Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The new reputation system on Redzone

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: The new reputation system on Redzone

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman
    I was up to 70 before the game started tonight then when I got back on here I only had 56 .The thing that puzzles me is that I never said nothing bad to anybody or wrote a bad post but I still get points taken away.
    I just "connected a few dots" and figured out that your point total drop was likely caused by some recent thread deletions by the admins. Those had the effect of lowering the amount of rep points that posters who had posted in those threads can award.

If you were given rep by someone who could award 10 points and the thread deletions lowered their post count to where they could now only award 7 points, you would have lost 3 points, through no fault of your own.

If that's too much to get your mind around, WVP, rest assured that it was the result of large-scale changes to the board and not the result of anything you did.
    /r/reds

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    I just "connected a few dots" and figured out that your point total drop was likely caused by some recent thread deletions by the admins. Those had the effect of lowering the amount of rep points that posters who had posted in those threads can award.

If you were given rep by someone who could award 10 points and the thread deletions lowered their post count to where they could now only award 7 points, you would have lost 3 points, through no fault of your own.

If that's too much to get your mind around, WVP, rest assured that it was the result of large-scale changes to the board and not the result of anything you did.
    I understand man thanks alot!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted

I don't think that affected people's reputation level. It affected their post total but I don't think it recalculates the reputation level unless we were to run a method that automatically does that.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    I don't think that affected people's reputation level. It affected their post total but I don't think it recalculates the reputation level unless we were to run a method that automatically does that.
    Mine dropped 2 points. From 12 to 10.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    I think he meant the 236 points that you have.

If someone gave you positive power that was worth 12 points, and then they lost 4000 posts and their rep power is only 10 now, your "score" of 236 wouldn't go down to 234.....
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    I think he meant that anyone you gave points to when your rep power was 12 got 12 points and that can never change.

But once the post totals changed, and you went to 10, anyone from that moment forward gets 10 (with no effect on past rep giving).

Hope that made sense!
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I think he meant the 236 points that you have.

If someone gave you positive power that was worth 12 points, and then they lost 4000 posts and their rep power is only 10 now, your "score" of 236 wouldn't go down to 234.....
    Correct

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I never was much good at connecting dots.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?