Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 186

Thread: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

  1. #61
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

    nice play by Felo

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    8,158

    Re: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Moller? Did you mean Mulder?
    Yes. Just read TC's post in the other forum on the Moeller high school grads in the clubhouse and typed it instead of Mulder. Me senile? Never.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

  4. #63
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,434

    Re: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

    single by Molina, Grudz scores, Molina to 2nd on the throw.

  5. #64
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

    1-34 ... stupid to pitch to Molina

  6. #65
    Member Reds/Flyers Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati USA
    Posts
    3,384

    Re: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

    John Fay said the team's "monthly meeting" lasted for about 2 hours this afternoon. Said he wouldn't be surprised if a roster move was made before Friday's game...most likely in the bullpen.

    Marty said it's almost like they have to do something, particularly for the fans.

    Fay agreed, saying that this hasn't been a great two days for the fans, with the losses and Danny Graves' comments.

    Marty said that it is still early, but in this division, that isn't necessarily the case for the Reds.

    Fay said you can attach some siginificance to Felipe Lopez being at second tonight. (an indictment against Jimenez) Fay said when you struggle for 26 games it's probably more than just a slump.

    Marty then got on Claussen for making a mistake giving a .173-hitting eight hitter a pitch to hit with a weak-hitting pitcher on deck with 2 outs.

    Fay said that Stone and Booker are candidates to be called up very soon.

  7. #66
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,434

    Re: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

    Why pitch to Molina when you have the pitcher on deck? Bad managerial move in my opinon.

    Mulder flies out

    1-0 Cards Mid 2nd

  8. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,673

    Re: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

    Claussen with a ugly inning. Badly located pitches. Molina(shiver).

  9. #68
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan
    Fay said that Stone and Booker are candidates to be called up very soon.
    ah ... the saviors.

  10. #69
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    25,047

    Re: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan
    John Fay said the team's "monthly meeting" lasted for about 2 hours this afternoon. Said he wouldn't be surprised if a roster move was made before Friday's game...most likely in the bullpen.

    Marty said it's almost like they have to do something, particularly for the fans.

    Fay agreed, saying that this hasn't been a great two days for the fans, with the losses and Danny Graves' comments.

    Marty said that it is still early, but in this division, that isn't necessarily the case for the Reds.

    Fay said you can attach some siginificance to Felipe Lopez being at second tonight. (an indictment against Jimenez) Fay said when you struggle for 26 games it's probably more than just a slump.

    Marty then got on Claussen for making a mistake giving a .173-hitting eight hitter a pitch to hit with a weak-hitting pitcher on deck with 2 outs.

    Fay said that Stone and Booker are candidates to be called up very soon.
    Thanks for the recap. I guarantee Stone would be better than Valentine, Weathers or Weber. Trouble is, he's one pitcher. They've got to replace three.

  11. #70
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

    Chris Booker seems to be a slightly older version of Joe Valentine. Fastballs in the mid 90's and very wild.

  12. #71
    Member Reds/Flyers Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati USA
    Posts
    3,384

    Re: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

    C'mon Kearns...the Yankees scouts are watching

  13. #72
    Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,791

    Re: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

    Kearns K's

    Fay said when you struggle for 26 games it's probably more than just a slump. Other than Jimenez, that could apply to Griffey, Kearns, and Jimenez
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

  14. #73
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,512

    Re: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

    Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed
    Kearns K's

    Fay said when you struggle for 26 games it's probably more than just a slump. Other than Jimenez, that could apply to Griffey, Kearns, and Jimenez
    Griffey was on a streak until last night (I believe)....the other 2 haven't seen a streak all season

    Griffey's batting .250 (not great by any means), Kearns is about .219 and Jiminez is under .200

  15. #74
    Member Reds/Flyers Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati USA
    Posts
    3,384

    Re: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

    Randa singles. RA up

  16. #75
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    25,047

    Re: Reds vs Cardinals 5/4 - Griffey sits, Freel starts

    Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed
    Kearns K's

    Fay said when you struggle for 26 games it's probably more than just a slump. Other than Jimenez, that could apply to Griffey, Kearns, and Jimenez
    Kearns has been slow coming around, but he's seeing a bunch of pitches and sparking some nice hits off tough pitchers: Mulder, Prior (both HRS). He'll break out soon enough. Jimenez has done nothing, nothing at all.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25