Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Game Thread 5-18-05 Reds vs Mets: (No Kearns)

Re: Game Thread 5-18-05 Reds vs Mets: (No Kearns)

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg75
    wv packman -- perhaps you haven't seen the games graves has been in -- of every apperance he only really has had one good outing and that was after his 7 run debacle and wasn't a save chance. He just doesn't have the arm strength and the real reason for doing it is he's a whining crybaby -- not the only one but the lead cry baby if you will. That's why he must go. I don't use bad language on this board for fear of being duck walked to the gas chamber but mark my works ... Graves Stinks.
    I have watched almost everygame and im not saying that he should'nt be the bad guy after every lose.Im saying that he did'nt stink it up like some poster was saying he had all season long.You and I both know that he was 9-9 in saves.Yes it was interesting when he came in but he got the job done.Yes he is to blame for the bad start of the season but everybody else that is on that is in the Reds dugout team is to blame.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman
    I agree completely with you he never could hardly do anything but get get with the ball.He sure can't stop the ball when the pitchers throw it in the dirt.

ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!!
    Thank you for replying. I just think the ability to call a game and have the support of the catcher is lacking. Valentin is definately a better choice of the two, but could use someone who can make solid contact at the plate with runners in scoring position. How many times has LaRue been the won striking out in these situations?

I don't care what the save % was at one point....he sucked. His stats have not supported him being anything other than a meat tosser the entire season. In most of his outings, the only thing he had on his side to overcome his 84 mph, waist high cheese was luck. Now he doesn't have that any longer and his gross incompetence is glaring.

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg75
    wv packman -- perhaps you haven't seen the games graves has been in -- of every apperance he only really has had one good outing and that was after his 7 run debacle and wasn't a save chance. He just doesn't have the arm strength and the real reason for doing it is he's a whining crybaby -- not the only one but the lead cry baby if you will. That's why he must go. I don't use bad language on this board for fear of being duck walked to the gas chamber but mark my works ... Graves Stinks.
    Ever since that 9 run giveway. Graves will have no more confidence. You can tell by looking at him that when he is up there that everyone is on their toes. I honestly can't imagine what Linder feels like right now. Seeing leads escape, no team moral, graves should be left to doing mop up work in the bullpen. I think that way if we have to, drag him out for the rest of the season and have someone else step up and take over as closer. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by CincyFan
    Thank you for replying. I just think the ability to call a game and have the support of the catcher is lacking. Valentin is definately a better choice of the two, but could use someone who can make solid contact at the plate with runners in scoring position. How many times has LaRue been the won striking out in these situations?
    Valentin,is'nt going to help us much either hes just as bad batting wise,but a little better defensively.Thats why we need to go get somebody or bring that young kid up from Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman
    Valentin,is'nt going to help us much either hes just as bad batting wise,but a little better defensively.Thats why we need to go get somebody or bring that young kid up from Louisville.
    True. I like that he is a switch hitter, thats about all. But I think sardinha should get a call up, or the other catcher in AAA (forget his name). I am pretty sure AAA's pitching is doing well in part cause of the catcher

I can't think of one good reason to run that guy out there other than in a mop up role as you said. He won't be closing or setting up next year - let those who have at least a remote possibility of gaining those roles do it instead.

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio
    I don't care what the save % was at one point....he sucked. His stats have not supported him being anything other than a meat tosser the entire season. In most of his outings, the only thing he had on his side to overcome his 84 mph, waist high cheese was luck. Now he doesn't have that any longer and his gross incompetence is glaring.
    Thats your opinion and I respect it,I just hope you can respect mine??

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio
    I can't think of one good reason to run that guy out there other than in a mop up role as you said. He won't be closing or setting up next year - let those who have at least a remote possibility of gaining those roles do it instead.

I know it will be a hit to the payroll by keeping a guy with a 3 plus million dollar contract, but it will be better in the longer run like you are saying to have guys step up and become more experienced, and at least give a boost to the back of the bullpen. Also it will keep from me pacing back and forth in the room hoping for 3 outs

Turn Off Ads?