Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Garner and Affleck to become parents

Garner and Affleck to become parents

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/16506

By Marcus Errico
    6 minutes ago

Jennifer Garner's next alias: mommy.

The Alias star is expecting her first child, E! Online and E! News have confirmed.

Multiple sources close to Garner and beau Ben Affleck say the actress is three months along. News of the pregnancy comes just two weeks after several published reports claimed the couple were engaged.

According to E! Online columnist Ted Casablanca, Affleck flew Garner's kin from West Virginia to California in April for his leading lady's 33rd birthday party. The question subsequently was popped in private, Casablanca reported.

At the time Affleck's rep, Ken Sunshine, described said reports as "garbage." On Saturday, Sunshine declined to address the baby news, saying "I never comment on [Affleck's] personal life." There was no immediate word from Garner's camp on the pregnancy or whether a ceremony was in the offing.

Despite having a baby on board, Garner is still keeping to her schedule this summer. Her next big-screen project, Columbia Pictures' romantic drama Catch and Release, begins its two-month shoot next week in Vancouver. The film costars Kevin Smith, Juliette Lewis and Timothy Olyphant and marks the directorial debut of Erin Brockovich screenwriter Susannah Grant.

But Garner's November due date could prove tricky for the Alias brain trust. While ABC's spy thriller is wrapped for the season (the finale airs May 25), the show has been picked up for the fall and is slated to resume production in July. Now, producers must decide how to deal with Garner's pregnancy, either by incorporating it into the show (remember, Sydney's eggs were harvested last season) or just try to hide it. Then again, considering the show's sky-high slinky outfit-to-episode ratio, a burgeoning belly would be hard to conceal. Further complicating matters, Garner performs most of her own stunts.

Affleck, 32, and Garner costarred on screen together before coupling off--he was Daredevil to her Elektra in 2003's Daredevil. (His cameo in this year's Elektra wound up on the cutting-room floor, but is preserved for posterity on the DVD.)

They finally went public with their much-rumored romance last fall at the World Series, when she was spotted snuggling Red Sox diehard Affleck at Boston's Fenway Park. Their pairing was alternately dubbed Garfleck and Bennifer II.

But unlike the original Bennifer tandem of Affleck and Jennifer Lopez, the all-new edition prefers to fly under the radar. The World Series appearance aside, Garner and Affleck have generally managed to eschew being photographed together at red-carpet events.

Garner was previously married to Felicity costar Scott Foley. They split in 2003, and their divorce was finalized in March 2004. They didn't have any children.

The never-wed Affleck previously was engaged to Lopez. That relationship ended with the scuttling of their September 2003 nuptials.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Garner and Affleck to become parents

We get a watered down version of The Star tabloid paper in our Sunday newspaper. The Star broke this story about 6 weeks ago. They also had the scoop by several weeks about Brad Pitt and what's-her-name getting divorced. I'm going to have to quit making fun of tabloids if they continue to get their celebrity gossip right.
    /r/reds

Star has something right?!?!
    Go Gators!

So the baby'll like beat up spies and then go drink jello shots out of a stripper's belly button.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

If Ben is the daddy, this kid will no doubt have all the powers that Beezlebub himself bestowed on Ben in whatever unholy alliance forwarded his career.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I always wish expectant parents well, so I will here, too.
    Now that is out of the way, what in the world is wrong with a great W. Va. lady like Jennifer Garner hooking up with Ben Affleck? Jennifer, Jennifer, you coulda, shoulda done better.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    whatever unholy alliance forwarded his career.
    The ability to befriend truly talented guys? (ie...Matt Damon)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192
    The ability to befriend truly talented guys? (ie...Matt Damon)

No, I was thinking more along the lines of pledging your eternal allegiance to the dark powers. I can't see any other way he got where he is.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

If Ben is the daddy, this kid will no doubt have all the powers that Beezlebub himself bestowed on Ben in whatever unholy alliance forwarded his career.
    I remember hearing the same thing said about Bruce Willis around the time of "Moonlighting" and his ill-advised detour into music.

I also don't have much respect for Ben Affleck at this point, but IMHO, Bruce Willis has carved out a pretty good niche for himself in the last decade.
    /r/reds

I don't disrespect Ben. I just think he's a no-talent hack, much like Keanu.

Maybe they got a group rate?

I don't disrespect Ben. I just think he's a no-talent hack, much like Keanu.

Maybe they got a group rate?
    Maybe you haven't seen "The Sum of All Fears," then? I loathe the notion that he was able to get his hands on a Tom Clancy project.

I agree that Keanu is similarly overrated.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    Maybe you haven't seen "The Sum of All Fears," then? I loathe the notion that he was able to get his hands on a Tom Clancy project.

I agree that Keanu is similarly overrated.

I saw it. He's Jack Ryan like Danny Graves is Nolan Ryan.

Lord have mercy on this child.

I was reading the other day where Britanny Spears says that motherhood is very trying (her husbands kids from previous marriage).

Her problems? Trying to remember to tell the nanny to get the kids ready for school, watching over the maid to insure she gets her errands done while also the housework, etc, etc. She said it's all very tiring on her. I'm serious! This is what she actually said.
    Last edited by GAC; 05-09-2005 at 10:32 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?