Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread - 5/4/05

Re: Game Thread - 5/4/05

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    Well, it's official...

Danny Graves can adequately protect a 7-Run deficit. Very nice.
    OMG ROTFL.....well that is too funny ...........I love that.....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Game over..at least we didn't get shut out by the cards
    Go Gators!

Dave Miley has to quit thinking that saving Lopez and Freel on the bench behooves any later moves he might be able to make later on in the game. He cuts off his nose (sits those 2) to spite his face (starts RA and DJ almost nightly) Aurilia was so bad at SS that 3 teams cut him loose the past 2 years, he was even moved off SS last year... but all he does is play SS for the Reds?

Ludicrous

Did Dunn's HR hit the Batters Eye? I never saw it come down and was wondering if it left GABP.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Look on the bright side, DUDE, WHERE'S MY CAR is on FX right now.

ws1990reds

Quote Originally Posted by wheels

On my GAWD....You're right.

Jeff Blauser!

I've always thought he looked like someone, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

....Just in time for him to be traded.
    You all don't have very good photographic memory, it seems. Austin Kearns really doesn't look like Jeff Blauser. Blauser had very small lips and a sharp, protruding chin. Kearns has has an over-bite and a dull, protruding chin. Big difference.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    Look on the bright side, DUDE, WHERE'S MY CAR is on FX right now.
    Swwwweeeeeeeeeettttttt

Quote Originally Posted by ws1990reds
    I disagree. The fans are the ones paying the money. They deserve to see the best. Graves is far from that. Bad performance is one thing, snapping back at the fans (for booing him and the team) in a newspaper is what I would call "classless".
    I'm saying he didn't deserve to be booed tonight (I HATE booing anyway).

We will disagree forever on acts such as this.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Dave Miley has to quit thinking that saving Lopez and Freel on the bench behooves any later moves he might be able to make later on in the game. He cuts off his nose (sits those 2) to spite his face (starts RA and DJ almost nightly) Aurilia was so bad at SS that 3 teams cut him loose the past 2 years, he was even moved off SS last year... but all he does is play SS for the Reds?

Ludicrous
    I've been finding that last word becoming more and more typical when discussing matters with the Reds these days.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by ws1990reds
    You all don't have very good photographic memory, it seems. Austin Kearns really doesn't look like Jeff Blauser. Blauser had very small lips and a sharp, protruding chin. Kearns has has an over-bite and a dull, protruding chin. Big difference.
    Jeff Blauser

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2
    Did Dunn's HR hit the Batters Eye? I never saw it come down and was wondering if it left GABP.
    It went in the camera area
    Go Gators!

ws1990reds

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I'm saying he didn't deserve to be booed tonight (I HATE booing anyway).

We will disagree forever on acts such as this.
    And, I am saying that he did deserve to be booed tonight. There is no such thing as "booing in private or when the team is on an off-day". His whining showed up in the papers, and he had to know that he was going to be called to task for it. Good that he responded positively to the booing. Maybe *this* is the kick in the butt the Reds needed. Where have I heard that one before? But, hey, I respect your opinion nonetheless.

It went right into the room with the tv cameras in center field on the fly

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou

Ludicrous
    Exhibit A: Juan Castro - Circa 2004

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Totally classless.

Tonight, he did not deserve it... especially not the moment he stepped on the field. The fans need to move on, just as the players do.
    They will - eventually. He basically was asking for it, TB, when he said that the fans shouldn't have booed. Danny's been in the big leagues for, what, 7-8 years? Joe Valentine had a cup of coffee last season and April of this season and he knows what to say after he screwed up than Danny does. Astounding! If Danny had saced up the other night and said, "I stunk. We deserved to be booed." then he wouldn't have got the reception he did tonight. And this isn't the first time Danny has handled situations such as these in a similar manner. Whether you agree with booing or not is irrelevant. Saying that a fan doesn't have the right to boo is like saying we don't have freedom of speech. Nothing makes a fan madder than saying he or she doesn't have the right to do this or that. Sometimes Danny's too quotable for his own good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?