Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question about Old Red Guard

Re: Question about Old Red Guard

For my english class I am doing a cultural response presentation on steroids, and would love to use Old Red Gaurd's post comparing training today versus the training of old. I was wondering if any of you knew his name (or his family's email adress) so I could give credit, where credit is certainly due.

2. Turn Off Ads?

ORG's name is Charles Elledge. His son is a member of Redszone under the name RoyalsReds. You can probably try to reach him through the e-mail form there but he doesn't visit the board much.

Rem

When we did the brick for ORG there was a certificate that came to me regarding its' location and inscription. At the time, I had no address to send it to and, by the time I got it, I was in the process of moving and the certificate went astray. All the conversation about ORG prompted me to look for it and, after a couple of hours of digging I managed to find it (in an old tax return file---no wonder I never looked there before. )

I just sent an e-mail to RoyalsReds, ORG's son, asking him for an address to forward the certificate to; hopefully he will get that since he hasn't posted here in over a year.

Someone asked about the location of the Brick. The only thing I have says that it is in section 39 of the Hall of Fame Breezeway. Based upon the illustration that came with that locator, it looks like it would be about the middle of the breezeway between the Reds Team Store and the HOF entrance. It is closer to the side of the breezeway nearest Main Street.

The instription on the brick is from a poem by ORG from his days of playing sandlot baseball as a boy. It reads:

Where homeplate was a paper plate
    I'd take my Hero's stance and wait

Charles Elledge

Rem

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remdog

Where homeplate was a paper plate
    I'd take my Hero's stance and wait

Charles Elledge

Rem
    SERP mission, get a picture of "our" brick and post it here.

Someone took a picture of the Redszone Brick once.

Which brings up another 'brick' subject. For newcomers to the site, there is also a Redszone Brick somewhere near the stadium. Darn if I can recall where though.

Rem

RZ's brick is just outside the new gift shop in Section 3.

Future Reds All Star

Here are a few pictures of Old Red Guards brick. I never thought of getting a few of Redszones

If I get a chance, I will look through some of my last seasons pictures. I am pretty sure I have one around.

People you guys are really some classy people on here and im so glad I was lucky enough to find this site to talk to people like you all.ORG sounds like he was a great great person that you guys were lucky enough to get to know.Im sure he is setting and smiling down at everyone of you guys that treated him like ruralty.To rename a board after somebody to me that speaks volumes about how you all felt about the guy and im sure he is deeply missed by all of you but you all still have one think and thats Memorys about ORG.Those Memorys will be with you forever!!

Again I have to say I would have loved to have been lucky enough to have got to talk to him b/c he sounds like he was a great person.You guys are some great people on here and im so glad that I have the opurtunity to talk to great people like you guys.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Click on the picture to enlarge it.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

That is some great stuff about ORG,and great photos as well.He must have been a monster fan of the Reds?We need more Reds fans like him with the class,Big Heart,and thats truly loyal to the team.

ORG,bud I wished I would have been lucky enough to have talked to you on here.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

I believe the RZ brick pictures are/were in the pics section of the site (which is currently not visible, but they do exist!).

Thanks for the pics of the ORG Brick, TM! I've never seen any before so it's nice to know how it turned out.

Rem

Turn Off Ads?