Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumors: Everybody's getting fired and Bowa will do it all consolidated thread

Re: Miley and Coaching staff will be fired Sunday

Should DanO be next to go?

2. Turn Off Ads?

I've kind of liked Bowa on BB Tonight, but he still my very most hated player of all time after all those philly vs. reds playoff series during the 70's. I'm not sure how easy it would to embrace another philly, especially Bowa, after enduring Boone already.

Although.... maybe the Reds could benefit from having a manager that will hog so much of the spotlight keeping it off the players themselves. Let's face it, Dave Miley is about as compelling a news story as a sale on tube socks at big lots. He's practically invisible.
    School's out. What did you expect?

if this happens to be true, Danny Graves is out as closer for sure.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I think it's too early to give up on Miley.

But if he is fired you can keep all your talk about bringing in a new "Coach"
    This aint football or hoops, They call 'em Managers in Baseball

Please--Miley is a good manager--this team, because of past horrors, has an us against them attitude: they distrust management, they have contempt for the fans, and they hold their playstation buddies in higher esteem than the coaching staff. Breakup the "friends" of '99 and we'll be getting somewhere. Lousy management and coaching in the last five years has fostered a cloistered and ignorant team, that can do nothing but "love each other" in tough times. This clubhouse needs to be broken up and re-molded, not catered to. Can you believe Danny Graves was considered a team leader and invited to a dinner by Dan O as such? C'mon, he's a lousy pitcher with a PR problem. And please, Danny was not the beginning of all that: Aaron Boone's profanity and profane getures toward the fans when he was in a slump (and I'll bet there were some five year olds in eyesight of that) was a telltale sign of the effite '99 team. All heart and no professionalism. If they aren't being cheered and praised constantly, they get knocked of the rails. Weak. PURGE THEM.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

ahhhhhhhhhhhh...rumours are like you the "family friend" which hung around your house when your were young...the one nobody wanted.
    Nobody knows where they came from, they always seem to be around, they pop up at the most inopportune time, and they usually end up being full of the biggest bunch of bull to be found anywhere.

sorry, but i will only believe it when i read it from an official source.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Johnson
    My sourses tell me that Miley and the entire coaching staff will be fired after Sunday's game. Larry Bowa has been contacted and told to put together a coaching staff. He has not agreed to the two year deal offered, he want's a three year deal...developing....
    Yes, my sources are telling me the same thing! My sources are telling me that Bowa's staff will be filled out by Greg Luzinski, Garry Maddox, Bake McBride, Manny Trillo, and Steve Carlton. Oh, and 81-year-old Danny Ozark will be Bowa's bench coach. My sources are telling me that the new coaching staff will insist that the Reds wear powder blue uniforms during road games.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    Yes, my sources are telling me the same thing! My sources are telling me that Bowa's staff will be filled out by Greg Luzinski, Garry Maddox, Bake McBride, Manny Trillo, and Steve Carlton. Oh, and 81-year-old Danny Ozark will be Bowa's bench coach. My sources are telling me that the new coaching staff will insist that the Reds wear powder blue uniforms during road games.
    OK, you had me until the power blue uniform line. Graves would never agree to that .
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan
    OK, you had me until the power blue uniform line. Graves would never agree to that .
    But wouldn't he look just so darling in the power blue. :ughmamoru

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman
    I hope this is a joke b/c it would be foolish to fire Miley this early in the season.I did'nt like when they fired Tony Perez in just 44 games and I sure won't like it if they fire Miley like that.
    The fish hired Jack Mac the 3rd week of May in '03, and they won it all.

However, Firing Miley and the coaches at any point of the season would be mute. The problem is much higher up than them.

Jim Leyland is available. Why go for Larry Bowa. Leyland could possibly be another Jack Mckeon

Fire Miley, hire Davey Johnson or Larry Dierker!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse
    Please--Miley is a good manager--this team, because of past horrors, has an us against them attitude: they distrust management, they have contempt for the fans, and they hold their playstation buddies in higher esteem than the coaching staff. Breakup the "friends" of '99 and we'll be getting somewhere. Lousy management and coaching in the last five years has fostered a cloistered and ignorant team, that can do nothing but "love each other" in tough times. This clubhouse needs to be broken up and re-molded, not catered to. Can you believe Danny Graves was considered a team leader and invited to a dinner by Dan O as such? C'mon, he's a lousy pitcher with a PR problem. And please, Danny was not the beginning of all that: Aaron Boone's profanity and profane getures toward the fans when he was in a slump (and I'll bet there were some five year olds in eyesight of that) was a telltale sign of the effite '99 team. All heart and no professionalism. If they aren't being cheered and praised constantly, they get knocked of the rails. Weak. PURGE THEM.
    Without passing judgment on the post or its sources...if that should come to pass, I would be fine with it. I am not hugest Bowa fan, but someone with a little fire in that dugout would be nice to see for a change. Maybe he could yell at O'Brien too...

If the Reds do choose to fire Miley in-season, I would hope that they go the 'interim manager' route. The last thing I want to see them do is hire some unemployed retread just so they can have a 'name' in the dugout. I'd much rather see them wait until the offseason when there are more managerial candidates available, especially among the ranks of the guys who are on their way up rather than just hanging on.

I doubt this would happen. Why wait for Sunday. Pull the trigger now ! Bowa would not be the guy BUT Jim Leyland. I think he has the right "moxie (as someone said the Reds needed)" to turn this team around. Pitching included

Turn Off Ads?