Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Adam Dunn Trade Rumor!

Re: Adam Dunn Trade Rumor!

I would like to see Willis in a Reds uni but it will take alot more than Kearns to get him from the Marlins.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Also take about 15mill a year to keep him around
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    This very well may be ploy by the Reds to get Adam to work harder. Of course it could backfire too. His work ethic is suspect and has caused a great deal of concern the past two seasons.
    I was kind of hoping that lack of performance would be the reason for not offering a LT deal. However, that doesn't seem to be the case. Some guys have gotten LT deals with little performance at all.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    I was kind of hoping that lack of performance would be the reason for not offering a LT deal. However, that doesn't seem to be the case. Some guys have gotten LT deals with little performance at all.
    Do you feel he is not performing?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Do you feel he is not performing?
    No I was talking about the reasoning by the FO. Not liking a work ehtic will keep you from an LT deal but bad performance won't

If Dunn is traded thats an obvious message to the fans how much obrien and ownership has failed to show that the future is bright and the orginization is progressing in a positive light.

Geez! Isn't there a seminar or something that DOB and DM could go to in order to learn how to run/manage a baseball team? They have them for everything else!

Maybe a "How to Manage a Baseball Team for Dummies" book.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Dunn isnt going anywhere....we can all relax.

Adam Dunn= Cornerstone of the franchise for the next 10+ years

Ears..I wish I believed that, but Dunn will be making a lot of money soon..the Reds hate that
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KearnsyEars
    Dunn isnt going anywhere....we can all relax.

Adam Dunn= Cornerstone of the franchise for the next 10+ years

Agreed. This is a guy that brongs people to the stand and Lindner knows this.

Where are all you coming up with this clubbing to 4am and stuff like that BS. Also playing video games till 4am? Give me a break you guys are just throwing crap around to attempt to make a point.

The fact of the matter is Dunn is the best reds' hitter since Eric Davis. He has had an OBP over .350 since since 2001, over .370 every season but but 1 during that span, he is a threat for 40+ homeruns a year, a .906 career OPS, scores close to 100 runs a year and is probabably a good bet to drive in atleast 100 runs every year. He is also average at the worst in the field. He has shifted from RF, LF, and 1B with minimal complaint (1B he does complain some but still does it)

I have always heard he is a very mellow guy. Love fishing, doesn't like the big city hoopla (quoted n saying that in SI 2 weeks ago.) Also in that magazine article said CIncinnati was perfect for him because of it's size and he wouldn't want to be in a NY market.

So basically the only thing you have on him in BA, which i think is negated by OBP (BA is the most overrated stat in baseball), his K's, sac flies, and video games.
    SO basically you got little...

so why r we considering trading him? Oh yea... because we are the reds

Quote Originally Posted by The_jbh
    Where are all you coming up with this clubbing to 4am and stuff like that BS. Also playing video games till 4am? Give me a break you guys are just throwing crap around to attempt to make a point.

I have always heard he is a very mellow guy. Love fishing, doesn't like the big city hoopla (quoted n saying that in SI 2 weeks ago.) Also in that magazine article said CIncinnati was perfect for him because of it's size and he wouldn't want to be in a NY market.
    I think you may be over reacting. The information in your first paragraph above was provided by an extremely reliable poster who does have inside information.

However, having said that... if you go back and re-read the thread, no one was "throwing crap around" to make a point. Most, if not all, were saying that true or untrue, they didn't see it as a problem. He does work nights after all and still has plenty of time to get his beauty sleep.

One more thing.... just because he fishes doesn't mean he doesn't also like to party. But if his partying doesn't get in the way of his baseball, most don't care. BTW, no one said anything about him clubbing until 4 am.

Relax; no one is spreading crap about Adam.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

LOL! Didn't we cover this today in another thread.

No one (me) is throwing crap around. I share what I know. And when I speculate or guess, I say so. End of story.

Turn Off Ads?