Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: House Of Wax (movie)

Re: House Of Wax (movie)

I dunno if any of you have seen the "series" that MTV has recently aired regarding the making of the House of Wax movie. It basically follows the four main actors around the set during production, etc...A real fluff piece.

Anyway, I caught about two minutes of this the other night and I could not believe what a low-rent diva that Chad Michael Murray comes off as...You should have heard him barking at PA's, cussing out the director...I mean acting like a COMPLETE little Bee-yotch! To my knowledge, I have only seen him in one other movie (small role in the Freaky Friday remake).

I have no earthly idea where some of these idiot actors get such a feeling of entitlement...
    Last edited by Blimpie; 05-04-2005 at 03:47 PM.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    Chad Michael Murray
    Yeah, see... I couldn't even tell you who this is.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    Yeah, see... I couldn't even tell you who this is.
    Me neither before the other night. I just got his name from the movie website...hopefully, one of the RZ members living in CA can find him and deliver a "beat down."

Oops. I seem to have facilitated this by accidentally posting his picture:

Last edited by Blimpie; 05-04-2005 at 03:55 PM.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    Romero is hella-swank. I'm so (italicized for emphasis) glad, now, that he didn't end up directing Resident Evil. Insofar as the new film goes... it's not highly-budgeted if I remember correctly, but George does good work on a shoestring.

Ever see Martin?
    I have never seen Martin which is a crime considering how much I like Romero's other work. The budget is pretty small for "Land" if I remember right, somewhere around 20 millionish? Still compared to what he had to work with in the prvious zombie films I think he should be able to pull off some great stuff with that kind of budget. Add to that the fact that they filmed in Canada so we got the conversion rate on the Canadian dollar and I think they were able to comfortably make the film he wanted to make. Hopefully the MPAA won't make him slash it to death for the big screen.

Yeah Rosie, I'm really excited that they moved up the release date, I was going crazy thinking I would have to wait until October.

Next RedsZone outing: Me Rosie and Zombie on June 24th to catch the matinee showing of Land of the Dead, who else is in? lol

Is that Paris with ... stuff ... uh.... dripping? :ughmamoru
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

Is that Paris with ... stuff ... uh.... dripping?
    It *might* be wax.

Then again...
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

http://www.themoviespoiler.com/Spoilers/houseofwax.html

The spoiler, so you don't have to see it
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    It *might* be wax.

Then again...
    That's a possiblitiy.
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

I apologize, the site I meant to reference before is www.bloody-disgusting.com
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    I apologize, the site I meant to reference before is www.bloody-disgusting.com
    yeah that's a great site Sava, part of my daily surfing along with good old RZ.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    http://www.themoviespoiler.com/Spoilers/houseofwax.html

The spoiler, so you don't have to see it
    They have a spoiler for "Passion of the Christ."

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Allred
    They have a spoiler for "Passion of the Christ."
    Yeah, but the beauty of that movie is that even though the main character dies, there is still a sequel opportunity!

(we need a smiley for "blasphemey")
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Well, I went to see this the other night. I was expecting something along the teen-horror forumla of the late 90s - one of those "knowingly self-aware" films that can only be called horror because of the gore. It wasn't that, but it wasn't particularly scary, either. The storyline was weak, and there wasn't very much gore, either. However, the set-piece finale at the end of the film was pretty wicked.

The ending alone doesn't justify the nine dollar ticket, though. In retrospect, I should have seen Kingdom of Heaven... the film wasn't particularly good or particularly bad, it was just there. I can't really recommend this film to anyone.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Turn Off Ads?