Thread: Jiminez designated for assignment

Re: Jiminez waived!!!

still waiting, ncredsfan
    lesson learned, don't call "everyone" out if you don't back it up

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    And standing pat did what....?
    Absolutely nothing. You are correct. All I was saying that if this is the "big" move, it is not going to be enough.

I am opened minded enough to agree that this move may have been good for other reasons, but without some changes in the pitching department, this move alone isn't going to keep pitchers like Wilson and Milton from giving up 6 and 7 runs a game. Unless Luis Lopez can pitch, we are still in a pitching quagmire.
    The Official Old Red Guard Points Countdown Timer©
    115 Points to go
    ..as of 7-15-2005

:griffey:
    ...and a high drive, hit back into deep right field,
    Junior has just knocked the door down to the 500 club. - Marty Brenneman, Sunday June 20th, 2004

[QUOTE=Johnny Footstool]His "inability to do the little things?" What, like working deep into the count, which he does as well as anyone in the league? You don't see that as a "little thing" that helps the team win?

Nope, cause working that count more often than not had him looking catatonic as strike three wizzed right by him, time and time again.

And little things like swinging at the first pitch on sunday with runners on 2nd and 3rd and a wild pitcher throwing.....hows that for working the count.

Not sliding wednesday on play and then flat falling flat on your face trying to score on another.

Little things that dont show up in box scores, or in idiotic fantasy stats.

Nope, cause working that count more often than not had him looking catatonic as strike three wizzed right by him, time and time again.
    Yeah, nevermind the fact that by seeing 5 pitches per at-bat he was actually helping the team see more of the pitcher's repetoire and helping get the starting pitcher out of the game. That's basic strategy.

And you're still ignoring the fact that he was coming out of his slump. But don't let that stop you from hating.

Little things that dont show up in box scores, or in idiotic fantasy stats.
    Is OPS an "idiotic fantasy stat?"
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 05-20-2005 at 05:40 PM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by butlerbulldogs
    still waiting, ncredsfan
    lesson learned, don't call "everyone" out if you don't back it up
    Oh snap! These guys are about to throw down.

I don't mind the move, as long as it leads to something greater, as most others have already stated.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

It is when evaluating a player as whole, not just the offensive part of his game.

Signed

The Guru

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I guess Dan now realizes he shouldn't have signed him in the first place.....

It is when evaluating a player as whole, not just the offensive part of his game.

Signed

The Guru
    But by ignoring his OPS and his ability to work the count, you're *not* evaluating the player as a whole.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by nc redsfan
    You guys need to look at the whole picture, I never saw fans who were so unhappy with any move this team makes.
    It's because any move this team makes is so ridiculous, as to be laughable. This move does nothing to help the Reds and may well prove to be more detrimental than keeping D'Lo on the bench.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2
    It's because any move this team makes is so ridiculous, as to be laughable. This move does nothing to help the Reds and may well prove to be more detrimental than keeping D'Lo on the bench.
    Not if DLo throws a tantrum everytime he is sat.

I for one wont miss watching D'Lo take a called 3rd strike down the middle and then complaining that it was a bad call. Shaking his head in disbelief. Swing at the ball!! But as a whole I agree, other, better moves could have been made at this time. Send a message to the pitchers.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer
    Not if DLo throws a tantrum everytime he is sat.
    People keep bringing that up B. I must have missed it, because I don't remember any attitude problems with D'Lo. What exactly did he do?
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

There was a story that he and Freel got in to a fight last year at a hotel
    http://reds.enquirer.com/2004/09/04/red1nte.html
    Last edited by RedsIn07; 05-20-2005 at 05:55 PM.

Re: Jiminez designated for assignment

Only a good deal if Aurilia went with him..
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?