Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Merged: Best/Worst Ballparks -- Rank Your Ballparks

Merged: Best/Worst Ballparks -- Rank Your Ballparks

Leaving out GAB due to assumed homer bias, what are your fav top 3 parks? I figured not focussing on the losing in one thread might not be a bad thing.

1- SAFECO in Seattle, awesome place to see a game, allows you to see from everywhere and lots of areas to get very close with players, also a great park for families for families

2 - Wrigley - Chicago just a personal fav

3 - SBC in San Fran both SBC and SAFECO replaced two of the worse places to ever see a game the Kingdome and Candlestick SAFECO seemed a bit more family friendly so I gave it the edge but if I was not with the family SBC might get the nod - new ballparks that got it right (new Comisky a ballpark that got it wrong)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Glenn Braggs

Re: Stadiums - any favs? Top 3

Talking about present stadiums:

1) PNC Park (Pittsburgh)
    2) Fenway Park (Boston)
    3) Dodger Stadium (LA)

Honorable mention: Bank One Ballpark in Phoenix (my first game ever), Coors Field and Comerica Park

seeing as I have only been to three currently in use
    1) Coors
    2) GABP
    3) Kauffman

I've only been to two currently in use: Coors and Kauffman. I hope to get to GABP this summer.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I have been to Wrigley a few times and really enjoyed it up there. I really like Kauffman too. I made a game there a couple years back. I didn't care much for Miller Park when I went there once. The renovation at Busch is nice, but it's still a big bowl. I guess my favorites that I've been too would have to be Wrigley and Kauffman with honorable mention to Tiger Stadium. I've always had a fondness for the old ones. That place was dirty, but there was something about it.

Including GAB, I've only been to five current stadia.

1) PacBell Park - great setting

2) Oriole Park at Camden Yards - the new "original"

3) Fenway Park - tremendous atmosphere
    I'm not a hooligan. I'm a Reds supporter.

Hooray Beer!

WHOOOOOO!

I would have to say:
    1. The Artist Formerly Known as Pac Bell- Unbelievable to look at the Bay all day
    2. Wrigley- The atmosphere is unreal. It is not just a game, it's a happening.
    3. GABP- There is just something about our quaint little park that hits the spot.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Oh, I forgot about Coors. I lived out there for a few months and I went to a couple games there. It was nice, but I don't know if it makes my all time favorites list. There are a few that I haven't been to that I would like to see as well: Fenway and PNC being a couple of them.

1) Wrigley Field- Despite the fans

2) Yankee Stadium- Just because the history

3) PNC Park- Haven't been there, but have heard good things about it

(I like GABP too)

1. Yankee
    2. PacBell
    3. Wrigley

Just to walk into Yankee stadium and feel the history is amazing, look out to monument park and just think of the things that have happened and the people who have played on that field. A bit surreal.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

1) Camden Yards - Just a fun atmosphere, helped that phillies were in town

2)Ball park at Arlington - Just an impressive place from the outside and in.

3) Riverfront - getting to see the 1990 WS makes it an all time fave

1) Fenway, atmosphere counts

2) Yankee Stadium, like being in the Roman Colliseum

3) Pac Bell, or whatever it's being called these days, it turned San Francisco into a baseball town

3a) Camden Yards, better now that it's no longer hip

I haven't been to PNC, so it didn't make my list, but it looks spectacular on television.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

1. Camden Yards - Good stadium, very nice location.
    2. Yankee Stadium
    3. Jacobs Field - Definite highlight of my visit there was when a slightly intoxicated, slightly overweight middle-aged woman weighing a slightly smaller shirt than she should have been threatened to punch my buddy in his face b/c he was laughing as she was having trouble climbing over seats

Honorable mention: The Vet! (R.I.P)

I've been to five current parks and my top three are ...

1. PNC Park - Great location. Great view. Great accessibility. Great $$ value.
    2. Coors - Great view of the Rocky Mountains. Great accessibility. Very good $$ value.
    3. Camden - Awesome location (inner harbor of downtown Baltimore). Great configuration. Average $$ value.

Honorable mention: GABP, Memorial Stadium, The Vet, Fenway, Skydome

BTW - I've been to GABP and wouldn't put it above any of the above.

Parks that I'd like to visit ...

1. Wrigley
    2. PacBell
    3. Jacobs
    4. Safeco
    5. Ballpark at Arlington
    Last edited by HotCorner; 05-04-2005 at 02:41 PM.

Go Redlegs!!!!

I like how in San Diego, for 5 bucks, you can bring a picnic basket and go sit in the lawn beyond the OF. Nice touch.

I Like in Wrigley how you always see the young guys, sitting on their rooftops drinking beer, watching the Cubs game. Nice touch.

I like the swimming pool in the OF in Arizona. Nice touch.

The waterfall in KC is pretty cool too.

GABP? Dunno... the "tallstacks" are cool, I guess. I'm one of those people that thinks the best place they could have put GABP was right where Hughes High School is now. Tear that thing down, take all the junior thugs with you, replace it with GABP and BOOM, instant growth centered around a college environment. Bars and restaurants everywhere. Growth growth growth.

Instead... I swear watching the game last night, I could actualy hear individual conversations from the fans. I could actually hear the air. There were what? 30 people at the game last night. For the Cards? Yeah... nice location. Really shows off our dingy river and abandoned downtown.
    Last edited by Little Alex; 05-04-2005 at 02:43 PM.

Turn Off Ads?