Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jiminez designated for assignment

Re: Jiminez waived!!!

I guess Jiminez must be a total loser in the clubhouse. Everything points to this being more than just a baseball move. After all the rumblings from San Diego and Chicago I guess it makes sense.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    I guess Jiminez must be a total loser in the clubhouse. Everything points to this being more than just a baseball move. After all the rumblings from San Diego and Chicago I guess it makes sense.

Well, at least he can't get into a fight with Ryan Freel again this season!

what does this accomplish?

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Could this go deeper I wonder. Maybe, DLo was a cancer in the clubhouse. He sure didn't appear to be a great shape to start off the year.

Heck, nothing surprises me anymore with this front office. They'll probably start Lopez over Freel and FeLo. Morons.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Rich Aurilia hits below .200 and starts everyday. Not to mention him being a bad player the past 4 years.

Jimenez, coming off a good year, struggles a month and half and gets waived.

I hate this FO.
    Completely agree with you. :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown

BOOOOOO!

This front office just has too many idiots that don't know how to manage a roster.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

slide next time, knock him down, somethin'

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

I can't say that I like getting rid of Jimenez over Aurilla but a message had to be sent and since Bergolla, Freel and Lopez brothers can all play 2b than what did we really lose. In these last few weeks Jimenez had only 2 errors but remember the fact that the meltdown vs. St louis started with him not getting the throw over to turn two. He was also on his 3rd team and although he is young he got the tag as lazy which will never help. If this is what it takes to shake things up great but I think the problems start off the field. (DanO I'm talking to you)
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    My prediction is that the return of Machado will lead to the release of Aurilia
    Matt lets hope so b/c he sucks just as bad as DJ did on this team.I can't figure out thow why did'nt the reds trade DJ and try to get somebody back instead of just releasing him.Is our FO really that dumb??
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

I am absolutely beside myself. I can't flippin believe this move. It is obivious to me that Dan O'Brien has absolutely no baseball knowledge. Is this his idea of a shakeup? Is this supposed to fire up the team? The only thing we can hope, is that this is just the beginning of another move in play. Stay tuned.

Move over Mike Brown, Carl Lindner will now take your thrown.
    The Official Old Red Guard Points Countdown Timer©
    115 Points to go
    ..as of 7-15-2005

:griffey:
    ...and a high drive, hit back into deep right field,
    Junior has just knocked the door down to the 500 club. - Marty Brenneman, Sunday June 20th, 2004

Come on, releasing Jiminez is nothing short term. Can Freel pitch? Do something to improve things for the long term!

Jiminez's on-field struggles (not just at the plate ... defensively, on the basepaths ... everywhere) and his well known off-field, let's say, moodiness, made him the guy to go to send a message. I get the feeling Aurilia is well respected among the guys in that clubhouse. Jiminez's attitude issues could be overlooked when he was performing. When he's lousy across the board, those issues aren't so easy to ignore.

And this opens the door for Freel to play more at second. Freel isn't going to play short, so cutting Aurilia means you're down to FeLo and LuLo at short -- not good.

I'm all for this move. But some around here will complain about anything.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Hope somebody picks him up so that we care not stuck with the 2 million he's owed.

What this accomplishes: Ryan Freel will play everyday and bat leadoff. One less person to have to fit into the rotation with Kearns, Dunn, and Pena.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg
    Hope somebody picks him up so that we care not stuck with the 2 million he's owed.
    I believe that if someone picks him up that they pay him the ML minimum and the Reds pay the rest. I could be mistaken, but I think that's how it works.

I think I would have tried to get something for him.
    Like a minor leaguer or something, just not waive him.

***edit*** Does this mean hes released, or just sent on assignment?

Turn Off Ads?