Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bonds

Bonds

He was fine taking one of my two DL slots. Now I have a 3rd DLed player.

Think he'll be back at all this season?
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bonds

Personally, I don't think he will be back, and if he does come back, it won't be until August or so. Admittedly, I am no doctor or expert by any means, but it just seems like he is having too many set backs in order to make a strong and fairly quick recovery.

He wants the Babe's record he will be back... Although probably not until August and only for two months...

I am in the same boat.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

I think he comes back in August, but with all the injuries to other front line players at this point in the season you might try to ditch him now knowing that the other owners have other DL'd players and hope no one will claim him since there is no schedule for his return and then pick him back up at a later date.

realfan05

I think he comes back next season - check out what I said on my blog at http://www.barrysucks.com
    --- Is it so far-fetched to consider that Barry and his team of handlers have already considered and played out the various scenarios for this season? Here everyone is talking about Barry breaking the record while he has quite possibly already decided to play it low this season and save the gusto for next year. Next year , those close to him are saying, the steroid talk and BALCO travesty will have died down and you can go after the record that is rightly yours. Trust me, Barry knows he's not getting a ring so this record is all he can really hope for. I am not denying that if Barry wanted to he could hit out those 50 + homeruns. But is it in his best interest to hold off? My Magic 8 Ball reads, "You'll have to wait and see."

I would keep Bonds if I were you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

You can't drop Bonds right now. Maybe in another month or two but if he comes back he could make or break your team.

I lost Prior too. My bench spots are being used by DL guys. I'm going to have to punt soon.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Turn Off Ads?