Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jiminez designated for assignment

Re: Jiminez waived!!!

This management can't please hardly any of you on here can they!!! All I've read for the last month is how they should get rid of Jimenez, and when they do, it's a stupid move. Did you ever think that maybe they couldn't get anything for him? They got enough middle of the road players in their minor league system now the way it is. They did what was best in my opinion, they cut loose what I feel from articles I was reading, a quickly forming cancer in the clubhouse, who was showing he didn't really care if the team he was playing on won or lost. He didn't like being benched even though he wasn't even hitting his weight, and made sure everyone knew it. I agree, Wilson should go, but unfortunatley I don't think his contract will allow that. They got their replacement for Jimenez in Muchado when he is healthy, he is better then anything they could have gotten for Jimenez. You guys need to look at the whole picture, I never saw fans who were so unhappy with any move this team makes.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I have absolutely no issue with this move, as long as it is one of several over the course of the next few weeks that need to be done. (The others involving RA, Weber, et.al are hopefully obvious)

Jimenez is one of several on this team (see Graves, Danny) who project such a cavalier attitude both in the field and at the plate that it just drives me insane.

Jimenez's high opinion of his batting eye, which has led to countless taken third strike (he is not the only one guilty of this) and inability or stubborness to do the little things in the game to help you team win, are reasons that he shouldnt let the door hit him in the rear on the way out.

Fair thee well D'Angelo....we'll hardly miss ya.

I can't believe the Yankees wouldn't consider Jiminez. He'd have to be a better option than Cano
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

After thinking about it for a little while, I think they should have considered bringing up a Catcher instead of an infielder.

Quote Originally Posted by nc redsfan
    This management can't please hardly any of you on here can they!!! All I've read for the last month is how they should get rid of Jimenez, and when they do, it's a stupid move. Did you ever think that maybe they couldn't get anything for him? They got enough middle of the road players in their minor league system now the way it is. They did what was best in my opinion, they cut loose what I feel from articles I was reading, a quickly forming cancer in the clubhouse, who was showing he didn't really care if the team he was playing on won or lost. He didn't like being benched even though he wasn't even hitting his weight, and made sure everyone knew it. I agree, Wilson should go, but unfortunatley I don't think his contract will allow that. They got their replacement for Jimenez in Muchado when he is healthy, he is better then anything they could have gotten for Jimenez. You guys need to look at the whole picture, I never saw fans who were so unhappy with any move this team makes.
    nc reds fan please pull up one of my over 400 posts from the last three years where i have said this
    then i will apologize

Quote Originally Posted by nc redsfan
    I think everyone sees this as a minor move and not anything to help matters like trying to help the pitching.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

nc, who on here wanted Jimenez released?

By the way, in case you missed it, DLo was back on track and the OPS was rising rapidly.

This was another dumb move by an inept organization.

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman
    Do you guys think that the Reds front office is trying to send a message to all the other players on DJ's release.
    Oh, I believe that's what DanO thinks he's doing. I also believe he's wrong. You want to send a message, you target one of those "comfortable" players.

This front office has become too comfortable as well.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Oh, I believe that's what DanO thinks he's doing. I also believe he's wrong.
    I believe he is wrong as well. If you want to send a message you do it by cutting someone that actually improves your major league roster by getting rid of them, not by making it worse and getting nothing to help your organization in the future. :thumbdown

Idiots.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

The main thing that made me mad about DJ,is he never showed NO emotion on the field.Atleast Larue,Casey,Dunn and some others throw their bat in anger when they get out.DJ on the other hand if he just struckout he would walk back to the dugout smiling like he done something good.

I can't stand players like that!! you don't win with players like him.I want players that is willing to sacrfice their body everyday and wants to win.Im glad DJ is gone yes I wish they would have traded him but they did'nt.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

If he's designated for assignment, maybe there's a deal already in the works. Maybe not. I'd be very disappointed with the front office if they let him go for nothing.

It sounds like one more indication that the front office highly values clubhouse chemistry and character. I'm all for both, but never at the expense of performance.

You don't have to finish last because you're a nice guy. But if you are a nice guy, you better be a stone cold killer on the field, and a lot of ours aren't.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Not sure I understand the belly-aching over this move. DJ hasn't played well, and his demeanor on the field and in the media has been very negative. Will this move alone help this team? Hardly, but then I would assume there will be additional minor corresponding moves. Will they make the difference in turning this season around? Not likely. Reds fans are going to have to suck it up and realize that the fix for what ails this club is some time off...as in 2008, if not later. The FO will never admit that pubicly, hence the grasping at straws (ie Milton, Ortiz, Aurilia). But you don't broke a franchise as broken as this one overnight with signing of a homer-happy lefty. So they tried and it didn't work out. They went looking to capture lightning in a bottle and they failed miserably. Unless they spent the kitty that would have gone to lock up Dunn and Pena (maybe Kearns?), then I'm not sure what the harm was. All this goes back to the Clement episode. If DO had been able to close that deal, and he was much closer than any of us realized at the time, we're having a different conversation right now. Oh well. The only thing they can do now is learn from the lesson and hope someone comes calling on Milton.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I'm of the belief that clubhouse chemistry is very overrated.

In fact, IMO winning brings chemistry.

Sometimes it doesn't.

Jimenez's high opinion of his batting eye, which has led to countless taken third strike (he is not the only one guilty of this) and inability or stubborness to do the little things in the game to help you team win, are reasons that he shouldnt let the door hit him in the rear on the way out.
    His "inability to do the little things?" What, like working deep into the count, which he does as well as anyone in the league? You don't see that as a "little thing" that helps the team win?

BTW - Jimenez's OPS for May is .763, which is decent for a middle infielder. And over the last 7 days, his OPS is .889. In other words, *he was coming out of his slump.*

But some people closed their eyes too soon.

This was a dumb, dumb move.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I think not sliding the other day was the straw that broke the camels back. It was symbolic of the malaise that's infected this team.

So many guys performing below even their mediocre norms. Something has to be shaken up, I just don't want to shoot ourselves in the foot doing it by getting nothing.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?