though. Bravo to everyone. Especially the posters who came out of the woodwork to start posting.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr
    I have missed a few days posting due to the fact that I started building a house a couple of weeks ago. I came to the site yesterday and was all ready to post and of course couldn't. For awhile I was a little ill about it since I have read this site almost every day for 2 years and to be honest thought that a select few were wanting to rid themselves of occassional posters like me. Then I saw this thread and well...I totally get it. Not to mention any names or anything but I guess now I see why you went to this new system. I'm not going to say that I like it because I probably won't be on the big board for at least a year, but I understand.
    You will wait a year to be on the big board?

"one day I will be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    You will wait a year to be on the big board?

"one day I will be cool"
    Everyone, please feel free to use this post as an example of the type of behavior we do not want on the boards.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Hence the rep... I tend to think he would rather have some psuedo gang war between CRT and Live but his "gang" is but 1 member.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    Everyone, please feel free to use this post as an example of the type of behavior we do not want on the boards.
    Yeah, but you know if he changed his name to "Jason Romano", you'd have to call him up to the big-league boards, regardless of his bad attitude or poor fundamentals...
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Yo Caveat - Tulane is now Number 1!

Go Wave!!
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    Yo Caveat - Tulane is now Number 1!

Go Wave!!
    They've always been #1, word is now just getting out that it should be printed more often.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

E=Mc(squared)......that's intelligent, GIMME POINTS!

Quote Originally Posted by fisch11
    E=Mc(squared)......that's intelligent, GIMME POINTS!
    Can you prove that in a new and refreshing way?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman
    I did have a good attitude before Boss called me out!! When I wrote that I thought some of us was getting shafted
    I'm getting shafted, too. We're already a few days into this new system and I don't have 200 points yet!

This system sucks!

Aaah, look, we can complain about this system all day and all night, but it gets us nowhere. It is what it is. If you don't like the way this board is run, you can start your own Reds message board. That's the beauty of this wonderful country.

My advice to those who are not happy with the new system is what I said in another thread:

I'm just going to keep posting, keep blogging at Redleg Nation, and keep enjoying the Reds as much as I can right now. Eventually, I hope I'll get called up to the majors, but I'm not going to stress about it. The minor league board has been pretty good, IMO.

Just my two cents.
    Chad D
    Redleg Nation: A Cincinnati Reds Blog, Fan Community, and Therapy Group

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    OK. ZOG, your post is an example of the type of behavior we do not want on the boards.

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegNation
    I'm getting shafted, too. We're already a few days into this new system and I don't have 200 points yet!

This system sucks!

At work today, I was wondering if any exemptions were considered for posters such as Marc Lancaster. People who would have quality content to post but don't post here very often and therefore will never build up the rep to post on CRT.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2
    At work today, I was wondering if any exemptions were considered for posters such as Marc Lancaster. People who would have quality content to post but don't post here very often and therefore will never build up the rep to post on CRT.
    I've wondered about that too. Maybe a "press pass" could be considered.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    I've wondered about that too. Maybe a "press pass" could be considered.
    Something like that is what I was thinking. I wouldn't think it would be playing favorites to have some leeway given in extreme circumstances.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

I don't think it would be playing favorites either. It would be a simple case of special circumstances since he's a member of the press and I don't think that very many people would have a problem with it.

Turn Off Ads?