Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Dunn Trade Rumor!

Re: Adam Dunn Trade Rumor!

No thanks!!!!! That would be just stupid to trade away our best power hitter for two prospects and a 2nd baseman that has bad wheels.If anybody is to get traded it should be Kearns,,nothing againist Kearns but Miley simply does'nt want to play him.When Willy comes back Willy will get to play thats why Kearns should be the one traded not Dunn.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Did he say when the trade will be announced?

I will hate this deal unless the Reds receive Jason Vargas, Scott Olsen, and Jeremy Hermida.
    It's only being discussed. I don't think it's even close to being immenent.

Did he say when the trade will be announced?

I will hate this deal unless the Reds receive Jason Vargas, Scott Olsen, and Jeremy Hermida.
    I thought this was just a rumor.

And I'll hate this deal regardless. We get a gift in Dunn (cornerstone for the franchise, Top hitter, fan favorite) and the Reds are going to toss him to the corner of the street.

It was obvious the Reds needed to rebuild, so I'm not shocked they'd be selling off current players (though it still is early), but I'm shocked, and angry, they'd be shopping their best player (who happens to be young), especially for nothing guaranteed (and great) in return.
    That hit was plenty fair. Atleast by a quarter of an inch.
    -Steve Stone

Behind Pujols, he's the best.
    That wasn't the message though. He said Dunn was the best young hitter in baseball.

Pujols is way better than Dunn which is why I said he is a far ways off from being the best since Pujols is in his own league.

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    Wasn't Tracy Jones about to get fired a couple of weeks ago?

(hint: its about the ratings...)
    Kinda like leaving the lid off the trash can to catch a racoon.

Except the trash is easier to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns
    That wasn't the message though. He said Dunn was the best young hitter in baseball.

Pujols is way better than Dunn which is why I said he is a far ways off from being the best since Pujols is in his own league.
    Pujols-Steroids!!
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman
    Pujols-Steroids!!
    We can only hope.

Then if the Reds flipped Castillo for a couple of top prospects. It could be interesting to see who the Reds would get. But like he said it is only a rumor right now and they are a dime a dozen

I'm going to just keep reminding myself that this is just a rumor unless/until we learn otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns

Pujols isn't "way better" than Dunn. Pujols is better than Dunn. But not by nearly the margin you think he is.

You're looking at: HR/BB/AVG/OBP/SLG/OPS

Pujols:
    PHP Code:
    169 322 .333 .413 .622 1.035 
    Dunn:
    PHP Code:
    129 380 .250 .386 .521 .907 
    That hit was plenty fair. Atleast by a quarter of an inch.
    -Steve Stone

I would not be interested in Castillo. If Dunn is traded he better be traded for a top line pitcher. Having said all of that. The Reds need to keep Dunn and hope they can get Baltimore or then Yankees in somewhat of a bidding war for Griffey. Then just take the best possible trade for him.

Maybe the Reds know they can't or are not willing to re-sign Dunn with Jr. on the roster...? A sad, sad thought.

hey i got an idea, lets trade the fans fav player, the best player on your team, one of the best in the league, who is young, for prospects. SMART. IDIOTS. get oboring out of here before he ruins us for good. hes setting our development back a year about every month he stays on board. you trade griffey, then case, then MAYBE kearns or pena. in that order. you DO NOT trade dunn for prospects

Pujols is way better than Dunn. It isn't particularily close. I don't believe in K's being too indicative in a player' performance, but when you K as little as Pujols does, it puts you in your own league. Dunn will always K a lot and Pujols wont which is the biggest difference between the two.

just dont trade kearnsy

Turn Off Ads?