Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Adam Dunn Trade Rumor!

Re: Adam Dunn Trade Rumor!

But I'm a night owl, so that probably warps my perspective.
    She types at 1:15 am

Anyway I agree, he could be snorting lines off the back of strippers like NPH in Harold and Kumar.

Instead he's probably drinking Miller Lite and playing video games until dawn.

Compared to my youth that's Seminary School.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    She types at 1:15 am

Anyway I agree, he could be snorting lines off the back of strippers like NPH in Harold and Kumar.

Instead he's probably drinking Miller Lite and playing video games until dawn.

Compared to my youth that's Seminary School.
    No you guys are all wrong,I say he fish's all night long.Remember he loves his fishing.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

He's 24 years old. Why does he need 8 hours of sleep?
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    He's 24 years old. Why does he need 8 hours of sleep?
    Good point! (actually, he's 25, but it's still a good point)
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I guess I don't fully comprehend the problem of not going to bed until 4 am IF you're playing a night game the next day (and most are night games). He can still get 8 hours of sleep by getting up at noon and still have plenty of time to get to the park by 3 or 4 (what time do they have to be at the park?).

If he's doing this before a day game (of which there are relatively few in the grand scheme), then I would see it as a problem.

Agreed.

Not everyone goes to sleep at 9, waking up at 5 a.m to fill out the New York Times crossword puzzle.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    No reason to trade one of the young guys during the season, now if somebody wanted Casey or Jr that would be different.
    Provided the 4 OFs and Casey remain relatively healthy and produce, I wouldn't be averse to waiting until the offseason to deal one. It worked in 1987. Granted, the Reds were in contention and really couldn't deal Stillwell or Parker.

Jr's injury history notwithstanding, DanO is sitting in the catbird's seat right now. Whether or not he can consumate a deal similar to the afforementioned '87 offseason deals is a legitimate concern.

Why rush?
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life
    Any deal for Dunn should ONLY include pitchers. The Reds need to get as much good pitching as they can if they trade Dunn.
    That may be true if your goal is merely a playoff appearence. But not if you are trying to build a championship-caliber club.

Given the overall lack of talent and depth within the organization, pitchers as well as positional players, the focus should be on accumulating as much talent as possible, regardless of position.

That was the mistake John Allen and company made during the 2003 firesale, as well as settling for cash considerations, of course. DanO did the same thing with
    Reitsma, though I still like that trade better than the Williamson trade.

We need pitching, no doubt. But the cycle of reaching for pitchers at the expense of more talented players at other positions, which could be re-dealt for quality pitching, needs to be broken.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 05-16-2005 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I guess I don't fully comprehend the problem of not going to bed until 4 am IF you're playing a night game the next day (and most are night games). He can still get 8 hours of sleep by getting up at noon and still have plenty of time to get to the park by 3 or 4 (what time do they have to be at the park?).

If he's doing this before a day game (of which there are relatively few in the grand scheme), then I would see it as a problem.

It's probably what he is doing until 4:00 AM, not that he is up until 4:00 AM.

I guess sometimes these guys that have had natural talent all their "careers" (high school, college) think of this as the same type of thing. Everything will come easy to them so why put in the extra effort. It will come back to bite them eventually. I'm not talking just Dunn, I have no idea what he does off the field. In general though I wonder if lots of young players go through a stage...some grow up and come out of it, others end up like "the players that could have been". Sometimes I think of our younger players as some kind of fraternity (and all that that entails)

I also hope they don't trade him, Creek would become a fan of the other team, pack up and move to another city...it just would not be pretty. :

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

How do we even know Dunn wants to negotiate for long term? Perhaps he has made it known his intentions are to not even bother negotiating for a LT contract with the Reds but test the waters at the end of the season? Its his gamble but all the chips are in his corner. He already makes your typical MLB general manager drool even if he ends up with just 25 homers this year. His presense is known and he doesnt have to settle with perennial loser teams.

Perhaps Dunn sees exactly what we see in the Reds FO? He sees no light at the end of the tunnel and any vmail left by DanO is scoffed at and Dunn gets back to playing PS2?

Picture yourself being a slugger that is hitting hrs daily. You are playing for the Pittsburgh Pirates and you KNOW the league looks at you eagerly for the moment you hit the free agent market. Would you stay in Pitt or look for playing either for your hometown team or to a team most likely to end up in post season? You wont have to ask me twice, Pittsburgh aint my scene.

Maybe Dunn feels the same?

Dunn is young, talented, has his whole future ahead of him...why should he limit himself to only one option.

Cruisin' for trouble

From what Team Clark is relaying, it sounds like the front office is holding off on a long-term deal until Adam shows the work ethic.

I think Adam is perhaps the best Reds player to come along since Eric Davis. But if he's not willing to put in the time to continue improving, I think the Reds are right for exploring other avenues now, while his value is at a high.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    No, I don't think he would be dissapointed. How could he be?

I was inferring that the Reds are frustrated with his work ethic and have employed many different methods to get him motivated. None have worked. .
    career OPS of .907 and he's not "motivated".

if the Reds actually believe this, then I have zero hope for the franchise.

When OB hits .907 on his free agent acquisitions he can speak of other's work ethic.

DanO has neither the pesonality nor the skills to run a major league ball club. He seems to be paralyzed by indecision for the most part. He reminds of the classic management failure because he is afraid to make a decision. Any and almost every situation is allowed to become OBE.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    If the Marlins offered Scott Olsen, Jeremy Hermida, Josh Johnson, Josh Willingham, and Luis Castillo for Adam Dunn, Jiminez, and some minor league fodder I think I'd have to pull the trigger.
    I was thinking the same thing as I read through this thread. FLA (anyone) would really have to wow me to get Dunn. But this would probably do it.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

WOY.. LOL! How can I argue with that? Clean living only gets you 30% of the HOF vote.

Turn Off Ads?