Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Just saw Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith

Re: Just saw Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith

Yet another source on a new prequel to the prequels:

http://doubleagent.com/article.php?a=697

Just when you thought that George Lucas was serious when he said he was done with the Star Wars series, fans may pleasantly surprised. It is being said that a seventh installment is being planned.

Lucas had previously stated that Revenge of the Sith was to be the last. However, it looks like he has changed his mind and is currently developing a prequel to The Phantom Menace.An movie insider has revealed: “George believes there are even more stories to tell. His latest idea would feature an almost all-new cast, apart from the Jedi master Yoda, who would be the hero of the new movie.”

The film in question would be set 100 years earlier than the current movies.
    If Lucas made Yoda the hero, it would be a popular move with Star Wars fans.Yoda, voiced by Frank Oz, is the one who trained Luke Skywalker to defeat Darth Vadar and is considered to be a cult hero among devotees.

It has been said that since Lucas doesn’t need the money after the success of the first six films, he will try to take a back seat throughout the latest film’s production.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    bomarl1969

I feel that Mace Windu was a major determining factor in Anakin's "switch" to the Dark Side. Master Windu never respected Anakin and he took it personally when he didn't receive the title of Master in E3. I know the main reason for the switch was to save Padme (or at least he thought) but I feel that Windu didn't help matters none.

They made a big deal of disabling the thingee that would lure all the Jedi back to the temple. So are there other Jedi left?

What I'd like to see isn't a prequel but a movie between III and IV -- basically the formation of the Rebel Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo
    They made a big deal of disabling the thingee that would lure all the Jedi back to the temple. So are there other Jedi left?

What I'd like to see isn't a prequel but a movie between III and IV -- basically the formation of the Rebel Alliance.
    Bail Organa formed the Rebel Alliance at the end of III

The post episode VI books (Zahn, et al) indicate that Palpatine was pretty effective in his eradication of the jedi. There was an insane jedi clone that Luke discovered on some planet in Zahn's Thrawn trilogy I believe, but no mention of any (other) surviving jedi.

Episode 3.5 sounds good
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Episode 3.5 sounds good
    That's what the tv series mentioned earlier in the thread is going to be.

Yes I know..I don't think it's such a hot idea..should be a movie.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    Actually, he just formed his cell of it. The Rebel Alliance is an alliance of smaller individual rebel cells. The Rebels in A New Hope were part of Organa's cell. It wasn't until Episode VI that all the various cells got together under one command, though they'd been working together all along.

Expanded Universe sources tell the story of the three main rebel leaders, Organa, Mon Mothma, and Senator Garm Bel Ellis forming the Rebel Alliance with the Corellian Treaty, though Bel Ellis eventually pulled his faction out when Mon Mothma kept taking more and more control, especially after Organa was killed when the Death Star destroyed his planet.

Lot's of interesting things to keep us going for years.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Yes I know..I don't think it's such a hot idea..should be a movie.
    Personally, I think a series is a great idea. That's a lot of time to fill in a two hour movie. A 22 episode per season series would be awesome.

It also can end up with continuity violations all over the place, if it has to be a tv series it should be short, 12 episodes.
    Go Gators!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ochre

The post episode VI books (Zahn, et al) indicate that Palpatine was pretty effective in his eradication of the jedi. There was an insane jedi clone that Luke discovered on some planet in Zahn's Thrawn trilogy I believe, but no mention of any (other) surviving jedi.
    The dedication to the expanded universe of Star Wars material by Lucas has been spotty at best thus far...

See: Boba Fett's origin, Stormtroopers as clones, methodology of creating clones, the Jedi order's bans on relationships, etc...
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    The dedication to the expanded universe of Star Wars material by Lucas has been spotty at best thus far...

See: Boba Fett's origin, Stormtroopers as clones, methodology of creating clones, the Jedi order's bans on relationships, etc...
    Additionally, the ability of some Jedi to disappear after dying, while others do not. That was supposed to be explained in E3 but was not.

Additionally, the ability of some Jedi to disappear after dying, while others do not. That was supposed to be explained in E3 but was not.
    I thought it was.

Qui-Gon Ginn discovered how to do it. He trained Yoda, and Yoda trained Kenobi.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    I thought it was.

Qui-Gon Ginn discovered how to do it. He trained Yoda, and Yoda trained Kenobi.
    Yeah, I forgot about that (it was a line in passing toward the ending of the movie). That makes sense.

I believe Anakin did bring balance to the force through his fathering of Luke. Without Luke, Vader would have continued his evil ways along side the Emperor.

Luke was a "conduit" that Anakin/Vader needed to bring balance back.

Turn Off Ads?