Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The new system makes it hard to discuss baseball

Threaded View

The new system makes it hard to discuss baseball

After just a couple of days, I've noticed that the new "Majors/Minors" system makes it very difficult to discuss topics. We've got multiple threads on both boards dealing with the same subject, and there is a lot of redundancy between the forums.

If you want to read all the available opinions on one subject, you've got to visit both forums and read through multiple posts. If someone makes a point in the Baseball Talk forum that I want to address, I have to bring it back here to discuss it. And I'm sure there are a lot of great points on the Reds Live side that are not being seen by the Baseball Talk people. That is, unless the Baseball Talk folks are visiting here every day and reading all the posts, which makes the Baseball Talk forum somewhat obsolete.

And I don't think the job is any easier for the Baseball Talk posters. They're going to have to sift through all kinds of posts on this side to dole out Reputation points.

I know the Mods had good reasons for implementing the new system, and I respect those reasons. But I think it has basically doubled the amount of "chatter" and made it more difficult to discuss baseball.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 05-04-2005 at 10:01 AM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?