Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Merged: Best/Worst Ballparks -- Rank Your Ballparks

Re: Stadiums - any favs? Top 3

Of the parks I've been to:

1. Coors Field - awesome setting in a great downtown neighborhood; crisp, cool mountain air; mountain scene with waterfall in outfield; rockpile seats; Coors products on draft

2. Yankee Stadium - you can almost feel the ghosts when you walk inside

3. Wrigley Field - would be No. 1 if it wasn't for the unbelievably obnoxious team/fans that call it home

4. PNC Park - what GABP could have been

5. (tie) old Tiger Stadium - the outfield upperdeck overhang was a great feature

5. (tie) old Riverfront Stadium - a lot of history for a 30-year-old park. And home runs there just seemed to look a lot better than at other parks

5. (tie) Dodger Stadium - an ideal baseball setting

Bottom 3

1. Comerica Park - it's really boring there, not much to do around the park

2. Fulton County Stadium - a really bad version of Riverfront

3. GABP - Sorry, but it just seems like it could have been a lot better. That big, black box in center field is atrocious; nothing to do outside the park in the surrounding neighborhood; huge corporate logo of Great American Insurance on the scoreboard (unlike other new parks that all have the team logos)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well I have been to (current) GABP,Wrigley,Comiskey,Miller Park,Fenway,Yankee Stadium, Comerica Park, and Skydome.

My favorites would probably be

1) Miller

2)GABP

3) Skydome

I like GABP and The Ballpark in Arlington is pretty nice, it's a huge structure. Yankee Stadium is a bit rundown, but hey a lot of history in the house that Ruth built. Shea is all that great.
    For purposes here and the parks i've been to
    1. Yankee
    2. Ballpark in Arlington
    3. Great American (but I really like it)

University of Cincinnati

Rank Your Ballparks

Who has the best? The worst? Compile a list.........
    THE University of Cincinnati

Re: Rank Your Ballparks

I've been to PNC, Gab, Jacobs, Slugger Field, and Wrigley. PNC by my view is the best. And I like them all a little better than GAB. And that doesn't mean GAB is a bad park, I've just been to some great one's.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

University of Cincinnati

Out of the ones i've been too ill rank them like so:

1) PNC Park
    2) Citizens Bank Park
    3) Safeco Field
    4) Camden Yards
    5) Fenway Park
    6) Wrigley Field
    7) Yankee Stadium
    8) Jacobs Field
    9) Miller Park
    10) Comerica Park
    11) Great American Ballpark
    12) Cinergy Field (reconstructed)
    13) Tropicana Field
    14) Cinergy Field

my 5-7 were pretty hard to vote in order b/c they are so historic, those 3 were all amazing ive come to realize its hard to rank historic parks to the new ones.......Great American Ranks as low as it does b/c i believe the Reds could have done alot better however i know its not 100% complete so they could move up pending on how it finishes up
    Last edited by beb30; 05-22-2005 at 02:27 PM.

the jake and camden are the best of the new era parks

Quote Originally Posted by beb30
    Out of the ones i've been too ill rank them like so:

1) PNC Park
    2) Citizens Bank Park
    3) Safeco Field
    4) Camden Yards
    5) Fenway Park
    6) Wrigley Field
    7) Yankee Stadium
    8) Jacobs Field
    9) Miller Park
    10) Comerica Park
    11) Great American Ballpark
    12) Cinergy Field (reconstructed)
    13) Tropicana Field
    14) Cinergy Field

my 5-7 were pretty hard to vote in order b/c they are so historic, those 3 were all amazing ive come to realize its hard to rank historic parks to the new ones.......Great American Ranks as low as it does b/c i believe the Reds could have done alot better however i know its not 100% complete so they could move up pending on how it finishes up
    You like Citizen's Bank Park that much? I sort of feel the same way about it as you fel about GABP, it's nice, a definite upgrade over the previous stadium (although the Vet had its own particular charm), but it just could have been better. My problem is just the fact that there just isn't much to do around the ballpark, unlike Camden Yards, which has the Inner Harbor a couple blocks away. Although, admittedly, the location of CBP was the most logical place for it, and there is enough free parking around and easy entrance to the freeway. But still, the area is just missing something. Plus, there just isn't anything in the ballpark that sets it apart from other stadiums, a must see while you are at the park. Personally, I would lump it together with Jacobs Field and GABP, and behind Camden Yards.

University of Cincinnati

I dont know i really liked the view of the city for CBP. CBP like many other ballparks actually looked like they knew what they were doing such as the statues actually looking nice and placed well, lots of banners and things. There were was a place out in center field that was like a balcony which u could overlook the whole stadium. It also had a Mcfaddens there as well as the exp just seemed more than a baseball game it was more like an event to hang out at.......GABP our statues look fake, are placed in the middle of grass, everything looks unorganized and isnt that great of an attraction....not much to do.

of the new ones, gabp is the worst. and i dont think its close. they did a horrible job on it

Quote Originally Posted by RDriesen16
    of the new ones, gabp is the worst. and i dont think its close. they did a horrible job on it
    I have heard lots of folks say this, but why do you think so? The only thing I really dislike is the black thingy in center.

The Kingdome always got a bad rap (well, it deserved it) BUT they always had the best hotdog sauce on the Earth. It was this mustard/relish/mayo thingy that was tremendous, or at least it tasted good to this 12 year old kid.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

regarding GABP...

Ill go out and say it... the "power stacks" are stupid. If they wanted something that looked like riverboat smokestacks and a wheel...they failed. And the bats on top of the stacks looks little league.

Its a fine park on the playing surface (as is usual in any big league park) but everything else, inlcuding the ushers is bush league imho.

Yeah everyone says they hate GAP but i've never heard many good reason. I like the place. It's not as flashy as Comercia or some of the other newer stadiums but i like the it looks from the inside. Granted my list of visited Stadiums isn't very long, Cinergy, GAP. Busch, Camden, and Arlington, but i don't think its a bad stadium. Explain what exactly is wrong with it? enlighten an ignorant one haha

When taking in Great American Ballpark I dont think you can just go to a game and thats it. Come to the games a few hours early and walk around the stadium, Read the quotes and look at the large newspaper's from major dates, check out the statues at the front gate. If you do all that then Great American Ballpark is really nice. Now for me what puts Great American at the top is if you take in EVERY part of the "complex". Make it a whole day. Spend hours in the hall of fame and then go over to the field. When talking about just the ballpark in general then PNC is the winner. But when taking in the whole baseball experience, The Reds Hall of Fame puts Great American Ballpark at the top of my list.

Turn Off Ads?