Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Just saw Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith

Re: Just saw Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith

Just got back.

Good movie. Very good movie.

One thing that surprised me was how important the Cartoon Network's "Clone Wars" series was to this story. If you haven't seen it, you'll miss out on a lot of plot points in "Revenge of the Sith", especially where General Grievous (hack, wheeze) is concerned.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

I loved it. Great fights and a fantastic job by the cast.

I think when you are seeing a big movie like this its awesome to go to those 12:01 showings. The crowd is just into it and it makes it pretty cool.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27
    I loved it. Great fights and a fantastic job by the cast.

I think when you are seeing a big movie like this its awesome to go to those 12:01 showings. The crowd is just into it and it makes it pretty cool.
    It's equally cool to go see a movie that's so bad, people get up and leave. Hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan
    On my VHS copy he most certainly gets off a shot. It's almost simultaneous.
    Blasphamy! Han shot Greedo in cold blood
    Go Gators!

Great, great movie.

ws1990reds

I'm old-fashioned. Pass.

I thought it was great on the whole. George Lucas should never ever write any love dialog again for the rest of his life, though.

Some cool "cameos" (though not played by their original actors, of course, since alot of them have passed).
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    I worked as projectionist in HS and this sort of thing was commom practice on the nights before openings, we'd have a big party and screen the film for problems. Other theaters did it and we would go to theirs and they would come to ours.
    I worked as a projectionist over the summers when I was in college; they actually paid me to attend those "screening parties" to make sure nothing was wrong with the film and sign off an "inspection report" that certified the film wasn't spliced incorrectly and that the condition was satisfactory.

By far, my favorite job that I've ever had.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

As for "Episode III: Revenge of the Sith", I was one of the idiots who lined up at midnight down at Newport on the Levee. Absolutely loved it.

I thought there were several scenes that were just flat-out better than anything Lucas has ever directed before, and I thought this movie (for the first time in the new trilogy) succeeded because it grounded itself in questions of good and evil as opposed to the admittedly boring political squabbling that have tainted the last two films.

I plan on seeing it again at some point. That's something I really haven't said in a while about a movie.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

bomarl1969

Best of the first 3. The only part of the movie I didn't like was the cheesy nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo by Vader. Kudos for Lucas for not letting Jar Jar Binks have one single line in the movie. I wish that he would keep making Star Wars movies kinda like James Bond movies. They never get old and tons of people love them.

The only part of the movie I didn't like was the cheesy nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo by Vader.
    I agree. I had a hard time keeping from laughing at that.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Did any of you cry?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Did any of you cry?
    I didn't see any reason to.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    I didn't see any reason to.
    Lucas and Spielberg both said that this was a tearjerker and that many would cry at it.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I've been reading the book. It is a very tragic and emotional story. I'll probably cry, but then I cry at everything.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    I agree. I had a hard time keeping from laughing at that.
    Like father like son.

Mark Hammill's "Nooooooooooooo!" line in The Empire Strikes Back does it's best to derail the scene it is in as well (can't though, just too awesome a revelation moment).
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Turn Off Ads?