Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The new reputation system on Redzone

The new reputation system on Redzone

I really wish Boss and GIK would change it that the posters can only give points to a poster.I have tried my hardest to wright good positive posts to gain points and I do get some points time to time.I was up to 70 before the game started tonight then when I got back on here I only had 56 .The thing that puzzles me is that I never said nothing bad to anybody or wrote a bad post but I still get points taken away.

Guys I know that I started off on the wrong foot on here when I first joined but I am a diferent person now and I hope you all don't hold that againist me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The new reputation system on Redzone

That simply wouldn't work because eventually everybody would make the big board and the reputation system would become useless.

You are already 1/4 of the way there. If you keep being positive and stuff for a couple of months you will probably make it.

Also when people give out points it seems that they just don't give out points for being positive but they also like to see that people are making well thought out posts. I am not saying you aren't, it's just something to consider.

I thought I was giving good reasoning in my post's but maybe they exspect more.The only thing that I do know is that I am trying the best I can but maybe I an't smart enough to gain points.

Oh well Kearnsy I'll keep doing what I have been doing for the past week or so but maybe im just a minor leaguer.

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman
    I thought I was giving good reasoning in my post's but maybe they exspect more.The only thing that I do know is that I am trying the best I can but maybe I an't smart enough to gain points.

Oh well Kearnsy I'll keep doing what I have been doing for the past week or so but maybe im just a minor leaguer.

Just be patient. Your time will come eventually.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    Just be patient. Your time will come eventually.

I understand what your saying but its hard to be patient when your score is up one day then the next its down 20 points for no reason at all.I know you mods are doing your best to keep the boards in good shape with great posters but I honestly don't know what else to do.I mean when I get points taken away for nothing it kind of makes me think do some people want me to leave.

I'll keep posting and see what happens!!

I understand what your saying but its hard to be patient when your score is up one day then the next its down 20 points for no reason at all.I know you mods are doing your best to keep the boards in good shape with great posters but I honestly don't know what else to do.I mean when I get points taken away for nothing it kind of makes me think do some people want me to leave.

I'll keep posting and see what happens!!

Yes, please keep posting. But try to keep in mind that we are looking for quality over quantity.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Paint,you can delete this thread if you want.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

We've only had this system for 8 days. Keep trying and don't give up hope yet!

FWIW, if the temptation to post something negative is too great in light of current events, it might be better to lay off of the ol' "Post" button. Anyone can rail about the club's latest gaffes, but the posts that say something truly insightful always get my attention.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    We've only had this system for 8 days. Keep trying and don't give up hope yet!

FWIW, if the temptation to post something negative is too great in light of current events, it might be better to lay off of the ol' "Post" button. Anyone can rail about the club's latest gaffes, but the posts that say something truly insightful always get my attention.
    Thats what I don't understand I hav'nt posted nothing negative in 5-6 days but yet im only 66.

I'll let you guys go thanks for all your help and info.

Thats what I don't understand I hav'nt posted nothing negative in 5-6 days but yet im only 66.
    66 is a lot better than the 10 you started with, and like paint said, it's about quality more than quantity. Hang in there and keep working at it. As someone new to the board, you shouldn't be expecting a "call up" overnight. People have to get to know you first, and then, if you keep posting quality information, I'm sure you'll see your "number" increase a little faster....
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I agree with what you are saying Snoop,and I apprecate all the help and advice that you all have gave me tonight.I will try even harder now with this advice that you guys have gave me.

Thanks again Unassisted,Paint,and Snoop!!!!

You can erase this thread if you want im done asking questions.THANKS

You just hang in there, PAC, 'cause you're one of my new favorites.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    You just hang in there, PAC, 'cause you're one of my new favorites.
    Thanks alot Wheels that means alot man

One more thing we an't trading Casey!!!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I can only speak for myself, but here's how I give out my 2 positivization points-per-click and how I give out my 1 negatization point.

In order to get a positive, I look for a post that shows some analysis. New spin on issues, playing devil's advocate on an issue, and making connections between observations. I'll also positivize for humor, so if you get me laughing, you get 2 points.

I'll only negatize for repetitive comments, complaining with no real analysis (exception on the game threads, where I think it's more about stream of conciousness writing than anything else), or personal attacks.

That's just my view.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?