Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/6 Reds vs LA game thread

5/6 Reds vs LA game thread

Hey I've never started one of these, but heard the reds lineup on the drive home...

RF Freel
    2B Lopez
    1B Casey
    CF Griff
    LF Dunn
    3B Randa
    SS Aurilla
    C Larue (I think, but I wasn't really paying attention to this spot)
    P Wilson

Interesting, first time we've seen them go with the 3 straight lefties this year. At least I believe its the first time. Griff dropped to 4th. Not perfect in my mind, but not bad either. Insert Kearns/Pena in right, Freel at second & Lopez at SS and stick with for the next month. Aurilla has shown little, & FeLo has shown that he at least deserves a long look. Interesting that they're keeping him at 2nd again, while Bergolla keeps getting more time at SS in Louisville. May be a peek into the future.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 5/6 Reds vs LA game thread

he's getting better with the line up, but still has it set up to make success dificult.

i think it's quite obvious now that the Reds reward age and not ability or skill.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

So, in order to get Lopez in the lineup (good) we have Kearns on the bench (bad) and we still have Aurilia at SS (very bad)

Come on Dave..put Aurilia on the bench.
    Go Gators!

Telephone Sanitizer

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    i think it's quite obvious now that the Reds reward age and not ability or skill.
    Well, age... or high salary.

And I think it's a big mistake to keep both Kearns and Pena on the bench unless both of them are hurt. They're both young guys, they both need to develop. What's the point in putting them both on the bench?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    So, in order to get Lopez in the lineup (good) we have Kearns on the bench (bad) and we still have Aurilia at SS (very bad)

Come on Dave..put Aurilia on the bench.
    What has Kearns done to deserve to be in the lineup? If Wily Mo were healthy, he'd be in there

Telephone Sanitizer

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    What has Kearns done to deserve to be in the lineup? If Wily Mo were healthy, he'd be in there
    Kearns might be a member of the next good Reds team.

Rich Aurilia won't.

Well he's not, and Kearns won't get better on the bench.
    Go Gators!

Personally I think they rely to much on what a players done in the past, rather then trying to see what they might be able to do in the future.

Perfect example is Aurilla. You know he'll be fairly reliable. He won't commit erros, he's got a little bit of pop & he'll give you a "professional" at bat every trip to the plate. Of course you also know that in the end, he's gonna hit ya .240 with 10 homers, 40-50 rbi, clog up the bases & show very little range getting to the ball.

Meanwhile, FeLo throws a ton of balls away, and doesn't always give you a "professional" at bat. However, he's got much more range, a stronger arm, better speed & probably just as much pop, if not more, in his bat. I believe the only way to see if you can get him to develop a consistant approach both in the field and at the plate is to allow him to play as much as possible. He showed great promise at the end of last year when Larkin went down. In his short time this year, I think he's shown the same promise, yet the same inconsisnant play. Hopefully the lineups of the last 2 games reflect the reds willingness to ride out FeLo and to determine what they've got. If nothing else, Bergolla is gonna start pushing one of the middle infielders if he continues to develop at the progress he shown the last 2 season in the minors. He & EE could form a pretty solid left half of the infield. Of course this assumes that Bergolla has a decent enough arm at short. The knock is that his arm is weak, but they're playing him more at SS in AAA. Can one develop a stronger arm? I don't know, but I do like what I see at the plate (or in the box scores anyways). Seems that he could be molded into a 2 hold hitter with Freel or FeLo leading off.

Substitute Kearns for Aurilia (Felo to SS, Freel to second, Austin to RF) and I'd be a happy camper.

I loathe the Aurilia signing.©
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Golgafrinchan
    Kearns might be a member of the next good Reds team.

Rich Aurilia won't.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

What has Aurilia did to deserve starting?

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Well he's not, and Kearns won't get better on the bench.
    Somehow get rid of Junior or Casey (not that I want to) and the problem is solved

good to know they've figured it out. Just need to play more small ball.

2B Freel
    SS Lopez
    LF Dunn
    CF Pena
    RF Kearns
    1B Casey
    3B Randa
    C LaRue

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    2B Freel
    SS Lopez
    LF Dunn
    CF Pena
    RF Kearns
    1B Casey
    3B Randa
    C LaRue
    Is this an updated lineup or the lineup you want?

Turn Off Ads?