Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumors: Everybody's getting fired and Bowa will do it all consolidated thread

Re: Miley and Coaching staff will be fired Sunday

I for one would like to see them give Miley a fair shot, BUT, if that rumor turns out to be true, I wouldn't be against it.

Something HAS to be done. This team is WAYYY to talented to be playing like this. Maybe they need someone, like Bowa, to come in and fire these guys up. Dan Patrick says it all the time, if you have a players coach, then you go to a hard-nosed disciplinarian.

Let's Face it, yes, the biggest problems with the team are upstairs, but they aren't going anywhere. DanO is too cheap, plus, as much as we all criticize him, its only year two. We have to give him more time. ANd Lindner wants to be the "king" of Cincy, so as long as he's breathing he will hold the team.

Go Reds!!!!
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. That’s the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

2. Turn Off Ads?

No amount of 'moxie' is going to revive the Reds pitching staff. Their problem is not that they are are short of moxie, it's that they are short on talent. 'Moxie' isn't going to make an 88 mph straight fastball any less crushable.

U probably are right about talent vs Moxie. But lets start pitching more aggressively inside and if we hit a few people a good basebrawl may shake things up. Our pitchers are so hittable. Still could start pitching for the corners and not through the heart of the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11
    Let's Face it, yes, the biggest problems with the team are upstairs
    Last I checked, DanO has yet to give up a gopherball, Lindner has yet to make an error, and John Allen has yet to hit into a GIDP. The problem with the Reds is there is a lack of talent between the lines, mainly on that raised circle of dirt on the middle of the infield.

The front office bears responsibility for assembling this group of bums, but it is the bums themselves that are racking up the losses.
    Last edited by Steve4192; 05-18-2005 at 10:04 AM.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

That would be great!!

The more I listen to Bowa on XM every morning, the more I think he might be able to at least make things entertaining for a while. I say it's worth a shot, but only if the coaching staff goes with him.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192
    Last I checked, DanO has yet to give up a gopherball, Lindner has yet to make an error, and John Allen has yet to hit into a GIDP. The problem with the Reds is there is a lack of talent on between the lines, mainly on that raised circle of dirt on the middle of the infield.

The front office bears responsibility for assembling this group of bums, but it is the bums themselves that are racking up the losses.

good point, but, what is the situation in the minors? The team is not devoloping players. They are great in the minors, but bomb in the big leagues. I like DanO's 75 pitch count 8-man 4-day rotation, but it is too early to call.

the scouting dept is in shambles. Every draft pick the Reds have made in the last few years, since kearns and dunn, have been disappointments. Yes injuries have played a role, but a good scout should be able to tell by mechanichs which players are more injury-prone. and Who was the idiot who took Jeremy Sowers?? when he said BEFORE the draft that he was going to Vanderbilt.(probably Bowden)

Every time the Reds change Managers, the coaching staff changes as well. All except for one man Don Gullett. He needs to go, he has not devoloped a pitcher in a LONG,LONG time. its time someone in the front office wakes up and sees that.

Maybe you are right. Maybe I am, who knows?? all I care about is getting the Reds back where they belong, and I think it starts in the front office.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. That’s the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Davey Johnson, very intresting. I think that would actually be a good manager to have...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems.. ~Homer J Simpson~

Personally, I think its time for change. DanO didn't want Miley to start with. The way I see it, if Miley is fired, and DanO brings in "his guy" and that guy fails as well, maybe the accountability goes to DanO, and starts uncovering what really needs to be done (danO gone, new GM brought in). Probably still a few years off even best case scenario.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11
    Maybe you are right. Maybe I am, who knows?? all I care about is getting the Reds back where they belong, and I think it starts in the front office.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to send the whole front office packing, but I am not willing to give the players a free pass. This team stinks because the players have played horribly. Granted, the front office is the reason those players are on the team in the first place, but it is still the players who are getting slaughtered on the field.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

I like Miley the guy, but I dont think he has distinguished himself as a the right guy fo rthis team. So I would welcome a change. Bowa? I'm not thrilled about that, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I would prefer Davey Johnson, but I also prefer redheads and well, none seem to be lining up outside my office right now. Wait lemme check...nope, none yet.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    I also prefer redheads and well, none seem to be lining up outside my office right now. Wait lemme check...nope, none yet.
    me too, and unfortunately, me too.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

"Stay Hot"

They can't hire Bowa, I would miss him on the XM Home Plate morning show.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Dr. Johnson, hmmmmm..... And just what do you purport to be a Doctor of if I may be so BOLD ???

:fineprint
    Maybe he is a Johnson Doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192
    Last I checked, DanO has yet to give up a gopherball,
    But he gave the pitchers that have an awful lot of cash.

Turn Off Ads?