Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Dunn Trade Rumor!

Re: Adam Dunn Trade Rumor!

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack
    Maybe the Reds know they can't or are not willing to re-sign Dunn with Jr. on the roster...? A sad, sad thought.
    Thats the problem we need to find a taker for Griffey so we could have Dunn in left,Willy Mo in center,Kearns in RIGHT.I garrentee if Jr was'nt a Red then we would have already signed those three to contracts extentions.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

castillo is 29, makes almost 5 mill and is hurt right now

Any deal for Dunn should ONLY include pitchers. The Reds need to get as much good pitching as they can if they trade Dunn.

Ok ok,whos the guy deleteing my reputation points?? I was 104 two days ago and now im 92.I hav'nt said nothing wrong so I would really like to know why you are are taking points away from me.

Send me a PM and tell me what im doing wrong.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Aw Christ!!!!! My computer breaks, so I can't come hang out for like a week, and I come back to Dunn trade rumors. Not good.

One thing is for sure, if Dunn is traded the Reds will be cleaning house. You won't know very many players on the field for the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by top6
    This trade would make absolutely no sense and would make the Reds much worse in the long run. Therefore, I'm virtually certain that Dan O'brien is considering it.
    True enough. Big Adam's the kind of guy you build a team around. Fans love watching strapping HR hitters launch majestic shots into the stands. Granted, our starting pitching is abysmal, but you don't just "fix" it by trading away one of the crown jewels.

? - how do we score without dunn. hes our only consistent off player. you could argue against trading kearns and pena, and i dont want to. but they havent proven what dunn has. you know what you are gonna get from dunn and you like it

Where's BigDonkey44?

I think he has inside information. Maybe he can tell us if this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon
    Pujols isn't "way better" than Dunn. Pujols is better than Dunn. But not by nearly the margin you think he is.

You're looking at: HR/BB/AVG/OBP/SLG/OPS

Pujols: [PHP]169 322 .333 .413 .622 1.035 [/PHP]

Dunn: [PHP]129 380 .250 .386 .521 .907 [/PHP]
    Pujols is a better young hitter than Dunn, assuming that the rumors about Pujols's age are untrue. If they both really are 25 years old, then yeah Pujols is better "young" hitter than Dunn.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez
    Fans love watching strapping HR hitters launch majestic shots into the stands.
    With our pitching, we will still get to see that Dunn or no Dunn.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

i doubt this rumor has much validity. However, if Dunn has to go, send him to Florida, they have become my official second favorite team over the past 10 years - this may make them almost even with the Reds.

I have no doubt Dan O is talking about things every day and maybee even put a feeler out with FL for Kearns or Pena and they came back asking for Dunn. Its how many of these things get started (rumors). It probably has little to do with who the Reds are actually looking to trade.

Just my $0.02.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

If we trade one of the top 10 hitters in the game and don't get an ESTABLISHED top notch pitcher then i may become a cubs fan or something. That would be redicuous. This is a rediculous deal i don't care who the prospects are. No prospects are sure bets. Olson is good but no where near the Beckett Willis or Burnett league of pitchers. Hermedia is solid. Stokes strikes out a lot.

Personally i think Ryan Freel is better than Castillo. I think if Freel played 2B full time he'd get a lot better at it defensively. He wouldn't be a gold glover or anything but hed be adequate. Lopez has looked sharp at SS. There is really no need for Castillo.

We'd be getting hosed if this deal went down, no doubt.

Terrible trade, but considering the source I'm not worried it's for real
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    Pujols is a better young hitter than Dunn, assuming that the rumors about Pujols's age are untrue. If they both really are 25 years old, then yeah Pujols is better "young" hitter than Dunn.
    I'm not denying that Pujols is a better hitter than Dunn. I've admitted it. I'm just saying the margin between the two isn't nearly as far as some think it is.

Turn Off Ads?