For those of you who are interested,

To be perfectly blunt and honest, Ohio State's men's basketball recruiting class of 2006 could potentially be the best recruiting class in NCAA history.

Already committed:

Daequan Cook-SG-Dayton Dunbar. 6'4'' 185 lbs. Number 1 ranked shooting guard in the country, 3rd ranked player in the country regardless of position.

David Lighty-SG-Cleveland St. Joseph. 6'5'' 180 lbs. Number 2 ranked shooting guard in the country, 17th ranked player in the country regardless of position.

Those two alone would make for an outstanding recruiting class. But the way the 2006 class in Columbus is shaping up, these two are just the tip of the iceberg.

Thaddeus Young is a 6'8'' 205 small forward from Mitchell HS in Memphis. He is the 2nd ranked small forward in America and the 7th ranked player regardless of position. He has listed Ohio State among his favorites.

Mike Conley is a 6'1'' 170 pound point guard from Lawrence North High in Indianapolis. He is the 6th ranked point guard in the country (I think that is a slap in the face to rank him that low) and the 35th ranked player regardless of position (that too is too low). He is down to Ohio State and Wake Forest. But possibly his biggest attribute is the fact that he is teamates and lifelong best friends with our next prospect.

The unquestioned cream of the crop as far as 2006 recruites is a man child named Greg Oden, also from Lawrence North High in Indianapolis. Greg is 7'0'' and 225 pounds. He is the #1 player in the country regardless of position. This kid would be the #1 pick in the NBA draft this year (yes, he's that good) but the thing that makes Greg even more attractive is that he does not want to go the NBA after high school. He wants the college experiece and he is very involved in his academics. Not your average everyday basketball phenom. It is widely believed that he is going to go to the same school as his friend Conley. They both took visits to Ohio State in the past week and both came out with glowing reviews. It really sounds to me like they will both commit to Ohio State in the near future.

So be on notice, Ohio State fans. This is a class that I think would make Michigan's Fab Five look like a junior high team. I'll post updates as they come in.