Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Results 181 to 186 of 186

Thread: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

  1. #181
    Member schroomytunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    wilmington n.c.
    Posts
    957

    Re: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

    agreed. Lopez and Freel must play everyday. The Aurilia experiment is over, also Kearns better start hitting or I'm starting Cruz over him. When does Wily come back?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #182
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,111

    Re: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

    Thank you Felipe and Adam for salvaging a small measure of respect from the debacle of the last three days.

  4. #183
    Member Reds/Flyers Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati USA
    Posts
    3,381

    Re: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

    Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes
    agreed. Lopez and Freel must play everyday. The Aurilia experiment is over, also Kearns better start hitting or I'm starting Cruz over him. When does Wily come back?
    Maybe not Cruz but DEFINITELY Wily Mo Pena. Why this team has lost 7 in a row without one of its 3 best hitters in the lineup is amazing. And a sad commentary on the managing of one Dave Miley.

  5. #184
    You're soaking in it! MartyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,350

    Re: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    That ball was hit a ton!

    Enjoy it, because his contract is up after this year....I'd walk if I were him
    Okay...I agree...with that mindset should we go ahead and trade Dunn to another team...maybe the Oakland trade that was mentioned here before? Or is there another team that would want him more and be willing to give us more?

    At this point I don't think the Reds have one single shot at signing Dunn to a LTC..JimmyB should have gotten that one done and it should have been priority one with DanO.

    Okay...lets talk...I am ready to blow this season up and focus on building depth.

    Of course, do you think that perhaps that has been the teams plan all along?

    Would you really be surprised to see Casey, Dlo, Wilson, Milton, Jr and Dunn traded this season?

    Hmmm...the plot...oh wait, there is no plot...sorry!
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

  6. #185
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,510

    Re: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

    Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan
    Okay...I agree...with that mindset should we go ahead and trade Dunn to another team...maybe the Oakland trade that was mentioned here before? Or is there another team that would want him more and be willing to give us more?

    At this point I don't think the Reds have one single shot at signing Dunn to a LTC..JimmyB should have gotten that one done and it should have been priority one with DanO.

    Okay...lets talk...I am ready to blow this season up and focus on building depth.

    Of course, do you think that perhaps that has been the teams plan all along?

    Would you really be surprised to see Casey, Dlo, Wilson, Milton, Jr and Dunn traded this season?

    Hmmm...the plot...oh wait, there is no plot...sorry!
    I want Dunn to stay...he's a cornerstone (or should be)...but Mr. Efficient Dan O'Brien doesn't discuss LTC's during the season, and should have gotten it taken care of THIS offseason.

    If that's true, and you're Adam Dunn.....wouldn't you walk? I think Dan O has said Dunn is not tradable

    DanO is going to screw this up

  7. #186
    You're soaking in it! MartyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,350

    Re: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    I want Dunn to stay...he's a cornerstone (or should be)...but Mr. Efficient Dan O'Brien doesn't discuss LTC's during the season, and should have gotten it taken care of THIS offseason.

    If that's true, and you're Adam Dunn.....wouldn't you walk? I think Dan O has said Dunn is not tradable
    Matt:

    I am right there with you...I don't want to see him anywhere other than Cincy but IF I were Dunn, I would go somewhere where they have more pieces together to win some games and the ownership (although I like Mr. Lindner) has a more immediate plan.

    If things don't turn around quick I am pretty well convinced we are going to see Dunn, Casey, DLO, Jr., Wilson and Milton going elsewhere via trades...so that we can have something in the next couple of years.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25