Re: Four Movies Im Going to See This Summer

Kung Fu Hustle
    Revenge of the Sith
    Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
    Batman Begins

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo
    I resent the remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory -- the original was so cool.
    From the previews, it looks like Burton is sticking more closely to the book. As an example, notice the great glass elevator?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Revenge of the Sith
    Madagascar (For our little guy)

Maybe one or two more w/o our little man.

Parenting question .... Feedback suggested.

Our little one is a little over two years old. We plan to take him to see Madagascar which would be his first movie at the movies. Is that too young?

Quote Originally Posted by 2844
    Our little one is a little over two years old. We plan to take him to see Madagascar which would be his first movie at the movies. Is that too young?
    I'm not a parent, but I have taken two year olds that I babysat to movies. They were well behaved during the movie. Understand that it is an animated film, the crowd will be full of children, and as a rule, children in theaters are noisy to begin with. Shouldn't be a problem.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    It isn't a summer flick, but Kingdom of Heaven looks great.
    Kingdom of Heaven was very good, I thought it was well done. (Note: It wouldn't hurt to have some background knowledge of the time, might appreciate it more that way) Is it better the Gladiator? No. Better then Troy? I don't think so, I really liked Troy even though it was inaccurate to Homer's Iliad. While Kingdom of Heaven I would say stayed fairly accurate to the time and events, it is a good movie and I would have to say Orlando Bloom did an excellent job. So I would have to go give it , and it is worth seeing in theatre.

My movies I would like to see..
    War of the Worlds
    Star Wars
    New World
    Batman
    Mr. and Mrs. Smith
    "As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves." - Ken Griffey Jr.

La Dolce Vita

Cinderella Man is starting shortly. It looks excellent.
    teach tolerance.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Bewitched
    Kicking and Screaming
    War of the Worlds
    Stealth
    Must Love Dogs
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    /r/reds

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith -- It promises to be the darkest Star Wars yet, but remember that Aniken/Vader is the one who brings balance to the force by killing the emperor and squashing the Dark Side...eventually. And I get to see it two nights before everyone else

War of the Worlds -- classic big budget summer disaster movie...I love those. And the special fx look awesome.

Dukes of Hazzard -- Saw the preview. Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg is ridiculous and doesn't work at all. Bo and Luke look more like jokesters than they ever were. Rosco doesn't look as clumsy as the TV version. But Jessica Simpson more than makes up for it as Daisy

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Fall 2005) -- I love the Harry Potter series. Goblet of Fire was the best book of the five so far (IMO).

I saw House of Wax over the weekend. I wasn't expecting to like it but I did. Plenty of suspense and a very interesting plot. Paris Hilton wasn't THAT bad either. She was bad, just not THAT bad.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Somehow I picture the "Dukes of Hazzard" movie as being like the "movie within a movie" segment of "Pee Wee's Big Adventure." (Steve Brolin portrayed a James-Bondian version of Pee Wee, Morgan Fairchild portrayed Pee Wee's girlfriend.) Everyone will be more handsome/beautiful/erudite than their real, or in the Dukes' case, TV personas. All of which will serve to drain the charm out of the original concept.

In my own biased crystal ball, I don't see the "Bewitched" movie as having the same issue.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?