Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The new system makes it hard to discuss baseball

Re: The new system makes it hard to discuss baseball

Quote Originally Posted by TeamDunn
    With every rude post you make toward the group voting for you how do you expect them to react? Seriously?
    I love the voters. I encourage them to react positively toward me.

Extremely positively.

Go ahead. You know you want to.
    Chad D
    Redleg Nation: A Cincinnati Reds Blog, Fan Community, and Therapy Group

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegNation
    I love the voters. I encourage them to react positively toward me.

Extremely positively.

Go ahead. You know you want to.
    Flattery will get you everywhere.

I think the spilt was a good descision, i JUST HOPE i GET CALLED UP TO THE BIGS SOON! VOTE FOR ME CAUGH CAUGH! No but seriously, I think they made the right decision by doing the split, I was really getting tired of all those stupid threads about such petty things, I mean if Miley sneezed people started a thread saying Miley sneezed fire him! I bet most that disagree with the spilt were the reason why the spilt was made.

Quote Originally Posted by bucknutdet
    This statement just proves the fact, some people in the "elite" board do not want to hear anything that is contrary to your opinon, or at least you don't.
    Have you ever read the "elite" board? If you have, then you'll know that posters disagree all the time. Afterall, that's why people post on a message board. It would be very boring if everybody agreed. This split has nothing to do with people disagreeing with anybody. It has to do with the quality of posts in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamDunn
    Until today I was completely up in the air as to "if" it was a good idea to do it this way, as today progresses I can totally see a difference in all the forums here.
    I was up in the air to the idea as well, but TC and MWM made some really good points about the need for the split. You are right, there is a huge difference in the forums now. It's a lot better atmosphere here than it's been lately.

Why then was Team Dunn so offended by me disagreeing. I did nothing personal or derogatory. In order to get moved up, you have to be in agreement with certian opinions. My reply to him was quality, his "I'm offended" post was BS.

Why then was Team Dunn so offended by me disagreeing. I did nothing personal or derogatory. In order to get moved up, you have to be in agreement with certian opinions. My reply to him was quality, his "I'm offended" post was BS.
    I doubt those "elite" care that much to grade others

I can't speak for TD, but this statement could be viewed as a personal attack on certain posters.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    Flattery will get you everywhere.
    That's the idea.
    Chad D
    Redleg Nation: A Cincinnati Reds Blog, Fan Community, and Therapy Group

MattyMO- that may be the case for that post, but did you read the original reply? How am I supposed to disagree? I used no profanity, and made no personal attack. The reply was that someone was offended b/c I thought a certain way (not in agreement with them) and this would give cause to "shy away from voting for someone" then I was accused of acting a certain way? How did I "act"? I stated my opinion and stated there was a division the have rights group (elite) and the not. Simply stated. But then accused of acting poorly. Thats BS. Thus the point, someone doesn't like your stance, you get voted down or passed over. I am not going to kiss butt, instead I'll hold my opinions and state them appropriately. If those in power (the "elite) don't like them then I guess I'll be relegated to the minor leagues. I have in no way flamed the board, but made some valid points regarding my opinion.

Please vote for me because I liked being able to post on the CRT forum and now I cannot. I have posted occasionally on this board from its inception and on other Cincinnati boards that preceded Redszone and would like to be free to post on any forum. I never abused any rules or posters, I just don't feel comfortable posting frequently.
    Even though I will never be a significant part of this community, I would like to travel freely within it. I hope you can understand my perspective.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

nm

All I know is that my reputation level says I am a 34 year old AA player with no real upside/talent. Given the fact this is a Cincinnati Reds forum, shouldn't I be in the bullpen for the major league team?

Seriously however, I like the new layout its very much like an Ohio State message board I pretty much live at. They do however incorporate WOY's idea and channel the noise into many small buckets and quite honestly it just rocks. The reputation feature was once new there as well and now its a well engrained part of the culture. All in all if this board takes the few baby steps it has left in the evolutionary process to that board it will be 100% better.

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

MattyMO- that may be the case for that post, but did you read the original reply? How am I supposed to disagree? I used no profanity, and made no personal attack. The reply was that someone was offended b/c I thought a certain way (not in agreement with them) and this would give cause to "shy away from voting for someone" then I was accused of acting a certain way? How did I "act"? I stated my opinion and stated there was a division the have rights group (elite) and the not. Simply stated. But then accused of acting poorly. Thats BS. Thus the point, someone doesn't like your stance, you get voted down or passed over. I am not going to kiss butt, instead I'll hold my opinions and state them appropriately. If those in power (the "elite) don't like them then I guess I'll be relegated to the minor leagues. I have in no way flamed the board, but made some valid points regarding my opinion.
    Amazing, you keep on using the word "elite" and expect some understanding... I just how to react to your rant...
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 15-11
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

BTW, I highly doubt many people get enough points to "move up." First off, I doubt those "elite" care that much to grade others and it seems their power to do so is very limited. This is the only board I have seen set up like this, very silly if you ask me.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I've used all my votes the past two days, and I've been reading the board quite a bit more. Just tossing my opinion out there, but I think the quality of the board has already done a 180.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

Elite is a term, it represents those that "have". How hard is that? Now, how in my original post was I disagreebly disagreeing? If you guys have your boxers in a bunch over the term elite I am amazed, it is not as though I were calling you a liberal (joking) It is simply a term, and I am being raked for using it. No personal attacks have occured, while the substance of my questions have gone unanswered.

And yes, this is now officially a rant. And for that I apologize, but my original point to TD's reply is still a valid one. That being, If one of the big guys, the people with access, the rating board, or what ever non-offensive term you want to use, happen not to agree with someone's opinion than that person would be marked down or looked upon unfavorably in this system. That is all.

Turn Off Ads?