Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The new system makes it hard to discuss baseball

Re: The new system makes it hard to discuss baseball

I'm with you Santo, I've noticed that I've stopped even visiting the other forum... why read it if I can't respond... Not like I have that much to say... but still.

I will admit, since the split I've posted more per day than usual... so who know.. I do expect this time next month or 2 to still be sitting at a 10, because... I just don't contribute that much very often.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    ws1990reds

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    I like it... more variety and more topics to discuss. more posters are posting in my opinion and that only bodes well. Through time, the quality folks will be noticed who wouldnt have been noticed before.
    I'm really like this, too!

It's going to take some getting used to in that I have to adjust my reading routine, but I will.

I've observed benefits:

Less bickering.

More old posters posting again.

Lurkers and newcomers feeling more comfortable and posting more.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    How about some filters, make some different forums, Trade Talk, He Sucks, No He Doesn't Suck, History, Politcs, weird stuff etc...
    I've always wondered why this board isn't divided into topics. Trade Ideas, Minor Leagues, Letting Off Steam, etc. It seems so logical that I always assumed there was some technical reason it couldn't be done.

Quote Originally Posted by tsj017
    My solution: Just stick to the Reds Live board and let the inner circle play in their own sandbox.
    Well, I see my "reputation" has dropped from 17 to 11 since posting the comment above.

Further evidence of the clique that is the RedsZone inner circle. Which, of course, is what this "major/minor league" split is all about. All message boards are dominated by a clique to some degree, but this one takes it to a new level.

Geez, that'll probably get me into negative numbers. Say nothing to disturb the chosen few, or be labeled a disreputable troll! Be careful what you say; they're watching you!

Again, I'll just stick to the cheap seats of Reds Live and not worry about the swells down there in the Diamond Seats.

Quote Originally Posted by tsj017
    Well, I see my "reputation" has dropped from 17 to 11 since posting the comment above.

Further evidence of the clique that is the RedsZone inner circle. Which, of course, is what this "major/minor league" split is all about. All message boards are dominated by a clique to some degree, but this one takes it to a new level.

Geez, that'll probably get me into negative numbers. Say nothing to disturb the chosen few, or be labeled a disreputable troll! Be careful what you say; they're watching you!

Again, I'll just stick to the cheap seats of Reds Live and not worry about the swells down there in the Diamond Seats.

With every rude post you make toward the group voting for you how do you expect them to react? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz
    I've always wondered why this board isn't divided into topics. Trade Ideas, Minor Leagues, Letting Off Steam, etc. It seems so logical that I always assumed there was some technical reason it couldn't be done.
    From what I understand it is likely to happen sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    From what I understand it is likely to happen sooner than later.
    Good to hear..it's been needed for awhile, all baseball talk in one (now 2) places makes for a big jumble
    Go Gators!

I don't understand why everyone was just made equal? Let the mods take out the trash when necessary. Delete/banning those that deserve it. This seems to be much less work than this ranking stuff. Most boards, the mods are there to do a job, just do it. Instead of creating inequalities, just take care of the problems

BTW, I highly doubt many people get enough points to "move up." First off, I doubt those "elite" care that much to grade others and it seems their power to do so is very limited. This is the only board I have seen set up like this, very silly if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    Is it just me, or do others find the minor league board just as, if not more, interesting than the major league board?
    I agree with your inference.

I find it more interesting and refreshing, these new posters I have not read nearly as much as the habitual posters on the old web page and do not know what to expect from them, so they are keeping my reading very interesting, doesn't seem like old reruns for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bucknutdet
    BTW, I highly doubt many people get enough points to "move up." First off, I doubt those "elite" care that much to grade others and it seems their power to do so is very limited. This is the only board I have seen set up like this, very silly if you ask me.
    It has been 2 days, not to sound like Graves here, but give us some slack!

People are also forgetting the other way to have gotten into the "other" forum was to have at some point donated or "subscribed" to the forum. $3.00 would have gotten you in there.

Until today I was completely up in the air as to "if" it was a good idea to do it this way, as today progresses I can totally see a difference in all the forums here.

I take real offense to the bolded part of your post I quoted. I "fought" for and think the owners here listened to my (as well as others) disagreement with the first attempt to create better posts here. This has nothing to do with anyone being "Elite". Many of us are trying to get people in that forum that we believe will contribute to the discussions without flaming.

Posts like these just make me shy away from voting for someone. If you act like this in here then how are you going to act in there if someone disagrees with you? There is a better way to state your disagreement with the new procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey

Lurkers and newcomers feeling more comfortable and posting more.
    Excellent point TC and as you know it is important to the long-term growth of Redszone and its longevity. I am sure that some as within any social group or social interaction might have been intimidated a bit, hopefully now they will feel comfortable.

I agree 100%, I wish the split never happened.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

The overall improvement in the quality of posts and the fact that some of our original, core members have returned certainly hasn't gone unnoticed by me.

TeamDunn, you seem to offend pretty easily. I am simply giving my take on this forum. So what if it is different than what you believe. If were all in agreement on a forum, than what's the freakin' point of having one.

I take real offense to the bolded part of your post I quoted. I "fought" for and think the owners here listened to my (as well as others) disagreement with the first attempt to create better posts here. This has nothing to do with anyone being "Elite".

It seems to me as if this is about the longtimers not wanting to be bothered by newcomers or those they don't like. Yeah, I bet that will help the quality of posts, you have your group and don't have to read anything else.

Posts like these just make me shy away from voting for someone. If you act like this in here then how are you going to act in there if someone disagrees with you? There is a better way to state your disagreement with the new procedure.

This statement just proves the fact, some people in the "elite" board do not want to hear anything that is contrary to your opinon, or at least you don't. I don't know how you can conclude how I will post in a disagreement, when you are the person who is offended. Tell me, how did I act?? I did nothing inflamatory, derogatory, nor cussed. I merely stated my opinion. That IS what internet forums exist for, the exchange of ideas. You were offened by that? Well sorry for stating my opinion in a civilized manner. That is what I did here, is that allowed? Please explain to me the "better way to state my disagreement"? What am I not supposed to type it? I have not attacked you in anyway merely stated a division, by which you were offended. I will not apoligize to you for that in any way.

Turn Off Ads?