Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Reds vs Mets 5/18/05

Re: Reds vs Mets 5/18/05

I hold out some faith, based on the Marlins of a couple seasons ago, but in order for that to happen there needs to be changes and in a hurry. If the current situation continues without changes at Manager, Closer, and starting rotation then they will lose the 106 games they are on pace to lose.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis
    What a disastrous season.

Over by May 18th.

This team was not that bad.

Miley is such an idiot that he couldn't recognize before the season began that Aurilia was worthless, that Freel should start everyday, that Pena should have started every day. He is truly lacking brain cells that the rest of the human race has in their head.

Yet, his brain seems to be tied to something common with the management of this club because he wasn't fired before being allowed to tank the entire season.
    Don't hold back ED, tell us how you really feel
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

As of right now, only Kansas City has more losses (28) than the Reds.

Tampa has just as many (26), and Colorado is close behind with 25.

What's the top of the 2006 draft look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis
    What a disastrous season.

Over by May 18th.

This team was not that bad.

Miley is such an idiot that he couldn't recognize before the season began that Aurilia was worthless, that Freel should start everyday, that Pena should have started every day. He is truly lacking brain cells that the rest of the human race has in their head.

Yet, his brain seems to be tied to something common with the management of this club because he wasn't fired before being allowed to tank the entire season.
    Thats what they want you to think- Lindner and his crew. Do you really think it would make one cotton picking difference if Aurilia started everyday or if Freel played from the beginning. Or who the manager is? Come on. We have a 5.70 ERA . Sparky coulnd't win with these guys. This organization is incompetent, and it starts way above Miley, like at the top.

did you see the update in the new york times saying British researchers have found that red increases the chances of winning, and that the researchers must not be following the Cincinnati Reds.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/18/sc...nd-red.html?hp
    Last edited by 37red; 05-18-2005 at 04:48 PM.

Headline and lead paragraph for an article in the NY Times:

The Color of Victory Is Red, Scientists Say

Wearing red increases the chance of victory in sports, say British researchers who clearly do not follow the Cincinnati Reds.

LOL 37Red

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat

Wearing red increases the chance of victory in sports, say British researchers who clearly do not follow the Cincinnati Reds.

LOL 37Red
    That's just mean
    Go Gators!

I wouldn't have been surprised if the Enquirer put that little spot up tomorrow, but even in the times. I wonder, does this discredit the report......... hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan
    As of right now, only Kansas City has more losses (28) than the Reds.

Tampa has just as many (26), and Colorado is close behind with 25.

What's the top of the 2006 draft look like?
    Pretty good actually, there's some quality college arms coming down the pike Andrew Miller and Daniel Bard of UNC, Dallas Buck of Oregon State, Ian Kennedy of USC and Wade LeBlanc of Alabama top the list. Miller's probably the best of the bunch.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat

LOL 37Red
    Maybe they'll can the black!

Soon the only color left will be black......... for the funeral of this season for the reds.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Pretty good actually, there's some quality college arms coming down the pike Andrew Miller and Daniel Bard of UNC, Dallas Buck of Oregon State, Ian Kennedy of USC and Wade LeBlanc of Alabama top the list. Miller's probably the best of the bunch.
    I'm probably going to go watch Dallas Buck this weekend as the Beavers play the Trojans. How about that for a headline? Make up your own.

It'd be great if Kennedy was facing Buck on the same day.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Turn Off Ads?