Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chris Reitsma

Re: Chris Reitsma

Bubba's actually doing quite well in the closer role in Chattanooga right now. especially since he's no longer pitching to contact:

3.57 ERA, 17.2 IP, 17 H, 1 HR, 5 BB, 21 K
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Middle relief?? You don't think Chris would be closing for the Reds if he was still here? Remember, one of the big problems we have is that wwe don't have a closer. So labeling Reitsma a " middle relief" pitcher is a bit unfair. Of course if we had a decent middle relief pitcher, we'd probably have about five more wins. Good middle relief pitches are prety valuable.

I'm sorry, but you just don't trade the one good arm in your organization for two longshots that the Braves are ready too give up on. This kind of thinking is so illogical, that I always have had too assume this was just a horrible salery dump by an organization that would not spend any money. And the best you can say about this trade is that two years latter, one of the "prospects " we got has a 3.57 ERA at Chatanooga?

Saying that you traded a guy who projected for middle relief for two guys who projected as starters, is simply not reality. According to this line of thinking you would be willing to trade Harang for two pitching prospects.
    Last edited by Mutaman; 05-18-2005 at 08:49 PM.

Except, Mutaman, Chris didn;t do all that well while here. He was inconsistent, lost his starting role, and would pitch a good inning or two and then get smoked. The fact that he had talent was apparent - and it has shown with the Braves. That both Bong and Nelson were considered by many outside the Braves organization to be solid prospects, especially Nelson, and that they flopped when they got to the Reds ought to say everything you need about then state of our pitching philosophy and coaching. At this point I really believe the Reitsma trade makes olittle difference. If he stayed here Chris would still not be a good pitcher struggling with pitch to contact and getting jerked around. Bong and Nelson would probably be pitching - well - for the Braves instead of regressing with the Reds.

I would have done the trade then and I would still do it today. This team needs starting pitching plain and simple and we traded a middle reliever for the chance to get 2 possible starters.

And that's what they keep doing, trade away a decent pitcher for prospects... first Reitsma and then Mosely (I'm sure there are more, but I'm not going to rack my brain to come up with them).

You just can't trade the best from your biggest deficiency; it defies logic. Funny, all those prospects they trade for... they finally get a good one in Mosely and shove him out the door.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    And that's what they keep doing, trade away a decent pitcher for prospects... first Reitsma and then Mosely
    Moseley was the prospect, not the decent pitcher

he got rocked the other night

C. Reitsma (L, 1-2; BS, 2) 0.2 IP, 4 hits, 3 runs, 3 earned runs, O walks, 1 K.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    I'm sorry, but you just don't trade the one good arm in your organization for two longshots that the Braves are ready too give up on.
    now you're confusing the issue. the Braves still called Nelson a 'stud.' so did BA. Matt Belisle was who they had lost faith in.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

Saying that you traded a guy who projected for middle relief for two guys who projected as starters, is simply not reality. According to this line of thinking you would be willing to trade Harang for two pitching prospects.
    except Harang doesn't project as middle relief and never has.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    ...they finally get a good one in Mosely and shove him out the door.
    the thing that bothers me about Moseley is this; he's an extreme groundball pitcher. Ortiz is exactly 1:1 in GB:FB. yet all offseason, we hear DanO praise the value of GB pitchers. so he flips an extreme GB for a more expensive neutral pitcher who had a good year 3 seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by princeton
    Moseley was the prospect, not the decent pitcher
    Yes, that was my point... one of the few prospects who was actually doing well, so they got rid of him.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Middle relief?? You don't think Chris would be closing for the Reds if he was still here? Remember, one of the big problems we have is that wwe don't have a closer. So labeling Reitsma a " middle relief" pitcher is a bit unfair. Of course if we had a decent middle relief pitcher, we'd probably have about five more wins. Good middle relief pitches are prety valuable.
    He had his shot at closing in 2003. He wasn't exactly Eric Gagne out there. No better than Graves was last year.

And if they traded him because they wanted to pinch pennies, why did they release Haynes a month later?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Reitsma's another head-case--I wouldn't trust him with the game on the line.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse
    Reitsma's another head-case--I wouldn't trust him with the game on the line.
    Head case? I have NEVER, EVER heard anyone describe him in that manner.

Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    He had his shot at closing in 2003. He wasn't exactly Eric Gagne out there. No better than Graves was last year.

And if they traded him because they wanted to pinch pennies, why did they release Haynes a month later?
    There is no comparison between Graves' arm and fastball with Reitsma's. And what kind of argument is it comparing him with Gagne, Chris had an arm in an organization that is woefully lacking in same. he's not Pedro Martinez either but so what?

And the best fact you can come up with for showing that the main motivation for this organization up until the past winter was to save money is that they let jimmy Hayes go? If thats the best you can come up with, you prove my point.

The Reitsma giveaway wasn't that big a deal-- its probably only cost this organization about 15 wins (so fa).. Its what it symbolises- an organization that is motivated by saving a few bucks, an organization with no plan, an organization with no common sense.

Turn Off Ads?