Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chris Reitsma

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Re: Chris Reitsma

There were a couple of Marlins who suspect Graves of trying to pitch his way out of Cincy. How could anyone disagree with his recent numbers?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Say what you want about Danny Graves, but he would NEVER do that to his teammates!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    There were a couple of Marlins who suspect Graves of trying to pitch his way out of Cincy. How could anyone disagree with his recent numbers?
    Interesting theory, but given the way things have gone lately, the best way to pitch out of Cincinnati would be with GOOD numbers. No team would take Graves the way he's pitching now even if the Reds ate his entire contract.

Quote Originally Posted by knuckler
    Interesting theory, but given the way things have gone lately, the best way to pitch out of Cincinnati would be with GOOD numbers. No team would take Graves the way he's pitching now even if the Reds ate his entire contract.
    I disagree. Graves is a good pitcher that a lot of clubs would like to have now that he's in his last year of that onerous contract. The Reds can and should trade him but they'll likely ask too much because the teams interested are going to point to his record and lowball it, all the while rubbing their hands in glee and figuring what a great difference a change of venue will make for him. Nothing is physically wrong with him - so I think a lot of clubs are going to hope that the Reds screwy pitch to contact philosophy and poor record of pitching development means they can get an effective pitcher on the cheap that they can easily straighten out. You are right about one aspect though, as I alluded - no one is going to give us much but its possible we could get a couple of decent low level prospects. And brother, I'd take them!

Quote Originally Posted by Marge'sMullet
    This is why I think it's the REDS system/pitching coaches are inept.

Reitsma
    BJ Ryan
    Chen
    Reyes
    Mecker
    Weathers

All have excelled outside the REDS, what does Gullett and Hume do to these guys.
    This is EXACTLY why Gullet must go. Look at the track record. Pitchers genererally get better when they leave the Reds and they generally get worse when they join the Reds.

Gullett is awful as a PC. What FA pitcher would EVER want to come to Cincinnati with the way the staff is going under Gullett's leadership?

I thought Tracy Jones brought up a good point on his show last night. The Reds chose to keep Larue and DJ in the offseason. They are making what about 2.5 mil each?? And, anyone playing AAA could do as well as they are doing. Yet, 1 Mil is too much to pay for Chris Reitsma.

The brains of this philosophy needs to go. His name is Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by 2001MUgrad
    I thought Tracy Jones brought up a good point on his show last night. The Reds chose to keep Larue and DJ in the offseason. They are making what about 2.5 mil each?? And, anyone playing AAA could do as well as they are doing. Yet, 1 Mil is too much to pay for Chris Reitsma.

The brains of this philosophy needs to go. His name is Dan.
    They have said over and over again that Reitsma was being traded because they liked the players they were getting and not the result of him making too much money. That came straight from the horses mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns
    They have said over and over again that Reitsma was being traded because they liked the players they were getting and not the result of him making too much money. That came straight from the horses mouth.
    And we beleive the Save-A-Lot Reds front office because???

But if this does happen to really be true then someone needs fired that cannot evaluate talent.

If they are so cheap than why havn't they traded LaRue and Jimenez yet?

You can't have it both ways.

If they are so cheap than why havn't they traded LaRue and Jimenez yet?

You can't have it both ways.
    Oh, I bet they'd love to. Also, they would trade Griffey in a minute too. But, you have to have someone to dance with.

[QUOTE=2001MUgrad]Oh, I bet they'd love to. QUOTE]

Then why havn't they?

But if this does happen to really be true then someone needs fired that cannot evaluate talent.
    What happens if Nelson and Bong become BP anchors for the rest of the decade? DanO is not a man of action, but of Jungian Pyschobabble. Bowden always took a easy understanding why he did what he did. Trading Biggs for Kelly landed the Reds Sean Casey and trading Shaw for Konerko/Reyes landed the Reds Ken Griffey Junior!!!!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I don't buy it.....if it wasn't about the money, then they shouldn't have fought the arbitration to pay him less money

...he was worth paying in my book -- QUALITY pitching in this organization is a rare thing -- Chris was just that
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 05-14-2005 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    I don't buy it.....if it wasn't about the money, then they shouldn't have fought the arbitration to pay him less money
    Why wouldn't you try to pay as little money as possible. It's called business sense.

Reitsma should not have been traded plain and simple, you simply do not give away young power arms who make under 1 million a year, then 1 year later sign a 35 year old for 1.25 million. :thumbdown

Turn Off Ads?