Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Game Thread - 5/4/05

Re: Game Thread - 5/4/05

After watching this game just let me say that thank God the Reds didn't pursue any of those cruddy A's pitchers this past offseason. This team could be in a world of hurt if it had gotten stuck with one of those guys.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    After watching this game just let me say that thank God the Reds didn't pursue any of those cruddy A's pitchers this past offseason. This team could be in a world of hurt if it had gotten stuck with one of those guys.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    It went in the camera area
    Heads up!

Thanks...
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack
    It went right into the room with the tv cameras in center field on the fly
    Thanks.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    Exhibit A: J--- C---ro - Circa 2004
    Hey, I was at the meeting where we all agreed never to mention HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED ever again.

Get into line or face the wrath of POSTERS AGAINST HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED!!

I never said a fan doesn't have the RIGHT to boo. I said I hate it when they do; and I do.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    Hey, I was at the meeting where we all agreed never to mention HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED ever again.

Get into line or face the wrath of POSTERS AGAINST HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again - we get rid of Castro, Puffy happy. We pick up Aurilia, Puffy indifferent. Puffy think he stay on bench, chew sunflower seed, make smoke signal. Aurilia become everyday shortstop, Puffy no longer happy.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

What about Randa Puffy?
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    wonder how long it'll be before ESPN comes back to Cincinnati...what with Griffey and Pena being on the bench on a nationally televised game....
    Sunday!

And as if they were here to see the Reds...they wanted to show the Cardinals! :

Well, we certainly could use some starting pitching. But we didn't have what Beane wanted (major league ready young arms), and I still say Zito would be a mistake, given he'd likely never sign long-term in Cincy.

Turn Off Ads?