Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report: Renee Zellweger, Kenny Chesney wed

Report: Renee Zellweger, Kenny Chesney wed

RENEE ZELLWEGER & KENNY CHESNEY MARRY!
    May 9, 2005

ET has confirmed that Oscar®-winning actress RENÉE ZELLWEGER and country star KENNY CHESNEY have tied the knot! The surprising couple were married on Monday on the beautiful island of St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands, where the singer has a home. In a short, 15-minute ceremony performed by a female preacher in front of a small group of family and friends, the bride wore CAROLINA HERRERA, one of her favorite designers, while the groom was reportedly barefoot. Both laughed and cried during the ceremony.

The happy couple met at the Concert of Hope tsunami relief effort on January 15 and maintained a quiet friendship that quickly blossomed. The marriage is a first for both stars, although the 37-year-old Kenny reportedly broke off an engagement to another woman in 1999, three weeks before the wedding. Prior to marrying Kenny, Renée dated WHITE STRIPES singer JACK WHITE and her 'Me, Myself & Irene' co-star JIM CARREY. A spokesperson for Renée had no comment about the proceedings.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Report: Renee Zellweger, Kenny Chesney wed

Omg! why would she marry him, I could have been available if need be.

I heard she called...but you did not answer.

Sorry dude.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

I put the over/under at 18 months and I will take the under. Too fast even for celebrities
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

I have newspapers in my house older than that relationship

I just read this as I was looking for things to distract me from watching Graves pitch. I think Jon Stewart's "waaa?" is the appropriate response. I give the marriage, hmmm 2 years max.

I don't believe this is true.

I would have been invited to the wedding, yet I didn't get an inventation.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    I don't believe this is true.

I would have been invited to the wedding, yet I didn't get an inventation.

Well congrats to them
    Go Gators!

Well, if you bought gifts for these two crazy kids, you should be getting them back now.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/zellchesney91604.html

Zellweger, Chesney: Over

Thursday September 15

By Joal Ryan

A week ago, Renee Zellweger was "happily married" to Kenny Chesney. But in the whirlwind romantic life of the Oscar-winning actress, a lot can happen in seven days.

Wednesday in Los Angeles, Zellweger checked the paperwork box marked "fraud," and filed for an annulment from her country star husband of four months.

"The reports are true," Zellweger rep Nanci Ryder confirmed. "There are no further details."

Zellweger, 36, and Chesney, 37, wed May 9 on a beach in the Virgin Islands. The bride wore a strapless Carolina Herrera; the groom, a black Stetson.

The ceremony, held in front of friends and family, came about five months after the couple met at a tsunami relief benefit in January.

"I am incredibly happy," Chesney said at the time. "I may well be the luckiest man alive. To be so in love with someone who is so perfect for me. It's just hard to imagine that I'm not going to wake up."

Three days later, Chesney resumed his Somewhere in the Sun tour.

By late July, E! Online columnist Ted Casablanca was reporting on buzz that had the newlyweds splitting up. At the time, Ryder told Casablanca, "I just saw her [Zellweger], and I'm sure it's not true."

Last week, Britain's Daily Mail estimated that Zellweger and Chesney had spent 15 days together since their wedding. Caught by the newspaper on the red carpet for the London premiere of Cinderella Man, Zellweger, who attended the event solo, batted away rumors of a marriage in swift decline.

"I'm happily married," Zellweger said, per the paper, "but I don't talk about it because I want to keep my precious things precious."

Word of their pending annulment was first reported Thursday afternoon by People magazine. Later, Los Angeles' City News Service dug up the filing, and the "fraud" declaration.

The marriage was the first for both. Zellweger, the titular singleton of the Bridget Jones movies, previously had been linked, but legally unattached, to the likes of White Stripes rocker Jack White, Jim Carrey and George Clooney.

Chesney, meanwhile, seems ready to keep rolling right along.

The Country Music Association and Academy of Country Music Association's reigning Entertainer of the Year, the singer is set to appear at the 20th anniversary Farm Aid concert on Sunday in Illinois. On Oct. 1 in Houston, he'll be part of a Country Music Television benefit concert for victims of Hurricane Katrina. Then there's the new album, The Road & the Radio--it's due out Nov. 8.

No word on where the annulment fits into the schedule.

In the pantheon of short-lived Hollywood marriages, Zellweger and Chesney's four-month-long union lasted an eternity compared to those of Zsa Zsa Gabor (one day, in 1982) and Britney Spears (55 hours, in 2004).
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

I love how "famous" celebrity types (Zellweger, Britney Spears, Nicky Hilton, etc...) always manage to get annullments, when everybody else just settles for the old garden variety divorce.

I guess that money = mulligans
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

3 months?

You don't even reach the good stuff to fight about for a couple of years!

Yeesh
    Go Gators!

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed
    I put the over/under at 18 months and I will take the under. Too fast even for celebrities
    Too bad my other predications usually don't turn out as well. I figured it would definitely take 6 or 7 months just to figure out what they want to change about each other and another 6 or 7 to annoy the crap out of each other while trying to fix each other's bad habits.
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

And this is what has become of this side of the forum.

Where's the Britney Spears ultra-sound updates?
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Ok, who had September 15th?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?