Turn Off Ads?

Thread: "It's tough to hide a 10-foot weenie"

"It's tough to hide a 10-foot weenie"

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/irr...36/detail.html

Police Search For Stolen Giant Wiener
    Smiling Dog Has Welcomed Customers For 18 Months

ROCK HILL, S.C. -- Police are looking for a hot dog that's really hot -- as in stolen.

A sign featuring a giant wiener has gone missing from the Ebenezer Grill. But investigators believe the suspects should be easy to spot.

"It's tough to hide a 10-foot weenie," Rock Hill police Lt. Jerry Waldrop said.

The smiling hot dog has welcomed customers for the past 18 months, after owner Loyd Ardrey bought it to replace the aging dog that sat atop the roof for years.

When Ardrey arrived around 6 a.m. Wednesday, the 30-pound aluminum sign was gone.

"I figured, well, maybe it blew off because we had some storms last night. We looked around, and it wasn't in any yards next door or across the street or anything," Ardrey said.

If he has to, Ardrey said he will buy another sign. He's thinking about offering a reward, but isn't sure if he should give out money or hot dogs.

"I just want my weenie back," Ardrey said.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: "It's tough to hide a 10-foot weenie"

"I just want my weenie back," Ardrey said

John Wayne Bobbit says "hi".
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

So many jokes, so little time.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

"It's tough to hide a 10-foot weenie," Rock Hill police Lt. Jerry Waldrop said.
    Tell me about it...

My little sister was born in Rock Hill.

Another article with even more quotes like ...

"Do you know where the big weenie is?"

ROCK HILL - Ebenezer Grill owner Loyd Ardrey got a shock Wednesday morning when he discovered that his big weenie was missing.

Someone made off with the 12-foot-long smiling hot dog sign that proclaims the name of his restaurant at 1525 Ebenezer Road.

Ardrey said the 35-pound aluminum sign had been sitting atop the roof as usual when he left the restaurant around 4 p.m. on Tuesday. But it was nowhere to be found when he arrived at 6 a.m. Wednesday.

"The first thing I noticed (was) that thing was gone," Ardrey said. "I figured, well, maybe it blew off because we had some storms last night. We looked around, and it wasn't in any yards next door or across the street or anything."

So Ardrey called the police to report the sign stolen.

"That thing had a lot of screws in it, and it was evident that the screws had been taken out," said Lt. Jerry Waldrop, with the Rock Hill police.

Ardrey said he suspects that some college or high school students took the sign as a prank or fraternity initiation.

"I'm expecting some mother to go out in the yard or in the garage and say, `Hey, you've got to take this sign back,' " he said. "I'm hoping that's what happens."

A hot dog sign has marked the Ebenezer Road restaurant for years, Ardrey said, even before he bought the restaurant a little less than two years ago. He said he'd spent $750 to replace the previous sign with a similar reclining hot dog after he'd been there for half a year.

"People refer to it around here," he said. "We've got a lot of professional offices nearby, and they use that when people are asking how to get to their office. They'll say, "Do you know where the big weenie is?' "

Stealing the sign is considered petty larceny, which could mean a maximum sentence of 30 days in jail or a $1,000 fine, according to Rock Hill police.

"I don't want to get some kid in trouble," Ardrey said. "If they're sorry and it comes back in good condition, I wouldn't press charges. Saying I'm sorry goes a long way with me."

Ardrey said he'll buy another sign if it doesn't turn up. He's also planning to offer a reward for it, though he said he's not sure what.

"It depends on what condition the sign is in and who brings it in," he said. "If they want money, I'll give them money. If they want hot dogs, I'll give them hot dogs.

"I just want my weenie back."

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

"I just want my weenie back."
    The theme song to the "Married Dudes Club of America"
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

If you play your cards wrong, you can take me home tonight
    You've got all the makings of my future ex-wife.
    I've got three bucks, my credit sucks, and my future dont look too bright.
    If you play your cards wrong, you can take me home tonight.

Some say im dishonest, and a lazy no good slob.
    I've got no house, I've got no car, I cant keep a job
    But I've got a big heart, and another part, take me home you'll understand.
    Because my genetalia looks like a Pringles can.

-Rodney Carrington
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?