Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumors: Everybody's getting fired and Bowa will do it all consolidated thread

Dr. Johnson

Rumors: Everybody's getting fired and Bowa will do it all consolidated thread

My sourses tell me that Miley and the entire coaching staff will be fired after Sunday's game. Larry Bowa has been contacted and told to put together a coaching staff. He has not agreed to the two year deal offered, he want's a three year deal...developing....
    Last edited by Dr. Johnson; 05-18-2005 at 12:40 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Re: Miley and Coaching staff will be fired Sunday

I heard it was Monday.

I've never been particularly a fan of Bowa's.

Rem

2 posts with insider info....

Interesting rumor though. If they were going to fire Miley, why not just do it before the homestand and at least give the fans something to get remotely excited about.

Dr. Johnson

Bowa is the only coach out there, he is "hardnose"! That is what we need, someone to get into their face and fire them up!

Bowa? You got to be kidding me? Is it April's Fools day again?

Who are guys and how do you know? I'd love the move, and I'm sorry for my skepticism, but I've heard worse rumors here.
    For Love of the Game

"If you aren't first; you're last"

no way...gut this team

They call me "chef"

I was just joking. I don't know if the first guy was though.

I hope this is a joke b/c it would be foolish to fire Miley this early in the season.I did'nt like when they fired Tony Perez in just 44 games and I sure won't like it if they fire Miley like that.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Dr. Johnson, if you are going to post information like this, it would be prudent to give a bit more information, such as how you got this information and why we should trust that you are telling the truth.

I dislike Bowa a WHOLE LOT. That said, I think it's better than what we have. A strong armed pilot would at least offer perspective to the team - if nothing else, for them to band against him. A guy like him would also stand up to higher ups because he's "been there and done that". I only wish it was an interim situation. He'll end up messing all of us up (and the Reds of course ) by the end of the year. Just my immediate thoughts about this, if it becomes true.

To bad the Reds lost out on the chance of landing Jim Tracy, he has to be one of the most underrated coaches out there. I know it is the Dodgers, with the whole big market perspective.. but there was a lot of criticism going into this season with the moves DePodesta made. Fact is he has done nothing but put together four consecutive winning seasons.. and on pace for his fifth.
    "As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves." - Ken Griffey Jr.

Dr. Johnson, hmmmmm..... And just what do you purport to be a Doctor of if I may be so BOLD ???

:fineprint

Bowa?

We already had him..when he was named Bob Boone
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?