Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Perry...get real...(accuses Tressel of cheating) must be Michigan week

Chris Perry...get real...(accuses Tressel of cheating) must be Michigan week

NFL ROUNDUP: Bengals' Perry rips OSU's coach, QB

November 15, 2006

CINCINNATI -- Former Michigan star running back Chris Perry trashed Ohio State coach Jim Tressel and quarterback Troy Smith while he made a prediction for the Big Game between the Wolverines and Buckeyes on Saturday.

"It's a blowout," Perry told the Dayton (Ohio) Daily News. "Ain't no ifs, ands or buts about it. (Defensive tackle Alan) Branch is going to knock the stuffing out of -- what's his name -- Troy Smith. You all set that (Heisman Trophy talk) up anyway. That's some B.S. to begin with.

"He shouldn't even win the Heisman. He's not going to win his league or the national championship. We all know what's going to happen. We're going to win it. It's been long overdue. Tressel's been cheating. So, hey, we're going to keep it real. There ain't nothing else to say."
    LINK
    I was starting to warm up to him till this nonsense. Tressel cheats? Come on. What a bone-headed accusation to make.

Yes, U of M fans, this guys represents your school. Why am I not surprised?
    Last edited by max venable; 11-15-2006 at 12:55 PM.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chris Perry...get real...(accuses Tressel of cheating) must be Michigan week

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    And Mo Clarett represents OSU??? What???
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Re: Chris Perry...get real...(accuses Tressel of cheating) must be Michigan week

If he was even at all serious with those comments, he is a real piece of work. I can see blabbing on about "the other team" in jest, as well all do, and of course it is fine to believe your team is better and will win. But the stuff about Tressel and Smith just make him look like an idiot.
    Last edited by bucksfan; 11-15-2006 at 01:06 PM.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Poor OSU, someone doesn't like them.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    Ahh, taking the innocent "whatever could he mean" route. Probably the stance I'd take, too.

As for what Chris Perry said, he's a UM grad, of course he's going to say that Michigan will win, that you shouldn't be surprised about.

As for his quote about Tressel cheating, he was on the team that had its bus searched by drug dogs before the last UM-OSU game in Columbus. I'd have some ill will towards a coach if they pulled that crap on me before a big game. That's a little different than painting the opposing teams locker room pink...
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    And Mo Clarett represents OSU??? What???
    Maurice's actions and representation of Ohio State are reprehensible and most Buckeye fans would agree I think. Both Ohio State and tsun have had examples of poor representation in the past. And to Perry's credit, he only uttered silly words.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Do we not all understand that once you are an Ohio State player or a Michigan player, you are always an OSU or UM player? No matter how long its been since you last wore their uniform, it has been inbred into you to hate the other team? That never goes away. A good friend of mine from high school, his Dad played for Woody Hayes at Ohio State. His Dad *hates* Michigan. Always has, always will. He kicked me out of his house several times when I had a Michigan shirt, sweatshirt, or hat on and cussed at me while doing it, something along the lines of "Get the $#$ out of my house with that (%%^ on and don't ever think you can come back in my house, or even on my property with it on." I was in high school at the time, a sophmore, and he wasn't kidding. There was no laughing involved. His son apologized to me about it, but said "he's not kidding around, don't do that again." Of couse, I tried it a couple times, and each time I was thrown out of his house. I respect that now. I understand it. It *never* goes away.

Pretty much all of what Chris Perry said above, I'm sure, can be attributed to much of the same attitude. We all know that the UM-OSU game is not going to be a blowout. Almost all of us would be shocked if it was. That part of it was just humor, I'm sure. You can take it as arrogance if you really want to, but I'm guessing part of it is humor, and the other part is pride.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 11-15-2006 at 01:17 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I'd like to see a clip of him saying this before making a judgement. Could he have been talking smack in jest, as bucksfan mentioned?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    I'd like to see a clip of him saying this before making a judgement. Could he have been talking smack in jest, as bucksfan mentioned?
    I agree... still, throwing out the "cheater" card is pretty serious, even if it is maybe true... *cough* Youngstown State *cough*
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Anyone of you ever accuse a rival school of cheating on a message board or just amongst friends? That's all Perry is doing. He probably has no more idea that Tressel cheats than you or I do. All it is is talk and just because he has some level of fame, doesn't mean he has any more insight than any one of us do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

When we were kids, the best way to deal with someone who kept beating you all the time was to call them a "cheater."
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I saw Bo doing a press conference yesterday that sounded like Bizzaro Woody Hayes--a bitter old man who still hates the Buckeyes. He joked "he escaped Columbus after six (?) years..." He brought up the bus search also. Good stuff. I say they step it up to a full body and cavity search on LLLLoyd this year. Maybe they'll find what's lodged that causes him to get that look and causes the constant whining to the officials.

What I really want to know is why Tressel wears those silly sweater vests?

I think it's a cover up.

He wants everyone to think he's Ward Cleaver instead of Jerry Tarkanian.

I'm not fooled
    School's out. What did you expect?

Chris Perry has a deep seeded hatred of Ohio State. That is a known fact. He was recruited by John Cooper to be "the next Eddie George" supposedly committed to Ohio State, and all the while was secretly committed to Michigan. His mother was also heavily involved in his recruitment and condoned such activities. Cooper invested alot of time and effort recruiting him while he was already secretly off the market. Cooper really felt the brunt of this because this was back during the Johnathon Wells, Derek Combs, and whoever else era at running back. He desperately needed a good RB recruit. He later added all everything recruit Sam Maldanado who was thought to be the top RB recruit. Obviously he was a massive bust.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

LoganBuck,

Is that quote from Henne for real?

Turn Off Ads?