Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs Mets 5/18/05

Re: Reds vs Mets 5/18/05

Quote Originally Posted by Crash Davis
    If you remember, I was a fairly outspoken critic of Bob Boone's style. But I always said that he knew what he was doing. There were good reasons for his decisions...he just couldn't stop himself from making decisions all throughout the game and constantly changing his mind.

But Dave Miley's performance this season is horrific. I'm not sure he knows what he's doing. He certainly doesn't know which direction this ballclub is going. He's not following any plan whatsoever. And he's shown not only a preferance for veterans over developing talent, but what's worse, a preferance for poor baseball players who happened to have been good at one point in their careers.

I'm about to pop a vein in my forehead just thinking about the job he's done this year.
    I completely agree. I'm fairly certain, he has no idea what he's doing. That's the awful part. This team, if the lineup was constructed correctly, could be much more "dangerous" than what it is. Unfortunately, with what I've seen of Miley's decisions so far this year, it will never realize that potential.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy
    Exactly. Looks like the lineup which just put up a 12 spot against the Phillies 4 days ago, except Dunn was of course relegated to the #5 spot in favor of Randa that day (uggh). Apparently any veteran, experienced bat, even one with a Juan Castroesque OPS (.679) like Sean Casey, is preferable in the #3 spot to one of the league's most potent On Base and Slugging machines. There is a reason that Adam Dunn has been walked in 22 of his 66 Plate Appearances with Runners on Base. Miley has found a way to both undermine Dunn's OBP translating into runs, and to negate his ability to drive runners in with his EBH Power. It's hard to miss the mark that badly.
    It's maddening. His lineups are the most non-sensical constructions you've ever seen. How does he come to these conclusions? Has he forgotten all he's known about how baseball teams score runs? Has he ever known? Does he even have access to the same information we do? If so, he snubs it with glee.

I think I'm going to hurl.

Dave Miley looks at the splits for this year when thinking DJ, tosses aside the RH Kearns vs the LH Glavine.. a guy that gets hurt by LH's and has this line in his first 15 pitches and then 16-30.

ERA K/9 BA
    21.60 4.20 .471
    12.00 1.83 .217

I bet the Reds sacrifice if they get a runner in the 1st inning.

You can see it when Casey isn't out there...lost...no direction...no butt slapping...no giggles...I mean, that's what the game is all about...oh yea, no pitches pile drived into the dirt in front of home plate en route to the second baseman, either :thumbdown
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

It grinds my gears to see Kearns on the bench. The kid is a pure talent but Miley has it in for him. Sit DJ. Let Freel play 2B and lead off -- I have no problem with that. But Freel does not belong in RF which is reserved for a player with a strong and accurate arm. We've seen him throw. Freel will be lucky to record an OF assist this year -- and if he has, I missed it.

With WMP and RA out of the lineup, Miley has been given the gift of a no-brainer decision! Yet he convolutes things. I just don't see how there could be this many variations on the lineup theme. Stick to one!!!

1- Freel 2B
    2- Lopez SS
    3- Junior CF
    4- Dunn LF
    5- Kearns RF
    6- Casey 1B
    7- Randa 3B
    8- LaRue C
    9- BP Thrower

Sigh...
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    I bet the Reds sacrifice if they get a runner in the 1st inning.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I may sacrifice something if they do that.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Freel Grounds out, FeLo K's
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Freel leads off and grounds out to 2B.
    Lopez K's swinging.

2 out, Casey up
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Casey doubles

S. Casey ground rule double to deep right

Griffey up to the plate.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    Casey doubles
    Sure he does that now with no one on....
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Casey got one Glavine left too far inside (as Casey's been trying to pull everything lately, not the wisest location to come into with 2 strikes) and rips it to the warning track for a GR Double. Nice hitting by Casey for a change, and a chance for Griff or Dunn a chance to convert.

Junior lines out to center. 0-0 Mid 1st.

First two fly out against Milton.

None on two out for Cameron
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?