Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Should people be fined for talking while driving?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 67.35%
  • No

6 12.24%
  • Only those under 21 or over 75 - their driving is a little suspect anyway.

2 4.08%
  • Well if they're Cubs fans - sure!!

8 16.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talking on a cell in Chicago could cost you $200

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Re: Talking on a cell in Chicago could cost you $200

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    Actually, Chicago needs to ban other things as well (things I've actually seen Chicago drivers do while taking cabs/limos to O'Hare/Midway):

Hey LPR, I used to live in Edgewater, up by Rogers Park. Before that I used to crash on my brother's couch in Wicker Park. My wife lived in the Wrigleyville/Boys Town area before we married. You could see the light standards of Wrigley from her front window. Some "interesting" bars in that neighborhood.

I could really go for a slice of Giordano's right now.
    How long ago did you live here? The area around wrigley (not boystown)is changing all the time, most of the apartment buildings are being gutted and turned into condos. when you say "interesting bars" I take that to mean places like the manhole (no subtlety there)? Yeah, I find it kinda of funny that 1/4 mile from wrigley is boys town.
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yep, when we met, my wife lived right around the corner from the Manhole. Don't forget Cocktail and Gay-mart. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I thought it was funny though when we would walk back to her place after a game and overhear a group of drunken frat boys heading toward N. Halsted in search of a "Good Sports Bar." Personally I preferred the Goose Island Brewery on Clark - some great beer there. My wife and her friends always liked Yak-zee's (no relation), because Mark Grace would turn up there after games when he was a Cub.

We moved to Ohio in 2001. Part of the reason being that, with all the apartments getting renovated into condos, living in the city was just getting too expensive. When you're paying almost $1000 for a one bedroom apartment and planing on starting a family, you get a strong desire to move. Plus we thought it would be nice to live closer to family.

ws1990reds

Quote Originally Posted by dman
    I can see the points that people who are for banning the use of cell phones in cars, but something like this could have a farther reaching impact than just cell phones. What if somebody doesn't want to see people smoking in cars? They can try to lobby for legislation that bans lighting up a cigarette in a car under the guise of safety. Or the same could even be said of fiddling with the radio in your car.
    I'm all for it, the smoking ban, of course. Oh, and how about these who sit like they have scoliosis (you know, leaning way back, toward the passenger seat) when driving?

Turn Off Ads?